• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

Anyone else do static holds for their abs? I use the crunch machine at the gym, pick a weight and do 10 second holds 10 times, it feels like Julio Cesar Chavez caught me with some hooks to the body.

velociraptor

It's also an excellent calculator for cutting, or trying to bulk up in a clean fashion (with weight gained being primarily muscle over fat, though you'll still get some fat afaik).
You might not have to concern yourself with that though if your problem is gaining in general.
Strange - when I first loaded the program, it suggested that I eat 4000 calories on my training days, 2500 calories on my off days. Is that accurate?

velociraptor

Sounds about right, you would presumably need less calories on the days you are not exercising.
I might be wrong on this though.
I understand that, but it's the 4000 calories that bugged me. Seems excessive.

I refreshed the page and now it's given me 2200 workout days, 1800 off days. Appears to be too low now.

ILoveBish

Umm......What? Stop going to the gym to help this diet go along faster?? Please explain because I think this is a bad bad idea! I've had strength gains on a cut. It doesn't mean it's hindering your cut.

Sounds like he's only interested in reaching some arbitrary goal weight when he shouldn't be. I'd be thrilled if I was making strength gains on a cut. You'll just look all the better when it's over.

Very bad idea indeed.

I'm guessing you're very overweight to feel like this?
As a skinny guy it's very easy for me to say this (and hard to empathise) but I think you should definitely continue to hit the weights, push your strength gains because if you are creating more muscle, more lean body mass, you will look better once your diet is done than if you just only dieted.

I know it can be frustrating when your weightloss isn't progressing as fast as you want it to but my advice is to take it slow and keep pushing the gains because it will produce a nicer result in the end.

Yes this is exactly it. I've already lost over 50lbs and I'm about 40 or so away from my ideal weight. But the cut is going slower then I had hoped although it is still working of course. If I could speed things up just a bit, I would just to get the weight loss over with and just go even more balls out at the gym.

I understand that, but it's the 4000 calories that bugged me. Seems excessive.

I refreshed the page and now it's given me 2200 workout days, 1800 off days.

Oh, you need to double-check which preset you've selected on step three (3. Macro calculator).
They're suitable for different goals (cutting/bulking, recompositioning)

despire

Yes this is exactly it. I've already lost over 50lbs and I'm about 40 or so away from my ideal weight. But the cut is going slower then I had hoped although it is still working of course. If I could speed things up just a bit, I would just to get the weight loss over with and just go even more balls out at the gym.

Quitting the gym will only hamper your weight loss and lead to worse results when you are finally over with dieting.

I don't understand the concept that dropping something (resistance training), which is very good for weight loss and the overall results, would somehow lead to better and faster results.

Szu

OK, it's July 2nd and this will probably be my final progress shots of my cut. I'm going to continue to maintain the diet, but I'm probably going to sneak in an extra cheat meal here and there.

Especially this holiday week, my wife and I are doing a bus tour.

I don't see much change from last month, but that's just me.

5rVA37n.jpg

HbvmScD.jpg

ubLTesY.jpg

lvuJsEx.jpg

vOB18B1.jpg

OK, it's July 2nd and this will probably be my final progress shots of my cut. I'm going to continue to maintain the diet, but I'm probably going to sneak in an extra cheat meal here and there.

I don't see much change from last month, but that's just me.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5rVA37n.jpg?1[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HbvmScD.jpg?1[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ubLTesY.jpg?1[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lvuJsEx.jpg?1[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vOB18B1.jpg?1[/IMG]

looking good man, arms are still massive. How much weight have you lost since starting the cut? And how big are your arms?

--------

3 reps @ 180 lbs for OHP. I'm starting to hit my limit. Ready for vacation, that's for sure.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Also here are my current Phraks Greyskull LP numbers

Overhead press 125 lb
Squats 195 lb
Chinups (115 lb counterweight) - nothing to stand on for declines so I am doing this instead
Dips 115 lb counterweight - added this just because I'm already doing chinups

Bench press 155 lb
Yates Row 155 lb
Deadlifts 205 lb

I don't feel like i'm even close to deloading. Maybe I started too low.

Edit:
Would it be better to go with some vhandle pulldowns instead of assisted chinups?

Cudder

Canadians!

BB.com has a discount on Quest Bars, and they have the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavour! It also comes with a 2 pack of their Cravings peanut butter cups for free. It's still 40$ a box shipped to me, but if you're antsy to try the cookie dough flavour now's your chance. ;)

PBY

Banned
Canadians!

BB.com has a discount on Quest Bars, and they have the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavour! It also comes with a 2 pack of their Cravings peanut butter cups for free. It's still 40$ a box shipped to me, but if you're antsy to try the cookie dough flavour now's your chance. ;)
40?
Damn, Canada.

Satch

Banned
How tasty are quest bars? Ive tried just about every protein bar i could find at walgreens and they either taste like cardboard or make me incredibly sick. I need to find some kind of protein rich snack, but my nut allergy is limiting my options.

ILoveBish

Quitting the gym will only hamper your weight loss and lead to worse results when you are finally over with dieting.

I don't understand the concept that dropping something (resistance training), which is very good for weight loss and the overall results, would somehow lead to better and faster results.

You are right. I'll stick to the gym and keep the gains while cutting.

You look amazing man. I showed your video to my old gym partner and he was incredibly impressed. Keep it up.

Szu

Looking like a statue, szu!

Thanks, Sean. I demand sushi after all this!!

looking good man, arms are still massive. How much weight have you lost since starting the cut? And how big are your arms?

--------

3 reps @ 180 lbs for OHP. I'm starting to hit my limit. Ready for vacation, that's for sure.

Before the cut, I was around 188-190. Nowadays, my range is between 179-183. Taking into account weight fluctuations, I say I lost about 9 lbs.

As for my arms, my measurements are 16.3 when cold but flexed. When they're swole from lifting, it jumps over 17. I think they might have shrunk a bit due to the weight loss.

You look amazing man. I showed your video to my old gym partner and he was incredibly impressed. Keep it up.

Thanks, Count!!!

Petrie

Banned
How tasty are quest bars? Ive tried just about every protein bar i could find at walgreens and they either taste like cardboard or make me incredibly sick. I need to find some kind of protein rich snack, but my nut allergy is limiting my options.

You can buy Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter Supreme, PBJ, Brownie, & Cinnaroll with confidence. The texture can be strange at first due to being much more dense than typical bars, but they are delicious.

MThanded

http://www.questproteinbar.com/
You can buy Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter Supreme, PBJ, Brownie, & Cinnaroll with confidence. The texture can be strange at first due to being much more dense than typical bars, but they are delicious.

Seems like almost all of them have nuts :-/

And make sure to at least try the Cookie Dough warmed by a microwave. Holy fuck, it's like real cookie dough. Banana Nut is also a great bar.

Canadians!

$40/box - I mean they're good. They're not THAT good.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Dayumm Szu! Good for you. Quite a transformation!

EDIT: Oh, and the lack of love for apple pie quest bars is disappointing!

Nelo Ice

Banned
All this talk about quest bars and I'm out. And the worst part is my friends that worked at GNC quit so no more super hilarious discount that I only got to use once lol.

MThanded

Posting again because I'm looking for some feedback:

Overhead press 125 lb
Squats 195 lb
Chinups (115 lb counterweight) - nothing to stand on for declines so I am doing this instead

Bench press 155 lb
Yates Row 155 lb
Deadlifts 205 lb

Edit:
Would it be better to go with some vhandle pulldowns instead of assisted chinups?

ILoveBish

What do you listen to get pumped up at the gym?

I need to update my gym playlist, I'm still listening to 90s DMX.

Music wise I listen to a wide variety but at the gym its all uplifting trance music. Nothing gets me more pumped up. I can pm my Spotify playlist if you are into that type of music.

Mr.City

Posting again because I'm looking for some feedback:

Overhead press 125 lb
Squats 195 lb

Bench press 155 lb
Yates Row 155 lb
Deadlifts 205 lb

Edit:

What type of feedback are you looking for? For the bodyweight stuff, I've found that slow negatives have always been helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom