• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Man, my new gym is so messy. Everything was clean and organized at my college gym, but here all the weights are spread around the floor. I have to look around the weight room floor so I can find matching plates. Also nobody re-racks weights. So I frequently encounter barbells that are no longer being used that's full of 45 lb plates. I blame the gym though. There aren't really any good spots to rack the weights. I think I found one in some corner of the gym that was a little mini rack with only a little 15 lb plate on it. Very strange new place.

Why then are you going to a different gym?

Jack_AG

Banned
Well I'm taking the week off. Going to see my doc and get on a new type of insulin since the past week I couldn't get anything under control. I feel completely wrecked from running hot.

_Isaac

Why then are you going to a different gym?

Why am I going to a different gym? I graduated college a year or so ago, so my time at that college gym has come to an end. I had to find a new gym.

Why am I not going to a different gym? From the ones I've tried they're usually too full I never get a shot to use the power or squat racks even though I go at six in the morning. Other gyms are just too far away. This dirty gym is unorganized, but so far I've had better luck actually getting a chance to use the equipment

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm taking the week off. Going to see my doc and get on a new type of insulin since the past week I couldn't get anything under control. I feel completely wrecked from running hot.

Best of luck brah.

abuC

Petrie I'm not on your level yet but.....

2013-06-30182525_zps0b66eef1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqehiZbBgkM

cryptic

How do guys squat so much, Pete Rubish style, wtf.
I can barely hit 245 ATG, would it be good to move from reverse pyramid training to something else?

EDIT: Actually looking at his traps and chests, he's on some type of roids. I feel like I'm being limited somehow even without them, though, have to figure this out.

Nah, my GNC has some cute women working there, plus I could never make a bar as tasty as them quests.

Damn you Petrie, you and your Pablo Escobar like vice grip on the quest bar market.
Heh, to each his own I guess.

I think I'm gonna unsub from this thread.

Darren870

So tell me if I got this right, but if I can find where to buy a power cage, I can get 1 barbell set to go with it, and I could do all the main exercises with it? Squats, benching, lifts?
It sounds very efficient but it also means there would be only one machine, and I don't wanna have to wait when someone else's using it.
So I'm thinking maybe I should try to find a power cage like you said, for almost everything, and also have an extra squat rack and bench rack so that we can have more than 1 person training at a time.

Would something like this work?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004PXRWKY/

This one looks a bit better actually:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00AIET90K/

Yea pretty much. That is why I suggested another bench with a dumbbell set so you can still bench with dumbbells. Then one more olympic bar so you can deadlift if someone is squatting or benching. Also if you get the cage you don't need that dip/pullup bar thing.

If you do what you said then you're just getting racks/holders, but those things don't move easily....

I don't really know the space. You said it but I'm horrible at picturing things. I would suggest you draw things out in paint or something. Just so you know how packed its going to be.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have a basic question of losing fat. I have very consistently burned through fat from +30% to around 18-19%. Not a crash diet but a planned and controlled burn while maintaining muscle.

Now I have ostensibly some 5-7% left to reach my ultimate goal, which is around 12%, similar to The Int3rsect above.

Should I expect this last bit to ripped behave differently i.e. be significantly more resistant to burn, require new macros or activity levels etc.? Or will it be a similarly linear burn?

Carbonox

That guy's hair in the 5th picture. :lol Fantastic.

My football season starts back up this weekend so that will add some nice cardio to my schedule again.

sphinx

the piano man
I need help and suggestion regarding bulking... I have stalled at 68.5 kgs for a couple of weeks so I am clearly not eating enough or not eating the right things, don't know what to change.

it changes every day but let's take this menu for example:

for breakfast I have 3 boiled eggs, protein bread with butter or mayo with turkey ham and Tomatoes on top.

for lunch I have, 2 good sized grilled chicken breast or 4 smaller Beef steaks with 2 slices of cheese on top, and two sides: either Rice, Spaghetti, Potatoes or Veggies and I don't hestitate to eat all I can of all this stuff, I actually try!

I eat Bananas, apples and/or candy bars like a snicker as snacks between meals.

for dinner I eat eggs again with sausage or bacon, either that or tuna with mayo and tomato.

I take 2 whey protein shakes a day, I should be getting around 50- 53 gr. from the shakes. Together with the food, I should be easily reaching my goal of 150 grs. (and a bit beyond that) per day so protein is taken care of.

I am 5'4 and weight 151.01 right now, if that info helps.

any suggestions?

Darren870

I have a basic question of losing fat. I have very consistently burned through fat from +30% to around 18-19%. Not a crash diet but a planned and controlled burn while maintaining muscle.

Now I have ostensibly some 5-7% left to reach my ultimate goal, which is around 12%, similar to The Int3rsect above.

Should I expect this last bit to ripped behave differently i.e. be significantly more resistant to burn, require new macros or activity levels etc.? Or will it be a similarly linear burn?

If you are anything like me then no. The last few % is stubborn and wont see the same rate of burn that you have seen. The last few is really more about the diet then the exercise. It could take almost double the amount of time to loose that last few.

Plus your going to have to cut out the booze almost completely. Probably the hardest part for me.

That's just me though. As much as I'd like to be 10-12% I'm content at 14% (i think?). I don't want to give up the nice food and the other things I do while I am living in London.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Plus your going to have to cut out the booze almost completely. Probably the hardest part for me.

That's just me though. As much as I'd like to be 10-12% I'm content at 14% (i think?). I don't want to give up the nice food and the other things I do while I am living in London.

Thanks - so I will double the time and have even stronger discipline.

Booze used to be really hard for me in London, it's such an ingrained social element here.

Recently I have been fairly successful in drinking and enjoying no/very low carb drinks like dry white wine, vodka soda, G&T slimline, hard liqueur. No more than 3-4 drinks on one night and no more than two nights a week. A pint of beer or max two allowed on carb nite. Maybe I will need to drop these too.

Food wise going ULC has been a real eye opener in London, I have found most ghetto cafes do superb omelettes for £4, I have no business to Pret anymore. And for high end eating there are places like Gaucho and Tramshed.

Darren870

Thanks - so I will double the time and have even stronger discipline.

Booze used to be really hard for me in London, it's such an ingrained social element here.

Recently I have been fairly successful in drinking and enjoying no/very low carb drinks like dry white wine, vodka soda, G&T slimline, hard liqueur. No more than 3-4 drinks on one night and no more than two nights a week. A pint of beer or max two allowed on carb nite. Maybe I will need to drop these too.

Food wise going ULC has been a real eye opener in London, I have found most ghetto cafes do superb omelettes for £4, I have no business to Pret anymore. And for high end eating there are places like Gaucho and Tramshed.

Yea booze is the hardest part in this city. I never used to drink this much before I moved to London! Then again I am also thinner now but that's probably due the fact I am not eating all that american food anymore :p.

ULC is pretty easy anywhere I guess. Its just getting used to it when eating out. Pass on the chips and ask for a salad with a steak etc.

I do like those crayfish and avocado salads from Pret though. High in fat and protein and no real carbs at all. I also like my tasting menus though, which is very high in calories.

In the end if depends on your goals and what you want really. For me I'm not going to give up drinking and the social elements that follow in this city just to have a visible six pack. However, I'm also not going to get smashed like I used too. This way I can still go work out the next day (well maybe once a month I do go a bit crazy...). I'll still kill it in the gym and enjoy my time out with friends and eat things I might never get a chance to again.

Petrie

Banned
You guys really need to make your own protein bars, lol.

I do make my own, but I can't make a bar that tastes anywhere near as good yet is as low in carbs and packs as much fiber. The carbs are especially important as a diabetic.

Nah, my GNC has some cute women working there, plus I could never make a bar as tasty as them quests.

Damn you Petrie, you and your Pablo Escobar like vice grip on the quest bar market.

Hey now, I bring dem coupons to the masses!

This seems like a weird reaction.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I need help and suggestion regarding bulking... I have stalled at 68.5 kgs for a couple of weeks so I am clearly not eating enough or not eating the right things, don't know what to change.

it changes every day but let's take this menu for example:

for breakfast I have 3 boiled eggs, protein bread with butter or mayo with turkey ham and Tomatoes on top.

for lunch I have, 2 good sized grilled chicken breast or 4 smaller Beef steaks with 2 slices of cheese on top, and two sides: either Rice, Spaghetti, Potatoes or Veggies and I don't hestitate to eat all I can of all this stuff, I actually try!

I eat Bananas, apples and/or candy bars like a snicker as snacks between meals.

for dinner I eat eggs again with sausage or bacon, either that or tuna with mayo and tomato.

I take 2 whey protein shakes a day, I should be getting around 50- 53 gr. from the shakes. Together with the food, I should be easily reaching my goal of 150 grs. (and a bit beyond that) per day so protein is taken care of.

I am 5'4 and weight 151.01 right now, if that info helps.

any suggestions?

Eat a little more? It's the easiest thing to do and if you're happy with all the other parts of your diet it's the most sensible. You don't need to radically change up something that's working. Add an extra egg when you have eggs, bigger serves at meals, more powder/milk in shakes etc... The heavier you are, the more you need to eat to put on weight.

sphinx

the piano man
Eat a little more? It's the easiest thing to do and if you're happy with all the other parts of your diet it's the most sensible. You don't need to radically change up something that's working. Add an extra egg when you have eggs, bigger serves at meals, more powder/milk in shakes etc... The heavier you are, the more you need to eat to put on weight.

yeah, I thought so too... I could eat more but I think I have a psychological barrier to break here first...

I mean, I want to see the number "70.0 kgs" when I stand on the scale... but eating too much means I will invariably feel bloated all the time and will look fat instead of fit/atheltic when I look at the mirror....but I want to have one of those big strong bodies. Pretty sure I don't want to look slim like a fashion model, it's not my goal, I know I deifnitely want to grow on size.

For reference, Cooter's last pic from some pages back is the kind of body I'd like to attain over the years. I gotta eat good for that, right?

Chittagong

Gold Member
In the end if depends on your goals and what you want really. For me I'm not going to give up drinking and the social elements that follow in this city just to have a visible six pack. However, I'm also not going to get smashed like I used too. This way I can still go work out the next day (well maybe once a month I do go a bit crazy...). I'll still kill it in the gym and enjoy my time out with friends and eat things I might never get a chance to again.

that's pretty much where my mind is - I need to be able to live a little too, otherwise this can't be a sustainable lifestyle. Good tip about the Pret avocado and crab salad btw, cheers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

:/ Why?

I really appreciate your presence here and less of you would be a real bummer. You're inspirational to a lot of us here. :(

DR2K

Banned
1 hour at max resistance on an elliptical ifs the most brutal thing for legs I've done yet. Shit was sore for a full week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
he didn't mean it..... right??

:-(

Hope not.

WUFEI LISTEN UP

A lot of us depend on you and rely on you to give us that bump you don't realize you're giving us. We need you now, more than ever!

Tell me how you make protein bars. I'm looking to cut some costs, really.

Petrie

Banned
I will boycott all store bought bars if that's what it takes to keep Wufei around!

I'm so confused how Quest offends him so!

Seriously though, for me the issue is every "homemade" recipe I see involved oatmeal or some other high carb items, and as a type 1 diabetic I cut carbs wherever I can. If there are some low-carb homemade options available, post them!

SeanR1221

Going food shopping today, what are your favorite cutting foods?

I keep it simple. Lean meat, seafood, eggs, whey, dark green veggies, unsweetened almond milk. Some example meals...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, a cup of shrimp

Lunch: two cans tuna with a little bit of mayo mixed with spinach

Dinner: chicken breast/salmon with broccoli or green beans

Snack: quest bar

Post workout: whey, almond milk, instant coffee blended together.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The simpler the better. I'm going back to keto so that meanssssss:

Deli meat and cheese
Eggs on eggs on eggs on eggs
Fage yogurt, unflavored
Coke Zero
Frozen skinless chicken breast
Meat patties

I lead a simple life.

EDIT: And then I look in the ice cream sandwich thread like an idiot and my stomach cries out. No, stomach! You're still adjusting to keto!

ACE 1991

I keep it simple. Lean meat, seafood, eggs, whey, dark green veggies, unsweetened almond milk. Some example meals...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, a cup of shrimp

Lunch: two cans tuna with a little bit of mayo mixed with spinach

Dinner: chicken breast/salmon with broccoli or green beans

Snack: quest bar

Post workout: whey, almond milk, instant coffee blended together.

Thanks!

Petrie

Banned

Average day for me:

Meal 1: cup egg whites, 6 pieces of turkey sausage, protein bread with PB2

Meal 2: grilled chicken breast with broccoli and white rice

Snack: Quest bar, cup plain greek yogurt

Meal 3: tilapia with a plain baked potato

My diet is pretty boring, outside of cheat days this is most of the foods I eat.

Ate clean as hell Monday - Saturday Night. Didn't drink either

Sunday ate like shit

- Proats
- Pancakes (no syrup)
- Scooped 1/2 wheat bagel with smoked salmon. Other 1/2 with almond butter
- 4 Handfulls of Mike & Ikes
- 1/2 Lamb Gyro wrap
- 1/2 veggie hummas wrap
- Big 100 Protein bar
- Protein Plus bar
- Scoop of natural peanut butter

Had dat Monday morning pump in the gym. Strength went up and veiny as hell still. Besides feeling like crap from eating all that, I felt god tier at the gym today.

I've been slacking off lately. Since losing more than 50 pounds the last 15 - 18 months, I can't focus any more. I've been eating garbage and working out like 2-3 days a week.

This is me from a month ago.

8758282959_68e5b5c307.jpg

8758283101_7afdbe89ff.jpg

I'm 6'3 - 6'4 and weigh around 245 right now. I was 250+ couple of months ago but my daily activities are helping me still lose weight. I walk around 1-2 miles everyday for my day to day activities.

I like doing weights. I hate long hours of cardio, 10-20 minutes of high intensity is fine. I prefer to use the eliptical or bicycle rather than running on the treadmill.

Give me a routine to lose body fat and weight. For now, I definitely want to get in under 220lbs(100Kgs). I did gain quite some muscle the last few months, I can see the changes in my body. Whatever I did, it does seem to work but I want to switch up the routine this time and fasten my weight loss process.

So GAF, what do I do?

P.S. I know it isn't going to be an easy road but damn I want to get rid of that belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom