• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Hasney

Ive never heard of EWR. Care to link it?

I have some limited programming knowledge, and was trying to think of a small app I could make that we could use in the meantime. I think it would be a lot easier than dealing with spreadsheets.

However, im having a little trouble thinking of a starting point.

Its a booking sim, so you run a wrestling company for free

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/extreme_warfare_revenge.html

Still people releasing mods to update it too

http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/98220-ewr-real-world-update-april-2017/

T.A.L

Two missions left.

1v 3 handicap match

100% rating.

And I am beyond frustrated.

The first mission is frustrating because these dudes don't get no offense in for real but after three cycles of tagging out they beat me every time.

The latter mission, I just don't know what to do. I'm trying my best but damn I can't get 100. I'm putting this guy over. Putting on a show. I just can't get that rating.

I might need to put it down for a day.

Hasney

Yeah, so some preview images for my edits aren't showing and it's bugging me.

Just wondering if there's any workaround to get preview images showing when they don't seem to show up.

This Mike Elgin I took and made English never had a preview image, so I assumed because I used a base model that might be the bug: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974158897

However, the Heath Slater I made did have a preview image. All I did this morning was tweak the logic and re-upload after the new patch and the image vanished: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973428050

Finally, I made a Ken Kennedy and also updated him this morning, but the preview image *is* there, so I cannot find a common theme as to why this would happen http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974212837

OK so I fixed this. The only difference between Kennedy and the other two was that I manually edited the details on the Workshop page before uploading the revision of him. So I added the word TEST to Slater and Elgins titles and descriptions and when re-uploaded, the preview image worked perfect.

MYeager

I tried setting up a Royal Rumble last night and couldnt figure it out. Over the ropes was on, but 3 count could not be deactivated. Also - throwing them over the rope didnt eliminate them.

Anyone know what im doing wrong? Or is it just impossible right now?

Not near it so I can't check the match options on how it's set up but I know in mission mode there was a mission where you had to throw them over the top rope to eliminate them (3D + Run buttons) and the one right after if you just threw them out of the ring in any way it eliminated them and pinfalls/submissions counted. There's likely some match option settings that can be tweaked.

Ive never heard of EWR. Care to link it?

I have some limited programming knowledge, and was trying to think of a small app I could make that we could use in the meantime. I think it would be a lot easier than dealing with spreadsheets.

However, im having a little trouble thinking of a starting point.

On Fire Pro Arena user Carlzilla is doing something similar: http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=803&hilit=management

Management of the Ring mode was similar to an EWR style interface in Final Fire Pro Wrestling, only with less story specific content and more about managing a specific company. Was awesome though and I'm hoping the final version of the game will have a similar mode.

This is the link to the database he made and is updating:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2KPB ... nE5dFRCZUU

mrk8885

Banned
Just starting to learn this game. Never played it through the years. But it on steam but I'm actually teaching myself on GBA. Good stuff.

MYeager

Two missions left.

1v 3 handicap match

100% rating.

And I am beyond frustrated.

The first mission is frustrating because these dudes don't get no offense in for real but after three cycles of tagging out they beat me every time.

The latter mission, I just don't know what to do. I'm trying my best but damn I can't get 100. I'm putting this guy over. Putting on a show. I just can't get that rating.

I might need to put it down for a day.

1 vs 3 get all the offense, target a limb, put opponent into submission hold away from their corner to finish. Submissions to a very weak opponent will never give the tag partners enough time to break it up.

100% try keeping it back and forth with you still getting the edge. Throw the opponent outside the ring and taunt inside of the ring after. Do a high flying move. Have some 2.9 counts. At the end try to do multiple favorite moves in a row with close counts, taunt, then hit your finisher.

Not completely sure it's judging on Showman style from the GBA Fire Pro games, but I've had several 100% matches and feels easier to accomplish that here versus the GBA games.

Slizz

So delved in to online play for the first time....

A few notes.....

I had to create a room because no one was doing player vs player at the time. So I get to set all the rules essentially to my liking. I put the COM level at what I play but the other person doesn't know this. So I kind of annihilated him and he said he couldn't get the timing down. I also don't know since I was host if I had the advantage on top of the COM level being at what I'm used to.

He appreciated my Sabu prowess though.

Du2andal

Banned
Is the marketplace down? Cant seem to subscribe to anything.

EDIT: NM, its sort of working? It tells me there a a problem subscribing but when i reload to page it reads as subscribed.

T.A.L

1 vs 3 get all the offense, target a limb, put opponent into submission hold away from their corner to finish. Submissions to a very weak opponent will never give the tag partners enough time to break it up.

100% try keeping it back and forth with you still getting the edge. Throw the opponent outside the ring and taunt inside of the ring after. Do a high flying move. Have some 2.9 counts. At the end try to do multiple favorite moves in a row with close counts, taunt, then hit your finisher.

Not completely sure it's judging on Showman style from the GBA Fire Pro games, but I've had several 100% matches and feels easier to accomplish that here versus the GBA games.

Thanks man. The handicap match almost seems rigged. Hit a big move they automatically head to the corner and tag and it's hard to cut them off. I think I might try the chair illusion to get one of them disqualified lol

To say something bad about the game, after so much praise:

I hope the AI and logic works better now after the patch, couldn't test it yet, I simmed a tournament 2 days ago and while 1 or 2 matches were pretty cool, most of them were awful, nobody pinned anyone after a finisher cause it's bugged, almost everyone does their finisher 6-8 times out of the blue and most matches where done after only 4-6 ingame minutes. And yes CPU was on level 10.

It's really hit & miss so far and unfortunately, I didn't really got the "OMG another 2.9 very close kickout, this match is amazing" feeling yet.

Oh and Over the Top rope Battle Royal is garbage, hope they change that very soon. You get eliminated when you fall out under the ropes which is stupid when the match is called OVER the top rope and there is pinfall which you can't turn off.

What the actual fuck.

Did you redownload some of the Edits? You need to do this in order to fix them, I think.

The problem is, I don't know if that's because of the bugs or if the AI of FPW or the gameplay behind it, is just not that good (yet). Match logic is a big problem here at the moment.
Or maybe I do something wrong. :/

Nezzhil

I don't know almost nothing about wrestling, but I wanted to learn a bit about the Editor (stats, moves and CPU-Logic), so I pick a random wrestler from Returns that is still missing in the workshop and I ported it, Black Tiger III.

C1A48D29B9C46CACDD2898752A165572BC157C0B

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=991217937

In regards to graphics, there was an interview with the director linked in this thread (I think). He explained that a certain level of cartooniness and abstraction in the visuals is necessary to maintain believability in the mechanics and avoid potential licensing issues.

He also said that the team actually had 3d prototypes but that the mechanics no longer felt quite right and the geometry of the ring and camera angle was getting warped. I imagine the prototypes felt like a poorer version of an AKI engine game, which I wouldn't necessarily have minded, but they would have probably needed to make big mechanical changes before the prototypes felt as good as a real AKI game or the current 2D Fire Pro.

I'm pretty happy with their decisions. It looks very unique and had I never heard of Fire Pro I know for sure that uniqueness would have attracted my attention.

It wouldn't be Fire Pro without the 2D sprites.

I have never got the chance to play a fire pro game before but have always heard good things.

Watching videos and seeing how surprisingly recognisable the CAW's are (props to that amazing Broken Matt) is making the wait for the Ps4 version so much harder.

I have been waiting for a wrestling game I actually want to play for probably a decade now and this really looks like it will be everything I have wanted.

Hasney

I feel blind but in exhibition matches how do I pick a character and control it myself instead of watchinf the computers fight?

Press left of the character name if they're in the blue corner, then a and select 1p instead of cp.

Right if you want to be the red corner dude.

Press left of the character name if they're in the blue corner, then a and select 1p instead of cp.

Right if you want to be the red corner dude.

Keep moving the cursor until it hovers over the word CPU, select that, change to 1P

Select a character then push left to change from CPU to P1.

Click where it says CPU by the wrestler name and choose 1P?

Edit: way too slow
Thanks everyone, this game needs some serious QOL changes before release.

Brandwin

A few questions - Spirit Energy, breathing, critical and 3D Walk button.

I know breathing helps out stamina, right? Should I do it as often as I can and I just press the button down?

Critical - is a knockout blow that ends the match, can that be turned off? Maybe I missed the option?

What is Spirit energy and the 3d button?

Blizzard

Banned
A few questions - Spirit Energy, breathing, critical and 3D Walk button.

I know breathing helps out stamina, right? Should I do it as often as I can and I just press the button down?

Critical - is a knockout blow that ends the match, can that be turned off? Maybe I missed the option?

I'm not sure if Critical can be turned off, but match settings let you adjust how easy it is to do.

The 3D Walk button is weird to use, but the basic idea is that it makes you walk around the opponent. If you hold it down and move the joystick in the correct directions, you'll do a little circle around the opponent instead of moving towards them.

This can be useful if they are running at you, so you can do a quick dodge step out of the way.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

You don't have to spam it, but you want to do it regularly. Maybe every 2 minutes of game clock try to get some in.

Yes that's the KO option and yes it can be turned off (or adjusted for frequency).

Spirit is a stat that manages comeback potential I believe. High spirit wrestlers will take an asskicking but them come back strong.

3D button is how you move people around the arena, either headlock standing or dragging them when their down. By default it's R1/RB.

Foffy

Banned
Thanks everyone, this game needs some serious QOL changes before release.

What's weird is that if you're playing any of the modes that are like a tournament, you actually have the option of selecting CP or P1 before you can even select a wrestler.

It's inconsistent.

So I tried the mission where I have to win with a finisher about 5 times now, and it keeps saying failed after. I check the movelist, says multi belly to back suplex is my finisher. Did it, pinned, failed. Weird.

So I tried the mission where I have to win with a finisher about 5 times now, and it keeps saying failed after. I check the movelist, says multi belly to back suplex is my finisher. Did it, pinned, failed. Weird.

Is the move marked F or S

In this game F just means favorite

The move marked S is the finisher

tchocky

Your finisher is marked by S which is the Original Waterwheel Drop.

That finisher mission screwed me up too. But yep, it's S.

Any tips on winning the Battle Royal mission? It's a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom