• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matugi

Did a chest/leg/lat combo today for make up for not working out yesterday then finished off with a short HIIT session. Grabbed Chipotle afterwards and felt like a god.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Question: If bodyweight workouts don't build muscle, then what's the point of doing them? Endurance? Stamina?

Noema

Just saw this guys lengthy video on him talking about the plethora of drugs for him to achieve his physique over 12 weeks. Really puts things into perspective.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWvu-yE1TwU

I was talking to one of the trainers at my gym yesterday, who used to be a competitive bodybuilder and who competed at the Mr. Mexico contest several times back in the day (about 8-10 years ago). He was telling me about all the Steroids and other assorted drugs he had to take; I hadn't even heard of half the stuff he was naming, and I was stupefied at how expensive it all was.

He's in his late 30's now and still has an incredibly physique, even though he's been off the stuff for a while. He was telling me that at his biggest he used to be like 230lb at like 5'5" and couldn't find clothes to wear.

rando14

I was talking to one of the trainers at my gym yesterday, who used to be a competitive bodybuilder and who competed at the Mr. Mexico contest several times back in the day (about 8-10 years ago). He was telling me about all the Steroids and other assorted drugs he had to take; I hadn't even heard of half the stuff he was naming, and I was stupefied at how expensive it all was.

He's in his late 30's now and still has an incredibly physique, even though he's been off the stuff for a while. He was telling me that at his biggest he used to be like 230lb at like 5'5" and couldn't find clothes to wear.

were by chance speaking with this man

XlrhisA.jpg

:p

Imm0rt4l

What the fuck, synthol, test and roids?

13 different kinds of drugs and synthol over 12 weeks. He seems really knowledgable for a guy his age, I give him props for keeping it 100. I can only imagine what an ifbb pros regimine looks like.

That is huge for that height, it would suck having to get everything custom made.

Noema

13 different kinds of drugs and synthol over 12 weeks. He seems really knowledgable for a guy his age, I give him props for keeping it 100. I can only imagine what an ifbb pros regimine looks like.

That is huge for that height, it would suck having to get everything custom made.

were by chance speaking with this man

XlrhisA.jpg

:p

Heh, I hadn't made the Franco connection, though I guess they sort of had similar physiques. I'm guessing 230lb wasn't his contest shape since Franco was hyouge at >200lb at the same height. He told me that at certain stages of his cycle he'd get quite bloated so that's probably when he got to 230lb.

Ugh. Just a really, really bad day at the gym. I swear, it is always with deadlifts too. Poor grip led to me not getting nearly as many reps as I could. I need straps asap. Feeling fat as well. More so than usual.

Frustrating day.

Imm0rt4l

Ugh. Just a really, really bad day at the gym. I swear, it is always with deadlifts too. Poor grip led to me not getting nearly as many reps as I could. I need straps asap. Feeling fat as well. More so than usual.

Frustrating day.

Does your gym allow chalk? Cuz I'd suggest you use that, it works great. Personally I don't like the feel of straps especially for working sets, but it works for other people.

Mik2121

Do you guys ever swim? I'm doing normal weightlifting on Monday , Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (gym is closed on Tuesdays).

Yesterday (Saturday here) I did 1.5km of swimming and it felt great, and I was thinking about adding it to my schedule so I'm not just weightlifting, and I can also tone my body a bit. Do you guys think it's OK to do it? I don't plan on getting HUGE either.

abuC

Man, I'm too damn cheap for all that, 13 different drugs and he's not even making a lot of money from it. IFBB pros are probably on some roids horses are supposed to take if he's doing all that, can't believe guys like Kai Greene, Coleman or Cutler have the nerve to say they are natural.

Imm0rt4l

Man, I'm too damn cheap for all that, 13 different drugs and he's not even making a lot of money from it. IFBB pros are probably on some roids horses are supposed to take if he's doing all that, can't believe guys like Kai Greene, Coleman or Cutler have the nerve to say they are natural.

yea, he's on horse steroids. He mentioned how stiff injectable winstrol made him. I'd be interested to know how much all this shit costed him for the 12 weeks. Those guys either think we are stupid, or those supplement companies and food sponsors they have rely on them to claim natural.

Also his father was on the sauce as well during the 80's. Might explain his knowledge and eagerness at such a young age.

DominoKid

the mental image i have of this is absolutely hilarious. i cant imagine someone my height, weighing 100 more pounds of straight muscle. wtf is your range of motion like at that point?

still battling this ear infection. almost passed out last night but got the OK that it's non contagious so I decided to peel myself into the gym for chest day this morning

set a bench PR.

love it.

Meant to say get better soon to your other post but forgot so get better soon lol.

can't believe guys like Kai Greene, Coleman or Cutler have the nerve to say they are natural.

haha what a joke.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Any thoughts on almond milk as a substitute for regular 1% or skim milk?

Thinking about making the switch for a little while to cut down on calories.

I bought a carton of unsweetened almond milk once, it was hard to get through.
Good idea nutritionally but.

My squats have gone to shit lately. The other week I had a popping feeling (not sound) on the outer side of my right knee when going down, really uncomfortable. Now the same thing is happening with my left knee instead lol. :/

My stance is a tiny bit wider than shoulder-width, toes pointing about 30-40 degrees out and my knees are tracking my feet pretty damn well, not caving in. So damn frustrating, if it's still there tomorrow I'm just gonna go for it anyway.

Chittagong

Gold Member
What kind of programming should I use for assisted chin ups and dips? Do the same warm up / work set buildup logic and reps as in SS apply?

Great work Chittagong, you look like a completely different person.

Thanks man! I feel like I have done a full reset of my identity and values. The inspiration I have seen here from people like yourself helped make me change.

Fucking A!!! Amazing job bro! Hot damn at that timeline, too. Grats!

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunday gym day was brutal. Exhausted, and baaaarely managed to finish bench after hitting that new PR the other day. I feel weak but know I'm not. Onwards...

harSon

Banned
Think I'm going to purchase some weights today off craigslist. Somebody is selling a flat/decline/incline adjustable bench, a barbell + curl bar and 300 pounds in weight for $180, and everything looks to be in decent condition. Was thinking of building a DIY squat rack too.

Kyaw

Sunday gym day was brutal. Exhausted, and baaaarely managed to finish bench after hitting that new PR the other day. I feel weak but know I'm not. Onwards...

You're gonna have those kinda days. It's normal man, just eat and rest and you'll be back.

Noema

Christ, I don't know how you guys can lift on Sunday. :p

What kind of programming should I use for assisted chin ups and dips? Do the same warm up / work set buildup logic and reps as in SS?

That's sort of what I did when I started out since I couldn't do regular chins. I'd do them 3 times a week after my main lifts, 3 sets of 8. Every week I'd take 5kg off the counter weight. However, I'd also recommend that you start with negatives on the pull-ups bar, since the assisted chin-up machine isn't quite exactly like real chin-ups because the machine is partially stabilizing your weight. When I finally switched to real chin-ups from the assisted machine it was striking how difficult it felt to keep my balance. I was swinging like a pendulum and it took a while for my abs to develop and for my CNS to learn the skills so that wouldn't happen.

2 sets into my BBB squats and resting. Jesus I really underestimated this. I've never sweat so much in my life.

BBB squats are fucking murder.

Guys my OHP form is terrible I think. I don't have any mirrors but it feels like I'm arching my back when I lift. Any pointers?

What do you mean by "arching"? As in, your back is curving? Are you losing lumbar extension?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyone knows where I can get Optimum Natural Whey, 5lbs, for cheap? Costs me 73$ with shipping and taxes in Canada (59$ before shipping):(

Matugi

I'm in the middle of my cut and I'm having the damnedest time getting these last 7lbs off. Sweets are far too enticing. Really gotta start focusing. What are some low calories snacks that still taste good that I can turn to?

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm in the middle of my cut and I'm having the damnedest time getting these last 7lbs off. Sweets are far too enticing. Really gotta start focusing. What are some low calories snacks that still taste good that I can turn to?

Total 0% Greek Yogurt with Stevia and Cinnamon mixed in. 96kcal, 18g protein, 7g carbs - plus tastes godlike and is really filling.

Am I being wierd if I'd say I feel strangely lighter in the mornings? Seriously its like I wake up and feeling as if I've lost weight overnight.

Or is this a normal metabolism rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom