• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Same here. I do miss doing that. Those 9-10 foot songs on heavy were the equivalent of 3 minute sprints to cheesy techno music.

One of my friends owns an actual cabinet in his house and wants to start playing more to lose weight and get fit again. I may take him up on his offer to join regularly. Such fun cardio.

mooooose

I never find those types of sweets worth it. give me pizza or a burger and fries any day. no question.
Me either, rainbow cookies are my only vice. I'd take those exact things (pizza, burger, fries) over any other cake/sweet. But I can't stop with rainbow cookies, and cannolis. They're too good.

Have to reset my bench and squats after stalling. Feels double bad, man.

Mully

Used my FlipCam tonight to document my 3X3 Squat session. It's the first squat day I've had in three week since my injury. Below are my three working sets (205X3, 235X3, 260x5) and a BBB set (145X10). Feel free to critique the shit out of me.

145X10 BBB
205X3
235X3
260X5

ezrarh

So fitnessgaf - the human body works in mysterious ways. Today was deadlift day, just trying to get back into the groove of things since my week long stomach bug + a vacation in Puerto Rico that consisted of a lot of alcoholic sugary drinks, my goal was just to do 347.5 for 5 but I felt real good today so I decided to do some heavy singles. Did 375 and 395 no problem.

Decided to go for 415 and got it no problem and my buddy came in time to take a short video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvRdmhBdgk

Not the greatest video since you can't even see my upper body but that's the first time I've had a video of my form so it's interesting to look at. My friend suggests I go lower - bring the quads and hips a little bit lower. To me it does look like my butt is sticking out too high but I'm very used to the position but I will have to try a few things out. Don't know what it was, didn't get that much sleep last night but I felt fucking great.

Noema

The problem is that if you lower your hips you'll lose hamstring tension.

hamstringtension.png

(Image taken from here)

Also you might want to wait until your hips are fully unlocked before you unlock your knees since you had to shove the weight out of the way on the way down.

Still, 415lb at 145lb is very, very good. That's just 20lb before you reach 3x Bodyweight! And a 3x Bodyweight Deadlift is a pretty awesome thing to have.

ezrarh

The problem is that if you lower your hips you'll lose hamstring tension.

Also you might want to wait until your hips are fully unlocked before you unlock your knees since you had to shove the weight out of the way on the way down.

Still, 415lb at 145lb is very, very good. That's just 20lb before you reach 3x Bodyweight! And a 3x Bodyweight Deadlift is a pretty awesome thing to have.

Good insight, thanks man. Yeah, the way I let it down felt off and it looks clearly off from the video. He just mentioned the whole quad thing cause my squat is actually very close to my deadlift so it feels like there's something I can improve on. Also I am trying to gain weight now! A few things got in the way of eating a lot the last few months but I'm back on track =D

Eggs always breakdown really really slowly so you are going to be more full over a longer period of time especially if your having them with high carbs.

After a thorough judging process I declare QUESTS PBJ the best of the group with Cookie Dough right behind. Man these things are good its so hard to eat only one.

I gotta say that Apple Pie is #1, with Cookie Dough at 2, and PBJ at #3.

Conor 419

Banned
I saw the Doc, she was sayin' a groin inflammation. Gave me some ibruprofen gel or some shit but said cut the squats for a bit.

I've had to bridge a dumbbell gap with the barbell which is annoying, but my shoulder press and bench press are getting way better tho, hoping to have a good final push before summer and then enter CUT MODE.

Petrie

Banned
You guys and your candy bars.

Get a wife to make you delicious protein bars.

Quest are the only ones I've found that I'd definitely not call a candy bar despite being delicious.

I'd bet dollars to donuts whatever she's making doesn't taste as good as these cookie dough bars, or pack in all the fiber and such!

rando14

Quest are the only ones I've found that I'd definitely not call a candy bar despite being delicious.

I'd bet dollars to donuts whatever she's making doesn't taste as good as these cookie dough bars, or pack in all the fiber and such!

I'd bet dollars to donuts that you can save a ton of money by making bars yourself.

Get fiber from real food. ;)

Petrie

Banned
I'd bet dollars to donuts that you can save a ton of money by making bars yourself.

Get fiber from real food. ;)

Quest bars are real food.

Also, I can't make anything that'd taste nearly as good and pack all the nutrition they do for anywhere near what I pay for quest bars, not to mention the time value of money involved.

To each their own though. I'll keep supporting an awesome company making a fantastic product.

Got my box of Peanut Butter Supreme in today, Banana Nut coming next week. Peanut Butter Supreme is my third favorite, behind Cookie Dough and Banana Nut at the top. Fucking Quest bars are AMAZING. They have been really helpful in curbing craving of sweets for me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I don't know. The protein stuff on that YouTube page that's been posted a lot has some damn good stuff that's got some nice fiber too.

I broke open a scab on my shin today while deadlifting. Had to take a quick break to stop bleeding + put a bandaid on, then it was back to deadlifts.

I really should just start wearing pants on deadlift days.

SeanR1221

So fitnessgaf - the human body works in mysterious ways. Today was deadlift day, just trying to get back into the groove of things since my week long stomach bug + a vacation in Puerto Rico that consisted of a lot of alcoholic sugary drinks, my goal was just to do 347.5 for 5 but I felt real good today so I decided to do some heavy singles. Did 375 and 395 no problem.

Decided to go for 415 and got it no problem and my buddy came in time to take a short video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvRdmhBdgk

Not the greatest video since you can't even see my upper body but that's the first time I've had a video of my form so it's interesting to look at. My friend suggests I go lower - bring the quads and hips a little bit lower. To me it does look like my butt is sticking out too high but I'm very used to the position but I will have to try a few things out. Don't know what it was, didn't get that much sleep last night but I felt fucking great.

Awesome weight considering you're 145 pounds.

MjFrancis

The oatz and whey bars my wife makes me at home cost something like $4.00 for a 4,000 calorie pan. They are definitely bulking bars, though - they contain only a modicum of fiber (mostly from the oatmeal).

Mully

I hate to be that guy, but if anyone wants to take a look at my squat form and give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Used my FlipCam tonight to document my 3X3 Squat session. It's the first squat day I've had in three week since my injury. Below are my three working sets (205X3, 235X3, 260x5) and a BBB set (145X10). Feel free to critique the shit out of me.

145X10 BBB
205X3
235X3
260X5

Cudder

getting the burgers without the bun...

i dont know if i can do it...

My girlfriend who is gluten free used to do it all the time whenever we went to get fast food. Never thought of getting lettuce on the top and bottom though, LOL, she always used to just get the meat/cheese/toppings in the take out box lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom