• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Online is hit or miss. Probably 60/40 noticeable delay/minimal delay. It can get frustrating especially when you have the other fighter winning 95% of the grapples.

I find anything below 5 bars unplayable. 5 bars is ok, not great but sorta playable.

Thankfully online simming is fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Online has been decent to good for me. When it's good, grapples are very doable.

I haven't had a single black screen freeze since the first patch.

I don't know why but people from China keep commenting "666666666666666" on my created Asuka. Lol.

Over 4,000 subs though. Crazy. To think I was discouraged to work on it because I figured the masters would have a perfect one that would nullify my efforts

tenor.gif

Follow your dreams, true believers

Sinatar

I don't know why but people from China keep commenting "666666666666666" on my created Asuka. Lol.

Over 4,000 subs though. Crazy. To think I was discouraged to work on it because I figured the masters would have a perfect one that would nullify my efforts

tenor.gif

If the steamspy numbers are correct 1 in 3 Fire Pro owners have your Asuka. That's crazy.

To think I was happy about my Kurt Angle breaking 1200, but I'm a vanilla midget grinding the indies compared to you sir.

If the steamspy numbers are correct 1 in 3 Fire Pro owners have your Asuka. That's crazy.

To think I was happy about my Kurt Angle breaking 1200, but I'm a vanilla midget grinding the indies compared to you sir.
I was lucky to get in early. I think a lot of better looking ones made later will be buried at first. Like I don't think the first Kenny that everyone downloaded looks nearly as good as Spirit Of Jazz' but that one is gradually making its way up the ranks

If you're already over 1,000 then it should be fairly easy for people to find it so it'll keep increasing. I think mine has basically been like roughly 1,000 per day

justjim89

The tutorial is immensely helpful, but it's missing key things.

-How do I manually exit the ring?
-What grapple is it where you can move your opponent around the ring? Seen CPU's do it.
-How do I throw my opponent out of the ring?
-How do I drag a downed opponent?
-Can I not edit downloaded wrestlers or their movesets?
-Are there any more advanced visual or performance settings?
-How do I counter? Strikes, ground attacks, high flying attacks, etc. I feel helpless most of the match.
I-I have entrances turned on but they're still skipped at the start of the match.

This is the first Fire Pro game I've really played, and the minuscule timing window for grappling is kinda frustrating. Wish there was an option to widen them.

Get close to the edge and press Medium/A
-What grapple is it where you can move your opponent around the ring? Seen CPU's do it.
I think that's right shoulder button.
This is in the tutorial. Right shoulder button + Y button.
Right shoulder button when they're down.
Not yet. It is still an early release. I did read in the forums you can change the resolution, but it isn't in the settings.
-How do I counter? Strikes, ground attacks, high flying attacks, etc. I feel helpless most of the match.
Ground attacks are usually High/B button. Try out all the combinations and look at the move list.
I-I have entrances turned on but they're still skipped at the start of the match.

This is the first Fire Pro game I've really played, and the minuscule timing window for grappling is kinda frustrating. Wish there was an option to widen them.

Prophane33

That's Chinese internet slang for "awesome". 6 has the same sound as 溜, which like the English word "Cool" has a proper meaning and a slang meaning.

One I use with my Chinese friends a lot is 88, which means Bye bye.

Syder

is there a quick way to delete your entire downloaded roster?

There have been quite a lot of duds on the workshop and I'd rather start again from scratch.

You can't edit the downloaded copy directly, but you can tweak existing ones by copying them. Go to Edit Mode, Create New Wrestler, Model Wrestler. It'll load the edit as your base, and you can tweak and save from there. If you do this, you probably want to unsub from the workshop copy or move them to Retired so you don't have 2 copies of the same guy.

Counters are automatic. If you have the stamina to counter, you will. If you don't, you won't. The only thing you can do to stay away from standing strikes if you can't counter is to stay out of range and keep moving.

Only Fake-MSG has entrances. The other 2 venues do not have entrances.

Sinatar

Counters are automatic. If you have the stamina to counter, you will. If you don't, you won't. The only thing you can do to stay away from standing strikes if you can't counter is to stay out of range and keep moving.

This is only true for front grapples. Back grapples and top post grapples are manually countered by hitting one of your attack buttons at the right time.

This is only true for front grapples. Back grapples and top post grapples are manually countered by hitting one of your attack buttons at the right time.

True, you can hit the button to prevent a top rope move from being executed. The back grapple is less of a counter and more that you have an opportunity to use the timing to prevent them from initiating a back grapple attack. But blocks of standing strikes, blocks of jumping from the top rope moves, counters of standing to ground attacks, and counters of any move that the other player initiated out of a grapple are all automatic.

shaowebb

Did you change the visibility from hidden to public?

Yes. Its been a bit. Lemme check to see if its there now. It used to take some workshops awhile to refresh once uploaded.
EDIT: Not yet. Let me reupload.

DOUBLE EDIT: Still not there. WTF?

Hasney

Yes. Its been a bit. Lemme check to see if its there now. It used to take some workshops awhile to refresh once uploaded.
EDIT: Not yet. Let me reupload.

DOUBLE EDIT: Still not there. WTF?

Chavo hasn't shown up in most recent either, but it is there. Workshop cocking up again most likely.

justjim89

Mission number 5 makes no sense. It says to win with a flying move to the outside, but that match has outside falls turned off. What the hell are you supposed to do?

Thanks for the answers, btw. The timing in this game is a motherfucker and I kinda don't know what to do when the CPU gets on a roll.

Mission number 5 makes no sense. It says to win with a flying move to the outside, but that match has outside falls turned off. What the hell are you supposed to do?

Thanks for the answers, btw. The timing in this game is a motherfucker and I kinda don't know what to do when the CPU gets on a roll.
It's weird. I tossed them over the top rope, then I think I did forward and Big to leap on them. I then knocked them down a bit and they got counted out, which gave me the success.

tchocky

You have to do a flying move to the outside and also win the match. You do not have to win with the flying move it is a bad translation.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I just did a dive and then at some point later won the match. I don't think it matters when you do the dive for that mission, it's not like the finisher one where you should pin as soon as you do the move.

Ive been hooked on this game, but one thing has always bothered me about wrestling games. I really want my finishing moves to hit hard, and be hard to hit. I like having to really drain the opponent and then hit it. Here, I notice the opponent gets up quicker than me sometimes after a finisher lol. Still only doing mission matches though.

justjim89

I just did a dive and then at some point later won the match. I don't think it matters when you do the dive for that mission, it's not like the finisher one where you should pin as soon as you do the move.

Does it have to be a specific kind of dive? Because I did that and still failed the challenge.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Does it have to be a specific kind of dive? Because I did that and still failed the challenge.

I didn't even do a running one, I just did an asai moonsault I think? I threw the guy out, did the standing forward+big dive, then threw him back in and won a few moves later.

Syder

I kinda find it hard to organise CAWs...

Right now I have WWF/WWE and WCW split into 5 year eras with various stables within them but it might be a bit too much to go through in menus.

Also I forget how a lot of 90s jobbers were aligned.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I figured out my ring post moves problem, the moves I had under the "opponents dazed in corner" and "opponents down in corner" were mixed up. I feel like an idiot.

Blizzard

Banned

Someone already answered these, but I would also suggest right clicking the game and reading the Steam manual. There is a lot the tutorials don't spell out.

OmegaDL50

I need to pick this up eventually.

I want to Sim the entire ECW line-up and various events from the pre-WWE buyout era when I used to regularly attend shows in South Philly.

Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Damme, The Franchise, Bullah, Taz, The Dudley Boyz, Saturn and Cronus, Al Snow, Steve Corino, Stevie Richards and the Blue Meanie, etc.

I want to have ALL of them.

I wonder how many of them are made so far.

Sinatar

I want to Sim the entire ECW line-up and various events from the pre-WWE buyout era when I used to regularly attend shows in South Philly.

Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Damme, The Franchise, Bullah, Taz, The Dudley Boyz, Saturn and Cronus, Al Snow, Steve Corino, Stevie Richards and the Blue Meanie, etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974570861

tchocky

Here is a collection with 44

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974570861

edit: beaten

Slizz

Seriously about 95% of what you listed. Super Awesome, Jerry Lynn, Funk, Lance Storm, Shane Douglas, Axl, Balls, as well.

If you start a tournament can you save it after any match and continue later?

Is there any way to sim a match without watching or do you just have to set it to the fastest speed?

How do you disable cage escape in Cage Deathmatch?

tenor.gif

Well, my Hogan has 5000 subs and was linked in a Rock Paper Shotgun article.
(Your Asuka too, by the way :p)

Dreams can come true.

If you start a tournament can you save it after any match and continue later?

Is there any way to sim a match without watching or do you just have to set it to the fastest speed?

How do you disable cage escape in Cage Deathmatch?

1. yes

2. not sure, I think it involves com skip if so

3. is there a pin only or give up option?

fleck0

Getting way into recording sim matches so I can extract Highlights for myself... Getting deep into a lot of things with this game. Too deep!

desktop07.15.2017-11.55ss8.gif

Top Bottom