• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Darth had to be messing with us. I don't see how he could possibly be distressed about that post.

Chest/bis tonight! Shooting for 315x4...

The simpler the better. I'm going back to keto so that meanssssss:

Deli meat and cheese
Eggs on eggs on eggs on eggs
Fage yogurt, unflavored
Coke Zero
Frozen skinless chicken breast
Meat patties

I lead a simple life.

EDIT: And then I look in the ice cream sandwich thread like an idiot and my stomach cries out. No, stomach! You're still adjusting to keto!

what fage yogurt are you guys eating? Every plain yogurt I look at has like 8-9 sugars which is not a lot but sure adds up if you're doing keto or some other lo carb.

also could someone please reports the GNC coupon. It looks like the one here finally started offering the member price for boxes of quest bars!! Picking up some more cookie dough after work today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
what fage yogurt are you guys eating? Every plain yogurt I look at has like 8-9 sugars which is not a lot but sure adds up if you're doing keto or some other lo carb.

also could someone please reports the GNC coupon. It looks like the one here finally started offering the member price for boxes of quest bars!! Picking up some more cookie dough after work today.

The one I have is 8g. It's literally the only sugar I get all day.

July - http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20799.pdf
August - http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20800.pdf

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
thank you all :)

and Sunflower yeah those incidental carbs from stuff (veggies, nuts) just add up so fast for me though!

It's true, they do. I eat very little veggies. I can afford some when I keep it to <25g carbs. But not a lot.

Discipline rules the day. :(

Ate clean as hell Monday - Saturday Night. Didn't drink either

Sunday ate like shit

- Proats
- Pancakes (no syrup)
- Scooped 1/2 wheat bagel with smoked salmon. Other 1/2 with almond butter
- 4 Handfulls of Mike & Ikes
- 1/2 Lamb Gyro wrap
- 1/2 veggie hummas wrap
- Big 100 Protein bar
- Protein Plus bar
- Scoop of natural peanut butter

Had dat Monday morning pump in the gym. Strength went up and veiny as hell still. Besides feeling like crap from eating all that, I felt god tier at the gym today.

I feel you bro. Had a ton to eat on Saturday. Taco Bell, Greek, BBQ, etc. That being said, Sunday comes around and I am looking lean and jacked. Body makes no sense lol.

I've been slacking off lately. Since losing more than 50 pounds the last 15 - 18 months, I can't focus any more. I've been eating garbage and working out like 2-3 days a week.

This is me from a month ago.

8758282959_68e5b5c307.jpg

8758283101_7afdbe89ff.jpg

I'm 6'3 - 6'4 and weigh around 245 right now. I was 250+ couple of months ago but my daily activities are helping me still lose weight. I walk around 1-2 miles everyday for my day to day activities.

I like doing weights. I hate long hours of cardio, 10-20 minutes of high intensity is fine. I prefer to use the eliptical or bicycle rather than running on the treadmill.

Give me a routine to lose body fat and weight. For now, I definitely want to get in under 220lbs(100Kgs). I did gain quite some muscle the last few months, I can see the changes in my body. Whatever I did, it does seem to work but I want to switch up the routine this time and fasten my weight loss process.

So GAF, what do I do?

P.S. I know it isn't going to be an easy road but damn I want to get rid of that belly.

Read up on the OP and pick a routine from there. Diet will be key though. What does an average day consist of? How many calories are you consuming?

Petrie

Banned
I feel you bro. Had a ton to eat on Saturday. Taco Bell, Greek, BBQ, etc. That being said, Sunday comes around and I am looking lean and jacked. Body makes no sense lol.

Saturday I ate a pizza and a half from little caesars along with 2 bags of crazy bread and some cheese bread. also a couple quest bars.

I'm 5lbs heavier still, dat water weight from 800g or so of carbs!

Cooter

It makes sense. You can literally eat whatever you want for one day and it won't affect you much if any. It's the back to back days or the 3 in a row days that impacts you. Of course, this only applies to guys like us who lift heavy and have nutritional discipline 90% of the time.

For reference, my day yesterday:

Tons of sushi
Huge bucket of kettle corn
Bag of m&ms and choc covered peanuts
Huge cherry coke
10ish rolos
Flank steak and blue cheese
Choc milk
6 quest bars

SeanR1221

My man Petrie helped me tweak my program so I don't tweak my back. OHP day went great. Oh and standing DB press? Jesus it's a lot harder than you think.

Petrie

Banned
My man Petrie helped me tweak my program so I don't tweak my back. OHP day went great. Oh and standing DB press? Jesus it's a lot harder than you think.

Makes a big difference when your core has to be involved. I keep them light and go nice and slow, form feels key to me on these. Glad to help, always got your back bro!

Petrie

Banned
One simple thing you can do is stand more and sit less. Be it at work or at home, if there is no reason for you to be sitting down, don't do it.

My g/f always makes fun of me because I'm always moving, even if I'm sitting playing games I do so on a medicine ball and am always moving around, but I know it's one of the reasons I stay as "fit" as I do. I'm never still.

Mr.City

sweetvar26: I would really reread the parts in the OP about diet breaks and free meals. It sounds like you're hitting a burnout period with your diet.

ToxicAdam

My g/f always makes fun of me because I'm always moving, even if I'm sitting playing games I do so on a medicine ball and am always moving around, but I know it's one of the reasons I stay as "fit" as I do. I'm never still.

As an observer of people, I find that older people that are "naturally skinny" (lol) are commonly this way. They have this motor that never turns off.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The simpler the better. I'm going back to keto so that meanssssss:

Deli meat and cheese
Eggs on eggs on eggs on eggs
Fage yogurt, unflavored
Coke Zero
Frozen skinless chicken breast
Meat patties

I lead a simple life.

EDIT: And then I look in the ice cream sandwich thread like an idiot and my stomach cries out. No, stomach! You're still adjusting to keto!

I'm on the Keto grind right now. I recently discovered Boars Head sells no salt added Turkey. Definitely the way to go. Tastes damn good too.

I also picked up some sugar free ice pops. Good to fight cravings. And my Fiber supplements came in today so now I'll be shitting like a champ.

Petrie

Banned
I'm on the Keto grind right now. I recently discovered Boars Head sells no salt added Turkey. Definitely the way to go. Tastes damn good too.

I also picked up some sugar free ice pops. Good to fight cravings. And my Fiber supplements came in today so now I'll be shitting like a champ.

Most sugar-free ice pops still have "carbs" that though digested slower, still count towards keto. Just be aware.

Yeah Boar's Head is totally worth it, lunch meat is one thing that is gross (imo) to go cheap on. They have a lower sodium oven gold chicken breast, and lower sodium ham also.

Matugi

I'm measuring 11.2% now. realistic?

If you're actually at 11.2%, it's not a practical 11.2% because you have very little muscle mass. Just eyeballing it I'd say you are closer to 18 or 19%. Be that as it may, the efficacy of cutting at this point would be minimal, and bulking would help to mitigate the presence of fat and make you look more aesthetic. Because body fat is measured as a percentage, if you have more muscle mass your body fat percentage would naturally drop because a larger percentage of your mass is composed of muscle.

Matugi

What are your guys' favorite tanks? I'm looking to buy some but have no idea where to begin in terms of where to buy them and what I like

Does anybody else get "bloated face" when waking up the next day from from eating like shit? For me it takes a day or 2 to go away.
This is really the worst part about eating shit, you face looks like you fell into a bees nest.

And no, I don't hate Quest bars that much. It was a late night and I think I just miss Shogun a lot. :<

PBY

Banned
Has anyone been called out for repeatedly using these coupons?

One of the GNCs in my area finally told me that they won't take them anymore. Luckily I have like 5 more around that don't seem to care.
Not yet. I use them pretty blatantly too. Like buying quest bars by the box, instead of getting like 4 boxes at once.

