• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look: CW's Supergirl & Superman Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How would Superman even get jacked; he can't take steroids and I'm not even sure what he could lift that would make him get buffer, or why it would even help all that much.

how to do you go from this:

latest

to that.

seriously, ya'll are show business.. hire him a dietician and body trainer.

Pluto

how to do you go from this:

to that.

seriously, ya'll are show business.. hire him a dietician and body trainer.
While Cavill has a great body what we see in this picture is a padded suit with Cavill's head sticking out. If he wore an unpadded suit we wouldn't see much of his physique.

Tyler Hoechlin is ripped, he doesn't need a dietician or trainer.

Pepboy

That's a hard pass on that Superman.

Also, why a skirt?
I don't watch Supergirl or know anything about her, it just doesn't seem like it would cover anything during flight.

I don't think there are many superheroes or villians flying behind her trying to look upskirt...

Slaythe

Objective thoughts :

- The promo pic is absolute garbage

- He looks 100% like the part on the BTS shots

- Dat ass

- Great hair. I'll take the hair over balding superman more muscular

- The suit idea works, but the material is very amateurish. That being said, with post prod and color treatment, it won't look as fake, just like Supergirl's.

I like it !

I hated the show though but I'll definitely give it another chance with supes.

Who looked at the pic and thought it was ok? From the derpy expression to the head to body proportions that really stand out due to his long neck. Also his pose is terrible. He's just kinda standing there unsure of what to do with his hands and arms. Just terrible all around.

Reeve kept getting bigger over the course of filming of Superman and Superman II then by the time Superman III came along the dude was like a tank. IIRC and I can't remember if it was the first two movies or after but they had to actually keep removing padding from the suit because of how big Reeve was getting.

Earlier promo shot for STM.
Later (I think) promo shot for STM.

Shot from Superman III.

HXxInj9.jpg

I respectfully disagree with your suggestion that the only difference between these 2 men is the budget of the suit.
It definitely isn't just that but a movie has months of pre-production before they start shooting and cast have months to prepare for the role, Cavill had a lot of time to bulk up.

How would Superman even get jacked; he can't take steroids and I'm not even sure what he could lift that would make him get buffer, or why it would even help all that much.

His body is basically at a "peak" physique and efficient due to his physiology and that's just how artists envision that.

that guy looks small in comparison to movie superman

Of course he does, it's not as if he had seven plus months to gain mass like Cavill did before MoS started filming. They're still around the same height though going by the nerds who pay attention to celeb heights.

This was Cavill before he started his training for Justice League:

Henry%20Cavill%20shirtless.jpg

This is him now:

tumblr_oar2u6koa81r9pt1so1_r1_500.png

What we get out of this ? We need more upper body pics of him.

DrBo42

Cavill is just a bigger guy. New dude was never going to match that. You can say padded suit etc but he's a wider and taller build.

DrBo42

This is what I was talking about... Mehcad Brooks is a relative giant.

f10QNck.jpg

That kinda works out though as you'd never suspect Clark is Superman standing next to Jimmy.

Wait, doesn't he refer to him as "the big guy" in season 1? He always refers to him being larger than life in his talks with Kara and the dude is like 5'6.

Edit: Apparently he's 6'0 and Mehcad is 6'3. I don't believe this.

RS4-

Mehcad is fucking massive. And I didn't realize Reeves was like that in SM3, I don't remember much about that movie at all.

But yeah, Cavill is a tank.

Effect

Wait, doesn't he refer to him as "the big guy" in season 1? He always refers to him being larger than life in his talks with Kara and the dude is like 5'6.

Edit: Apparently he's 6'0 and Mehcad is 6'3. I don't believe this.

Going to assume for my own headcanon that Jimmy hit a growth spurt after he originally meet Clark/Superman when he was younger and the "big guy" name stuck.

charsace

I wish a live action version of Supes would do a costume with a collar like in the comics. why are people scared of a collar. And I don't understand why supergirl still doesn't have pants.

charsace

Lots of people hate the collar.

I didn't like the change at first, but I thought about it and it made more sense that an advanced alien race that seems to be practical in how they go about things would wear something like the new costume and not the old one. The cape is the only concession to vanity in the costume's design.

Faiz

I love how this casting accentuated how odd Jimmy's casting is. Mehcad is just way too huge. And cool. I like that they went with a racially diverse casting but someone like Donald Glover would have been a much better choice.

I wish a live action version of Supes would do a costume with a collar like in the comics. why are people scared of a collar. And I don't understand why supergirl still doesn't have pants.

Maybe it works on the more modern costume but if it's still being worn under his clothes a collar doesn't make sense.

SJRB

Gold Member
Perhaps his posture is so hunched because of the weight of the cape..? He doesn't stand tall, chest up and shoulders back, but more hunched forward. Makes him look smaller, less energetic I guess.

I know it's pretty nitpicky at this point, and 3/4th of us in here don't even watch the show, lol.

If they actually have him put effort in making himself look unsuperman-like then good on them because there's been so little effort in doing that in live action since Reeve aside from Returns but there was so little of Routh there as Clark doing a Reeve impression that I don't really feel like counting it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dat Superass...know i understand why Welling didnt wanna wear the costume ...lawl.

Joni

Cool that they're doing the iconic 'tear open shirt' Clarke, I kinda only expected to see him in costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom