• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Should we get a Gaf collection going? The best of the best we've come across or something. I'd really like a collection by people I trust know what they're doing rather than some of the collections now who barely have movesets never mind logic.

Hasney

Don't know why I loved Blitzkreig so much considering he wasn't in WCW long, but I do, and here he is

5F6AB2D74C6F3FB8D65F178CA2EAA4453719FC8E

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1037422086

Larsen B

Is there a way to delete Edits that have been downloaded?

I subscribed to the NewLegacyInc collection which has a plethora of joke characters I don't want and it's annoying to have to scroll past them when I'm adding Edits to the active game.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. For anyone else who wants to do it: Edit Mode > Workshop > Uninstall Item

Hasney

Is there a way to delete Edits that have been downloaded?

I subscribed to the NewLegacyInc collection which has a plethora of joke characters I don't want and it's annoying to have to scroll past them when I'm adding Edits to the active game.

Yeah, edit mode, Workshop and then Uninstall.

TeaJay

Some friends of mine streamed this and it looked a lot of fun so I decided to try too. I hear the online multiplayer only supports two players at the moment, but there's plans for more in the future?

Here's a random question: how can I pick up a weapon from under the ring?

Hasney

Some friends of mine streamed this and it looked a lot of fun so I decided to try too. I hear the online multiplayer only supports two players at the moment, but there's plans for more in the future?

Here's a random question: how can I pick up a weapon from under the ring?

Yup, they're doing the work on the netcode as a priority in Early Access/

Push towards the apron and press run to pick up weapons. If they're on the floor, it's down and run to pickup after.

Accidentally launched a multiplayer game where I had the AI play an SWA character against a player generated character. Still won the match by submission.

TeaJay

The tutorial mission "win with a high flying move from inside to outside of the ring" is kinda hard, when the opponent doesn't want to go outside.

Hasney

The tutorial mission "win with a high flying move from inside to outside of the ring" is kinda hard, when the opponent doesn't want to go outside.

Wear him down and grapple near the ropes, then throw them out by pressing the direction of the ropes and run. Once they stand up dazed, press BIG and towards the rope to hit a plancha and win the natch as normal.

This game must be absolute gold for people really into their wrestling. Even as someone who hasn't watched wrestling for YEARS it's super entertaining.

TeaJay

Wear him down and grapple near the ropes, then throw them out by pressing the direction of the ropes and run. Once they stand up dazed, press BIG and towards the rope to hit a plancha and win the natch as normal.

Okay, I'll have to try. You can't pin outside though?

One type of moves I haven't been able to get working are various turnbuckle slams. I can throw my opponent to the corner post, and run towards him while he's dazed in the corner, but even if I press BIG my guy won't do a move and instead just bumps into the opponent.

It seems like a game where you can do very tactical stuff if you can pull the moves off properly. For me at this point it's not quite on that level yet.

Okay, I'll have to try. You can't pin outside though?

One type of moves I haven't been able to get working are various turnbuckle slams. I can throw my opponent to the corner post, and run towards him while he's dazed in the corner, but even if I press BIG my guy won't do a move and instead just bumps into the opponent.

It seems like a game where you can do very tactical stuff if you can pull the moves off properly. For me at this point it's not quite on that level yet.

You don't have to win with the move, just hit one in the match

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It was always "sports entertainment". I have old movies of my great uncle overselling stuff in the 60s as a scrub in WWWF. Nothing as silly as that GIF though.

Right. Your great uncle sold, but nothing like that gif lol. Growing up as a wrestling fan in the '70s and '80s I think they did a better job of making it look real.

On topic though, this game really appeals to me because I can have all of those greats I grew up with. I was browsing through the pages of CaW characters and I was floored at how good they all looked. I still have to check if there's an old school Andre the Giant in there. Been on a big kick for some reason watching his old matches on YouTube. Stuff that I never got to see as a kid. He was pretty damn incredible.

Mhhhh is that a bug? Somehow some wrestler subscriptions in the workshop are gone. Workshop says i haven't subscribed to Styles or Nakamura but i still have them in the game, so at the moment i won't get any updates from them anymore and i have to delete the wrestlers and subscribe to them again.

:/

Watch out people if some of your subscriptions are unchecked in your workshop.

Alternatively, MED grapples usually cause a wrestler to stand up dazed. So hit a MED move outside, haul ass back inside, and do your dive.

Mhhhh is that a bug? Somehow some wrestler subscriptions in the workshop are gone. Workshop says i haven't subscribed to Styles or Nakamura but i still have them in the game, so at the moment i won't get any updates from them anymore and i have to delete the wrestlers and subscribe to them again.

Hmm. The AJ is unsubbed from mine as well, I'll have to check others

Hasney

Workshop was acting weird last night, so some shit may have gone wrong when people uploaded stuff. Don't think it's the game, just workshop in general.

mfaex

Thanks, guys. It's not OTR, unfortunately - that would be easy for me - but your advice sounds like the way to go!

I'm late here, but do things like suplexes near the ropes for non over-the-top-rope battle royales. The weak-grapple suplex, often the up move, is excellent for that when the opponent's back is to the ropes. Vertical suplex (often up-med grapple) is good for when your back is to the ropes. Those moves, amongst others, will make the enemy fall out of the ring.

The over the top rope one is what burned me. 40 minutes of me failing to issue the command correctly.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ok, the 1 pixel wide hitboxes on weapons are stupid.

Striking attacks in general are very precise in the series. More often than not it's a waste to use strong strikes when the opponent isn't dazed. You can also time a strong weapon strike pretty well to the standup animation, so you can just beat somebody back down until you get bored of it when you get the timing and distance right.

Ryce

Did mission mode. Final move is a cannonball senton.

BOOYAH
Could you possibly list out the moves unlocked through Mission mode? I've yet to see a complete list (only the starting moves), and my cries for help keep being ignored, haha. I'd just really like to get a feel for what's in the game before I plan my edits out for the PS4 version.

Hasney

Could you possibly list out the moves unlocked through Mission mode? I've yet to see a complete list (only the starting moves), and my cries for help keep being ignored, haha. I'd just really like to get a feel for what's in the game before I plan my edits out for the PS4 version.

I don't remember, sorry. There's nowhere to see. Package Piledrive was the penultimate one and then cannonball senton was the final.

Ryce

I don't remember, sorry. There's nowhere to see. Package Piledrive was the penultimate one and then cannonball senton was the final.
Ah, damn. There should really be a "Congratulations! You've unlocked [move]" screen that pops up after completing each mission.

Do you feel like you wouldn't have been ready for those moves if it wasn't for mission mode

Are you now fully prepared to execute the package piledriver

shaowebb

Im making a mental list of things to make in this like I did with returns. I tend to make comic book and videogame characters. Should be fun.

Slizz

Online is hit or miss. Probably 60/40 noticeable delay/minimal delay. It can get frustrating especially when you have the other fighter winning 95% of the grapples.

Top Bottom