• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Ryce

Does anyone have a list of the moves unlocked through Mission mode? I know about the Package Piledriver, Yes Lock, and a few others, but I've yet to see a complete list.

Made a few titles and simming to see who picks them up. Had a Miz vs Sami Zayn for the intercontinental. Was heading for 100% no doubt until Zayn got a sneaky roll up to steal the win. Loving this game!

That's your Hogan?! I used him last night. Other than the Huckster doing too many figure fours, great representation!

Yes, mine, thank you very much. :)
Yeah i have to work on the logic an moveset tomorrow, couldn't spend as much time with it as i would like to.

Hope they will fix the logic problems very soon cause it's not only online, i have these problem offline too, nobody does a pin after a finish, like ever. :/

How come the wrestlers don't do top rope moves much? Watching a match now and both young bucks (from the workshop) go to the top rope and get down after the ref counts 1.

You should totally look back to old Fire Pro tutorials to see what certain behavior does (there's stuff like if a wrestler is more or less wreckless with their body, etc.)

Check the logic for Fire Pro D

Slizz

giphy.gif

CookTrain

Have they had much feedback on melee strikes? Still feels like the alignment needs to be super precise. Am I just doing it wrong?

Hasney

^ How's that not Critical everyone.

Its just a transition move when Ibushi and Omega fight.

Have they had much feedback on melee strikes? Still feels like the alignment needs to be super precise. Am I just doing it wrong?

It does need to be super precise. The big moves should only be hit on a dazed person until you really know the lengths of them. Dunno about feedback, but its been that way for 27 years, so not sure if it'll change ever.

Honestly don't know if I just like it because I'm used to it, or like it because it means you can't just big strike your way out of situations.

CookTrain

So they have CAW upload, and they have plans for Rings and Belts, I believe? Is there any talk on if they'll be letting people upload custom CAW parts? I guess that's much more open to poor quality though.

Jamie OD

During one of my matches a wrestler was thrown into the ref and the ref got busted open! I don't remember if referees could bleed in previous Fire Pro games so that's rad if it's new.

wSTGtuU.jpg

So they have CAW upload, and they have plans for Rings and Belts, I believe? Is there any talk on if they'll be letting people upload custom CAW parts? I guess that's much more open to poor quality though.
There's supposed to be a logo editor coming out eventually which due to sprites, means that everything is possible.
I asked earlier, but don't think I got a response. Did anyone set up a discord?
Nah, not here at least.
During one of my matches a wrestler was thrown into the ref and the ref got busted open! I don't remember if referees could bleed in previous Fire Pro games so that's rad if it's new.

wSTGtuU.jpg
Dope.

hamsjams

The specialized over-the-top-rope command is implemented really strangely. I can't discern how far from the ropes to do it, how beaten the opponents needs to be before it works, if I or the opponent should be closer to the ropes, if you need to press direction along with the 3D + Y input, why is it even on the 3D + Y input, and if all the headlocks I end up doing are because the opponent isn't hurt enough or if I'm just unable to input it correctly.

I don't even know why it exists, either. The normal Y + near ropes works all the time in an over-the-top battle royal. Further, in a battle royal that is "Normal" but has over-the-top DQ in the settings what possible reasoning could there be for only the specialized throw resulting in an elimination but none of the other methods that result in eliminations in actual over-the-top battle royals.

All the over-the-top-rope mechanics feel totally incomplete, ill-though out, and underwhelming.

So how does one do the "Corner to Center" moves like Shinsuke's Kinshasa?

Enemy downed in center of ring, go to the left or right corner and press into the corner + Big.

You probably want to have downed them with a serious move first because the strike only connects if they stand up dazed.

JambiBum

So how does one do the "Corner to Center" moves like Shinsuke's Kinshasa?

The opponent has to be down in the center of the ring, then you go to one of the side posts and hold the Big button + direction of corner. Then you should see the animation and once the opponent gets up the move will trigger. However, if they don't get up in a daze then they can avoid it.

Also, this happened to me earlier today. I was playing as AJ vs Daniel Bryan.

Sho Nuff

Banned
So I'm about to pull the trigger on this, but is there any way to download complete promotions all at once? I remember doing that with the Dreamcast version...somehow.

Also I remember spending my morning commutes to school in Tokyo playing Fire Pro Advance on GBA. FUCK STUDY TIME, IT'S TIME FOR ROYCE GRACIE TO DEATHMATCH HOGAN

So is that green pants one the Sabu to get? I grabbed the other white pants one because I assumed the creator knew what he was doing

Hard choosing between some of these, generally i go for the mix of most complete/best looking/"used data from previous games"(so they know what they're doing)

Kills me when I see a great looking CAW and the description says "appearance only" lol

Slizz

So is that green pants one the Sabu to get? I grabbed the other white pants one because I assumed the creator knew what he was doing

Hard choosing between some of these, generally i go for the mix of most complete/best looking/"used data from previous games"(so they know what they're doing)

Kills me when I see a great looking CAW and the description says "appearance only" lol

Yeah, I think its the most recent Sabu made as well, meaning it'll be first when you search him.

The gold pants Sabu is good too, just doesn't have that specific move, he also has 4 outfits for him.

Someone made an El Samurai based on DJKM's from FPR, one of my fave movesets.

Melee striking has always been the game's weakness since well literally forever. The need for absolute preciness has been ridiculous since at least the SNES.

You basically have to know range and be on the same 2d plane line. Best net there is to lineup shadows.

Wouldn't hold your breath hoping it'll change.

CookTrain

Melee striking has always been the game's weakness since well literally forever. The need for absolute preciness has been ridiculous since at least the SNES.

You basically have to know range and be on the same 2d plane line. Best net there is to lineup shadows.

Wouldn't hold your breath hoping it'll change.

I guess that's the problem with such a long-standing franchise. Eventually quirks become expectations. Start tinkering too much and you risk alienating the core.

OMG...can I do a Spanish Fly to the outside in this game too?
lyimT84.gif

Or a kokeshi?
G9pCteu.gif

Almost certainly on the Kokeshi, less so on the Spanish Fly. Flying moves (from the turnbuckle) can all be performed to someone in the ring or someone on the floor. So, say, you can do a 450 onto someone laying outside the ring. So all you need is for the Kokeshi to be in, and that'll work.

Spanish Fly is a turnbuckle grapple, meaning that you need a variant of the move that takes it to the outside instead of into the ring.

It's nuts to realize they are basically still running an engine that is they made for the Super Famicom with traces of it back to the PC engine in 1989.

Top Bottom