• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

I mean, when we're talking about the weight of a meat we're talking about what it is pre-cooked, so that's what Rock is talking about on his list. And most chicken breast pieces are 6-8 oz.

But yea

That's why he only eats 3 pieces of meat a day which translates to a pound and a half of chicken which is easy to do so long as its not overcooked drek. Wet, slightly undercooked chicken with good seasoning? You'd be surprised how quickly it goes down.

But yea, mix up your meats if you have want to have any hope of staying on a diet.

I mean, Rock is full of shit and is probably on roids but I think I'm going to bulk again after reading this. Mostly because I can't stand cutting though.

Probably? lol

Oh yeah that much total meat is easy. Fish is easy to eat a large amount of. For some reason without reading it I thought it was all chicken.

velociraptor

Is there any hybrid strength/size routine that any of you know off? As someone who is quite light weight (I weigh 146lbs according to WiiFit...), I'm finding it difficult to balance both goals in mind. I swear to God, gaining (quality) weight is hard as hell. :\

Van Owen

Banned
Rock is in his 40s so he probably gets some legal test or something.

He posted his chest workout on instagram today. Dude is still inspirational as fuck and seems like a genuinely nice guy and I love following him on Twitter roids or no roids.

Petrie

Banned
Is there any hybrid strength/size routine that any of you know off? As someone who is quite light weight (I weigh 146lbs according to WiiFit...), I'm finding it difficult to balance both goals in mind. I swear to God, gaining (quality) weight is hard as hell. :\

At that weight, you'll gain plenty of size with a strength routine. EAT MORE.

Hmmm, I always weigh my chicken and such after cooking. That's probably mucking up my numbers, but whatever. Close enough.

ToxicAdam

You have to eat like it's your job.

blackflag

He posted his chest workout on instagram today. Dude is still inspirational as fuck and seems like a genuinely nice guy and I love following him on Twitter roids or no roids.

Yes he is assuredly on script test and GH that stuff is easy to get a script for. He's also on a ton of other compounds. I'm not against it and it doesn't bother me. I just think that people should know what they are looking at lest they get unobtainable goals in their mind.

blackflag

Hmmm, I always weigh my chicken and such after cooking. That's probably mucking up my numbers, but whatever. Close enough.

It's actually not even close so if you are cutting, make sure you weigh it first. It will differ by several ounces not just a little bit.

If you are bulking then whatevs, it's just more quality food.

SeanR1221

Yeah same. Looks like I've been getting more
Than I thought.

Oh god, please post the routine

Yes he is assuredly on script test and GH that stuff is easy to get a script for. He's also on a ton of other compounds. I'm not against it and it doesn't bother me. I just think that people should know what they are looking at lest they get unobtainable goals in their mind.

Agreed, I don't have an issue with it.

SeanR1221

Do we follow the same person?

Last post from @official_dwayne_johnson was 5 days ago.

Petrie

Banned
It's actually not even close so if you are cutting, make sure you weigh it first. It will differ by several ounces not just a little bit.

If you are bulking then whatevs, it's just more quality food.

Yeah, but even on a cut I just don't worry about 100 extra calories of plain chicken. That won't make or break me.

I'll just find some measured cooked in MFP.

I don't ever measure my food. Feels like too much work. It all adds up in the end though.

4 lbs of chicken over 4 days still adds up to a 1 lb a day.

So I added up what the Rock is eating on his Hercules diet.

It's a little over 4000 calories a day. Decided to do a quick check on what a guy Rocks age, size, and height is and they suggest that much, so he's going by the book there.

So what life tells me is if I just go by the math I will look like the Rock soon enough.

:(

blackflag

It's a little over 4000 calories a day. Decided to do a quick check on what a guy Rocks age, size, and height is and they suggest that much, so he's going by the book there.

So what life tells me is if I just go by the math I will look like the Rock soon enough.

Yeah it's actually not crazy. I eat between 3,500-4000 cals when I'm bulking.

Van Owen

Banned

Rock told Hugh Jackman to eat around 6,000 calories a day for six months when he was bulking for Wolverine.

Jack_AG

Banned
Today was one of those days that made me quit lifting/exercising years ago. My glucose was just all over the place, it was hot and humid out, I was running on E all day after last nights Hawks game, no matter what I did I could not get my glucose under control. Insulin, oral meds, food, nothing.

Wanted to quit all over again because these days come more often than I would like with a pancreas that only *kinda-sorta-maybe-works-partially... allegedly* - any day my glucose can shoot up and I need to be prepared to change types of insulin, meds, carbs, etc.

I pushed through that shit with chest day. Fuck it all. Fuck diabetes. Rocked my chest hard and hit the treadmill after to burn those numbers down. I was raging the whole time. Felt good. Back under 190 mg/dl right now and slowly regaining control.

I hate these days but now I will use them to fuel my fucking RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE and push through. I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow but it felt good today.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wanted to quit all over again because these days come more often than I would like with a pancreas that only *kinda-sorta-maybe-works-partially... allegedly* - any day my glucose can shoot up and I need to be prepared to change types of insulin, meds, carbs, etc.

I pushed through that shit with chest day. Fuck it all. Fuck diabetes. Rocked my chest hard and hit the treadmill after to burn those numbers down. I was raging the whole time. Felt good. Back under 190 mg/dl right now and slowly regaining control.

I hate these days but now I will use them to fuel my fucking RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE and push through. I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow but it felt good today.

So much respect for you bro. I was feeling sorry for myself today for a moment because my DVT seems to be acting up again. Seeing other people with much bigger challenges just push through and keep lifting gives me incredible motivation.

sphinx

the piano man
Damn!! guys, we were wrong all this time, all those sit ups and hanging leg raises and lifts, pure lies!!

At last, the secret for a six-pack has been revealed.

IMG-20130625-WA0000_zpsec9c86ea.jpg

Matugi

Did HIIT on my bike today. 5 minute warm up, then biked at around 25 mph for 30 seconds and 10mph for 90 seconds. Did this for 6 miles which was around 12 total sets. I'm feeling it big time today.

ZaCH3000

Started squatting for the first time yesterday in about 5 years. Felt like a beast. Although, I wasn't putting up heavy weight. Still, six months of squats and I'll be a monster again.

Do any of you come up with your own routine or do you follow a specific one?

My routine is completely my own at this point. I think we all start off following a myriad of different principles and set lists but as you figure out what your body responds best to you eventually end up with something custom to yourself.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
My routine is completely my own at this point. I think we all start off following a myriad of different principles and set lists but as you figure out what your body responds best to you eventually end up with something custom to yourself.

Said it better than I could.

Jack_AG

Banned
So much respect for you bro. I was feeling sorry for myself today for a moment because my DVT seems to be acting up again. Seeing other people with much bigger challenges just push through and keep lifting gives me incredible motivation.

Thanks bro. DVT is nothing to shake a stick at, man. Clots can really do permanent damage if not keeping a watchful eye. Be careful and keep with getting the swole up. Don't let anything stand in your way!

agrajag

Banned
I have lots of DOMS lately, specially Legs, that squat - leg extension combo is brutal. Back and chest too.

not so much in calves and arms.

Calves is where I get my biggest DOMS. Calf presses on the leg press machine always do a number on my calves.

Matugi

Do any of you come up with your own routine or do you follow a specific one?

Right now I have a trainer but I'm working to get my certification. I only work with the trainer two days a week, and I've been lifting long enough to know how to compose my other two lifting days.

EDIT: I'm almost done my cut and when I'm done I would have lost nearly 20 pounds, but I still don't have visible abs. Is part of this because I don't have the muscle mass to show abs at this point? I have a lot of visible muscle mass elsewhere but I would think nearly 20 pounds would have gotten me different results.

abuC

Calves is where I get my biggest DOMS. Calf presses on the leg press machine always do a number on my calves.

My calves feel nothing no matter what I do, if they could talk this is the email they'd send.

Dear abuC

Is that all you got for us? was that a warm up or a workout, pussy!

Signed
Your calves.

SeanR1221

Yup. Perfect example is me not responding well at all to BBB. You have to try and discover things on your own sometimes.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Mission failed. 28 pullups. Long way to go. Got 32 last week so this is extra disappointing.

I did squat 365x5 however. Satisfied with that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
adios beginner gains, it's cutting time. It was a valiant PR workout bonanza though so I'm off on a good note.

Hello keto, hello sapped strength for a while.

Obscured

Greetings FitnessGAF, I've posted elsewhere on gaf for a while now and have followed this thread for a bit, but first time here.

I'm actually pretty happy with where I am strength/fitness-wise, but would like to improve my body fat percentage (don't really know what it is, but know it is higher than I'd like). Really just want to get to that fit but not ripped look (thinking mostly diet is what I need to focus on). Of course a bit more strength is never a bad thing. Right now I'm into primarily body-weight exercises, some TRX and kettlebells. Also recently joined a volleyball league after a 15-ish year hiatus (Rec/Beer level, but I play it like I mean it and I feel it the next day).

So, any good kettlebell routines or suggestions? Jump training?

Also, and this will sound like a ridiculous question, but any tips on what to do with medium length hair during a workout? Maybe this would be better asked in the hair thread, but I've got wavy hair that goes full on perm action once I start sweating and moving. It's not long enough to pull it back in a ponytail, but I'd like to figure out some way to keep it contained so I don't look quite so insane after finishing a workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom