• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Getting way into recording sim matches so I can extract Highlights for myself... Getting deep into a lot of things with this game. Too deep!

desktop07.15.2017-11.55ss8.gif
Is there a way to do this internally through Steam or do you need a third-party program?

1. yes

2. not sure, I think it involves com skip if so

3. is there a pin only or give up option?

I tried Give Up Only but the match ended in 6 minutes via Cage Escape. I really just want the AI to murder each other and stay in the cage until a winner is delcared by pinfall, submission or KO.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hey Brian_FETO, I just had your Asuka go against Chris Jericho on my stream and they put on a hell of a match.

You might want to consider upping her pin chances a bit and lowering her "pick opponent up" percentage on critical, she kept picking him up and trying to grapple him when she could have taken an easy pin.

Elija2

How do you do an aerial move from the inside of the ring to the outside? Either the manual doesn't say or I'm just not seeing it.

tchocky

Hey Brian_FETO, I just had your Asuka go against Chris Jericho on my stream and they put on a hell of a match.

You might want to consider upping her pin chances a bit and lowering her "pick opponent up" percentage on critical, she kept picking him up and trying to grapple him when she could have taken an easy pin.

I noticed this issue with a lot of the wrestlers I downloaded the default AI is set to 80% to pick up a critical opp. and 0% for pins. I guess a lot of creators overlook changing it. This lead me to watching a 100% match rating 30 minute draw between Bayley and Nia Jax.

I kind of wish they could have do a little more with the engine a little and didn't just add a filter to smooth the sprites. It would be great if you were able to give wrestlers asymmetrical gear.

ohhhhhh, it was that. used a big attack before using the sweet chin music, and now it always hits. thanks!

Learning that big attacks resulted in opponents getting to their feet dazed kinda blew my mind.

Unicorn

How many moves are there? Animations creatable or just from a list?

Can matches end in a single hit?

Above gifs have me curious of current limitations/options.

Hasney

Matches can end in a single hit, but it's rare as hell. Did it once with a straight punch as the first move and critical on high with a dude who had strikes as his critical.

Unicorn

Matches can end in a single hit, but it's rare as hell. Did it once with a straight punch as the first move and critical on high with a dude who had strikes as his critical.

oh man, hype! How long do typical matches last? Are the workshop chars all maxed stats garbage, or is there a baseline people are trying to work within? maybe a point/buy system?

I want mah next-gen salty bets, but with "balance"

Hasney

I kind of wish they could have do a little more with the engine a little and didn't just add a filter to smooth the sprites. It would be great if you were able to give wrestlers asymmetrical gear.

Learning that big attacks resulted in opponents getting to their feet dazed kinda blew my mind.

I read on another forum that they are working on asymmetrical gear, which is mad because that's a huge engine change. It only stores 4 standing sprites right now and flips them for the other side.

The BIG moves stand up groggy thing... Yeah. Been playing for 20 years and had no idea.

Unicorn

Yo, is there any GiantBomb coverage yet? i'm not premium, but I see Austin Walker tweeting and sharing some PAX wokrshop dudes and I know they talked about it on the recent Waypoint (I'm way behind in podcasts).

Hasney

Yo, is there any GiantBomb coverage yet? i'm not premium, but I see Austin Walker tweeting and sharing some PAX wokrshop dudes and I know they talked about it on the recent Waypoint (I'm way behind in podcasts).

They talked about it on both podcasts. Jeff and Alex seem to be digging it.

Good call, pick up for critical was at 70%. Dropped it to 25% and raised pin chance significantly

Hopefully that fixes it.

Honestly I think in most of my tests she would just end up submitting them so I never really noticed it as an issue

Will definitely check out your stream in the morning!

Kane1345

Suzuki and Ricochet just had an amazing sim match that was both really odd and awesome at the same time. Also I got a critical with zack sabre junior during an armbar and the opponent started rolling around in agony. In my head he broke his arm, I like that better lol.

Suzuki and Ricochet just had an amazing sim match that was both really odd and awesome at the same time. Also I got a critical with zack sabre junior during an armbar and the opponent started rolling around in agony. In my head he broke his arm, I like that better lol.

Is Suzuki's scuttle in the game?

5fs9I5o.gif

I love that.

shaowebb

My Iron Fist is up now on the store. I should put more effort into my description. Has full movelist and logic and parameters. Very strike oriented. I'll try to update him soon with yells and possible move names from the comics. Im experimenting on the mask as well...I may have a better solution that doesn't put the shading on his cheeks.
OLD
yq26JwK.jpg

EDIT
Done!
NEW
ngNhLZc.jpg

PaulLFC

I spent a while last night going through and tidying up the workshop edits I'd downloaded (I ended up with 2-3 of some wrestlers), assigning them to promotions etc.

Am I missing something or is the "Wrestler Order" screen in Team Edit useless at present? It says it lets you change the order the wrestlers are displayed on the select screen, which would be great as they're currently in a random order.

I wanted to put them in alphabetical order, but the Wrestler Order screen just appears to be a giant list of every wrestler in the game, not sorted by promotion or stable, so it's almost impossible to tell what effect any changes you make on that screen will have.

McCHitman

Banned
Yeah 2000 sounds more accurate.

I usually only look at categories so I never get the full list experience

Before I became a pro wrestler, i was a kid that wanted to be a wrestler. I connected my Saturn to a VHS player and recorded every move preview in Fire Pro 6 Men Scramble. That way I would have a larger arsenal than Dean Malenko.

I still have that tape. :)

shaowebb

Anyone know how to clone one outfit over to another slot on a character? I want to make different Iron Fist alts with the white look, and some with the tabi boots instead of the slippers but I dont want to have to start from scratch for something that should just be simple.
Here's the tabi boot variant btw. Iron Fist changed footgear a lot. Now the dudes in sneakers lol.
5U0phL5.jpg

Forkball said:
*awesome stuff*
Forkball thats a lot of scrolling. Could you edit so that your images dont have a return between them? They'd be easier to view side by side like Hogan above me is.

Anyone know how to clone one outfit over to another slot on a character? I want to make different Iron Fist alts with the white look, and some with the tabi boots instead of the slippers but I dont want to have to start from scratch for something that should just be simple.
Here's the tabi boot variant btw. Iron Fist changed footgear a lot. Now the dudes in sneakers lol.
5U0phL5.jpg

Yes, like this:

Right click on the attire number and copy then paste into the new number.

Holy shit Shibata and Kojima just had a kickass finish.

Kojima drops Shibata for a 2.9 count and looks poised to take the match but Shibata gets up right after kicking out and just criticals Kojima out of nowhere with a strike punch to the face for the KO win.

shaowebb

Oh god what have I done...the CPU beat Shibata with a headbutt. He just dropped and didn't get up :C

im goin to hell for this one said:

I think I need to check the parameter on that workshop Shibata just in case someone made his head super weak or something...this is so wrong.

Oh god what have I done...the CPU beat Shibata with a headbutt. He just dropped and didn't get up :C

I think I need to check the parameter on that workshop Shibata just in case someone made his head super weak or something...this is so wrong.

It happens I critcaled a guy with Shibata in 90 seconds.

Top Bottom