Yolo.

abuC

I haven't felt like working out the last few days, don't know where the magic went but it needs to come back, my workouts are suffering.

PBY

Banned
I haven't felt like working out the last few days, don't know where the magic went but it needs to come back, my workouts are suffering.
I know the feel. You need to manufacture motivation. Set shorter term goals, diet harder, watch YouTube clips.

Cooter

One of the GNCs in my area finally told me that they won't take them anymore. Luckily I have like 5 more around that don't seem to care.
Yes. I can't use them at any of the ones in my area.

Edit: on another note last week I messed my breathing up when lifting and a huge headache followed mid set.

I'm still getting random headaches when lifting now, any thoughts on what this is?

Friend of mine at work had an issue with this recently, turned out to be a sinus infection plus forcing too much blood up into his head by failing at the Valsalva maneuver, which you apparently are doing too. Oh, and don't strain your neck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wufei's back, all is right with the world. Sho's comin too. The stars and planets are aligning once again!

mkenyon

Banned
90 degrees and humid as hell.

But, topped my best 3 mile time by 13 seconds. F yeah.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else get the heaves when they totally top out their cardio? Been a thing of mine since as long as I can remember. When I sprint at the end of my run, I get it bad. Puked a little bit today. Just a little though.

sphinx

the piano man
Tanks are 90% of my attire these days

#swoleacceptance

and snap it is july. I need to make the Short Shorts OT thread

what is that about? what will happen in that thread?

atheltic men and women in shorts showing their lowerbody gains, getting ready for the summer????

579.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How I feel about Fit-GAF being positive:

iblmK5DL48n12x.gif

Thanks Strobogo, if you're out there

Been meaning to share this with you guys...I discovered the existance of this food watching some PBS food show. Bought some on Amazon, tried it out this weekend, and it was good. Not quite the same taste as normal pasta, but good nonetheless. FitnessGAF, I present to you, MUSCLE PASTA:

3MPs.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3TWR8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://ssl-account.com/www.harrypfitness.com/Shopfile/shop.htm

I ordered off Amazon as the website is straight out of 1997, but there's no denying this stuff is awesome. It's pasta infused with egg and pea protein. THIRTY GRAMS.

Now don't you dare betray me by buying all of it up.

Petrie

Banned
This is really the worst part about eating shit, you face looks like you fell into a bees nest.

And no, I don't hate Quest bars that much. It was a late night and I think I just miss Shogun a lot. :<

He's coming back in August :)

Is he? Didn't he say he wouldn't be back?

Regardless, keeping up with guys like Shogun and Sean outside the thread is one of the only good things about Facebook.

No issues year. Guy at mine seems to encourage it.

I'm also the type of guy who'd complain to higher-ups if they did, as that goes against policy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Been meaning to share this with you guys...I discovered the existance of this food watching some PBS food show. Bought some on Amazon, tried it out this weekend, and it was good. Not quite the same taste as normal pasta, but good nonetheless. FitnessGAF, I present to you, MUSCLE PASTA:

3MPs.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3TWR8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://ssl-account.com/www.harrypfitness.com/Shopfile/shop.htm

I ordered off Amazon as the website is straight out of 1997, but there's no denying this stuff is awesome. It's pasta infused with egg and pea protein. THIRTY GRAMS.

Now don't you dare betray me by buying all of it up.

30? Sounds intriguing. I...I think I might need to pick some up, then I will be:

iblmK5DL48n12x.gif

(I'm going to be using this gif for everything happy)

Noema

iblmK5DL48n12x.gif

You should. It's an awesome GIF. :p

In other news, squats are done. I feel like a kid who just passed his final geography test or something. So relieved...

...until Wednesday when I get to squat again. Yay. -.-

30? Sounds intriguing. I...I think I might need to pick some up, then I will be:

iblmK5DL48n12x.gif

You should. And that is a great gif. Who are those guys, anyway? Is that Stan Lane on the left and Barry Windham on the right? whoever's flying by is right on the tip of my tongue but I can't connect the name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom