• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So fitness gaf this is the first time I've ever done anything like this, but basically I'm going to show you guys what I'm working with, and why weight loss is so big for me, and I don't think skipping cardio is a good idea for me =[.

Note all pictures were taken by myself because I hate the way I look and don't want anyone else taking pictures.

Looking at these makes me kind of sick =[

I need to lose Fat, Im already 230 some pounds (30 - 35), muscle is kind of the secondary goal at this point.

Keep in mind that I have Osteacandidas Dissecans, AND tennis elbow that's lasted 2 years, I haven't been able to take my shirt off since i was like 10

Brah it's some bold shit to do and soul-baring in a way. I just wanted to say fuckin welcome man, and we're gonna help you and you're gonna be able to do this without much issue.

From how you sound and look it sounds like you want the fat loss first. I don't know what your personality is like and that's tough - because for instance, for me, counting calories just simply psyched me out. So I tried a keto diet - high fat, high protein, low-to-no carbs. It's hell in the beginning as you get yourself off of a sugar addiction especially - and you need to treat it like an addiction. Sugar is fucking people over like crazy.

I'd recommend looking into keto and doing it. First couple days you'll drop a handful of pounds - that's just water weight. Your body adjusts. Are you vegetarian or vegan? If so it'll be a little bit tougher to do keto but it's very doable.

Check into keto and see if it's something you want to do. It's tailor made for sedentary lifestyles so if you sit in an office for 8 hours a day at work (which is where I gained all my weight!) it could be the right fit. You can lose a hell of a lot of fat by simply NOT EATING SHIT. When you get your mind around that, you'll be able to dominate the cravings and stop being a slave to food like I was.

You say you've got some tennis elbow and OD - so I'd recommend looking into keto and not going to the gym yet until you melt off some pounds, and it WILL happen if you are disciplined. Once some weight comes off you'll be surprised at how much better and easier it is to move around and you'll get antsy - and that's when it's time for you to hit Starting Strength or Greyskull.

Let me know what you think. We all want to help and while not everyone here jives with keto, it really does sound ideal for your setup.

As is always said, don't worry, you won't. Nobody ever accidentally got huge. IT requires years and years of hard work and dedication.
That I know. I'm fearful that if I start lifting I'll want to quit. Kinda just happy I found swimming as lifting in the past killed me so going to slowly ease myself into it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That I know. I'm fearful that if I start lifting I'll want to quit. Kinda just happy I found swimming as lifting in the past killed me so going to slowly ease myself into it.
Don't even let quitting be an option. Make a short-term promise to yourself that you will stick with lifting for six months. No excuses and no giving up. Re-evaluate your attitude and desire to continue after 6 months and go from there. Good luck!

crpav

Summer, when workout routines get thrown off because of every family member visiting and other life events. I can't wait until I can get back to my Monday, Wednesday and Friday routine. Monday my wife has softball so I watch our son. Tuesday is my softball night so sort of a workout. I'll try to workout tomorrow between some yard work and getting ready for family get together as well as Friday but I am a guy that likes routine and not changing.

Petrie

Banned
Don't even let quitting be an option. Make a short-term promise to yourself that you will stick with lifting for six months. No excuses and no giving up. Re-evaluate your attitude and desire to continue after 6 months and go from there. Good luck!

Yup. If you go into it with a shitty defeatist attitude, of course you won't succeed.

I think once you start lifting, you don't want to quit! It's good that you're going to be easing into it. Best people at the gym are the usual ones that go and will eventually become your friend.

There's nothing wrong with lifting for fitness, it was probably the best decision I've ever made since my injuries.

Brah it's some bold shit to do and soul-baring in a way. I just wanted to say fuckin welcome man, and we're gonna help you and you're gonna be able to do this without much issue.

From how you sound and look it sounds like you want the fat loss first. I don't know what your personality is like and that's tough - because for instance, for me, counting calories just simply psyched me out. So I tried a keto diet - high fat, high protein, low-to-no carbs. It's hell in the beginning as you get yourself off of a sugar addiction especially - and you need to treat it like an addiction. Sugar is fucking people over like crazy.

I'd recommend looking into keto and doing it. First couple days you'll drop a handful of pounds - that's just water weight. Your body adjusts. Are you vegetarian or vegan? If so it'll be a little bit tougher to do keto but it's very doable.

Check into keto and see if it's something you want to do. It's tailor made for sedentary lifestyles so if you sit in an office for 8 hours a day at work (which is where I gained all my weight!) it could be the right fit. You can lose a hell of a lot of fat by simply NOT EATING SHIT. When you get your mind around that, you'll be able to dominate the cravings and stop being a slave to food like I was.

You say you've got some tennis elbow and OD - so I'd recommend looking into keto and not going to the gym yet until you melt off some pounds, and it WILL happen if you are disciplined. Once some weight comes off you'll be surprised at how much better and easier it is to move around and you'll get antsy - and that's when it's time for you to hit Starting Strength or Greyskull.

Let me know what you think. We all want to help and while not everyone here jives with keto, it really does sound ideal for your setup.

Doh, I want to try Keto but also looks like I will have to give up fruit! =(

Edit: Sorry for double post. >.<

So fitness gaf this is the first time I've ever done anything like this, but basically I'm going to show you guys what I'm working with, and why weight loss is so big for me, and I don't think skipping cardio is a good idea for me =[.

Note all pictures were taken by myself because I hate the way I look and don't want anyone else taking pictures.

I need to lose Fat, Im already 230 some pounds (30 - 35), muscle is kind of the secondary goal at this point.

Keep in mind that I have Osteacandidas Dissecans, AND tennis elbow that's lasted 2 years, I haven't been able to take my shirt off since i was like 10

Cardio is just another way for you lose decrease the amount of calories you are consuming daily. First things first, get your diet in check and go from there. Good luck!

One month progress on my cut!

154lbs:

[.IMG]http://i.minus.com/jbpdKy2J7Dap2s.jpg[/IMG]

147lbs:

[.IMG]http://i2.minus.com/jGMwcRJXxHAgo_e.jpg[/IMG]

143lbs:

[.IMG]http://i1.minus.com/jbfdpEltShhnEg.jpg[/IMG]

Real impressive after just a month.

Before the cut, I was around 188-190. Nowadays, my range is between 179-183. Taking into account weight fluctuations, I say I lost about 9 lbs.

As for my arms, my measurements are 16.3 when cold but flexed. When they're swole from lifting, it jumps over 17. I think they might have shrunk a bit due to the weight loss.

Gotcha. Keep it up man.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/duxstar/2013-07-02_20-40-57_691_zps344d6cc8.jpg[/IG][/URL]

[URL=http://s71.photobucket.com/user/duxstar/media/2013-07-02_20-40-47_661_zps198f968c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/duxstar/2013-07-02_20-40-47_661_zps198f968c.jpg[/IM][/URL]

Keep in mind that I have Osteacandidas Dissecans, AND tennis elbow that's lasted 2 years, I haven't been able to take my shirt off since i was like 10[/QUOTE]

Talk to your doctor about what sort of strength training or other activities, if any, are appropriate for you to do with the OD. You may be limited to calisthenics or some such. That's fine though. Fat loss is going to be primarily a matter of the kitchen, with any exercise you do helping it along.

Cut all beverages with calories out of your diet (soda, juice, alcohol, etc.), kill anything like french fries or other filler starches out, up your protein, do strength training if it is safe for you to do, find your [URL="http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.php"]RMR[/URL] and aim to be in about a 500 calorie deficit each day (remember to consider the amount of physical activity you're doing; I find that it's appropriate to increase calories by maybe half of the calories burned by exercise, to keep energy levels up). Track everything vigilantly so that you can't deceive yourself. Move your body as much as you're able, whether that's cycling, elliptical, running, swimming, sports, or martial arts. You'll need to ramp up, but don't get discouraged; your body will adapt.

10 pounds per month is totally realistic and so within 6 months you'll be a different person, if you keep at it. One foot in front of the other.

PBY

Banned
Talk to your doctor about what sort of strength training or other activities, if any, are appropriate for you to do with the OD. You may be limited to calisthenics or some such. That's fine though. Fat loss is going to be primarily a matter of the kitchen, with any exercise you do helping it along.

Cut all beverages with calories out of your diet (soda, juice, alcohol, etc.), kill anything like french fries or other filler starches out, up your protein, do strength training if it is safe for you to do, find your RMR and aim to be in about a 500 calorie deficit each day (remember to consider the amount of physical activity you're doing; I find that it's appropriate to increase calories by maybe half of the calories burned by exercise, to keep energy levels up). Track everything vigilantly so that you can't deceive yourself. Move your body as much as you're able, whether that's cycling, elliptical, running, swimming, sports, or martial arts. You'll need to ramp up.

10 pounds per month is totally realistic and so within 6 months you'll be a different person, if you keep at it. One foot in front of the other.

Definitely agree with seeing a doctor, but especially the bolded. Before I started training seriously, I was able to rationalize my terrible lifestyle. Its incredible how good our brains are at the old "its not that bad"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely agree with seeing a doctor, but especially the bolded. Before I started training seriously, I was able to rationalize my terrible lifestyle. Its incredible how good our brains are at the old "its not that bad"

Yeah I hear that. The rationalization I had was out of control. And I didn't realize it. That, coupled with bad nutritional education and this fake belief that I was making changes (when I really wasn't) was doom for me.

Eventually a combination of things I saw out there made me snap out of it. It wasn't one thing, but Jason from Icecreamfitness got me to wise up with the advances in diet and really pushed me to learn more and understand how things work.

At the end of the day, the body is an honest machine that will give you exactly what you give it. If you remember this, you won't go wrong. It is 100% honest, barring any wild medical issues that cause your body to function weird.

All the good advice has already been handed out.

So is cycling between a cut/bulk a good idea?
E.g. going 5-6 weeks on a bulk, then a shorter cut to bring down BF% to levels prior to the bulk, and repeat.

Or are there any health risks to it?
The only reason I'm weary of it is because it reminds me of yo-yo dieting.

PBY

Banned

E.g. going 5-6 weeks on a bulk, then a shorter cut to bring down BF% to levels prior to the bulk, and repeat.

This might be way off base, but 5 week cycles seems short to me. I don't really do cut/bulks tho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Spread it out to multiple months

LOL @ me gaining weight on a clean diet trying to shred. Been doing HIIT almost every day. Strength gains have been going up substantially.

I guess its water weight. Ever since I have started taking Jack3d I noticed my weight staying the same give or take a pound or two. I feel lean and vascular so I am not really worried what the scale says. I just wish the BF% scale wasn't broken in my gym to see where I am really at. This weekend no Jack3d and just coffee so I should be looking shredded.

Going to be hard to not think of fitness this weekend. Hamptons for 4 days. Gonna get 1 full upper body workout in tomorrow and maaaaybe a HIIT sesh. I deserve a night or two of hard drinking as long as I stay carb free till Sunday. Got my protein powder to kill cravings.

Im gonna 100% sneak in a HIIT/compound sesh on Friday or Saturday

I will make that promise in August/Sept like I mentioned. On a good swing/roll for now with my swimming workouts and will see small gains there since I've never worked out a day in my life until now so even that helps haha..

But yeah will probably start lifting in August/September.

I think once you start lifting, you don't want to quit! It's good that you're going to be easing into it. Best people at the gym are the usual ones that go and will eventually become your friend.

There's nothing wrong with lifting for fitness, it was probably the best decision I've ever made since my injuries.

Initially had the opposite effect on me. I think it has to do with the diet. It's really tough for me to do a clean calorie lift in my diet. The food just kills me. Hoping this ease into it helps.

jimbor

Banned
Another question for FitGaf. What's the opinion on chin ups vs pull ups? I currently do 3x10 chin ups, three times a week. Should I alternate with pull ups? Thanks.

Matugi

Another question for FitGaf. What's the opinion on chin ups vs pull ups? I currently do 3x10 chin ups, three times a week. Should I alternate with pull ups? Thanks.

You'll get far more lat work with pull-ups and far more bicep work with chin-ups.

Cooter

Do all grips but definitely do pull ups. I've primarily been doing pull ups for 5+ years and they have been very good to me. Don't be afraid to add weight if your 3x10s are easy.

jimbor

Banned
Do all grips but definitely do pull ups. I've primarily been doing pull ups for 5+ years and they have been very good to me. Don't be afraid to add weight if your 3x10s are easy.

The last set is still a struggle but have been consistently getting them for the past month. I'm ordering a dip belt this week. Thanks for the input.

Cooter

The last set is still a struggle but have been consistently getting them for the past month. I'm ordering a dip belt this week. Thanks for the input.
Anytime! I love pull ups and always like to see people really focusing on them. Also, work on your explosiveness up to the bar and go up as high as you're able to.

velociraptor

My hands used to be silky smooth but now they're rough as hell thanks to the calluses. It doesn't hurt - it just feels uncomfortable. Perhaps it's time to start wearing gloves... lol.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can critique my planned change to my workout routine and give me any and all feedback you can, positive or negative. Give it to me straight.

I've been doing 531 full body for a few months now and there's a few exercises I've been stalling on (including getting to the point of stalling with Deadlift and Bench Press even though I've done four cycles). I've been doing it for three days/week.

Current routine:
Monday: Bench Press 531, Chin Ups, Front Squat, DB Shoulder Press, Tricep Pushdown

Wednesday: Deadlift 531, CG Bench Press, Pull Ups, Skull Crushers, Face Pulls

Friday: Squat 531, OHP 531, Bent Over Rows, Kroc Rows, Tricep Pushdowns

As you can see, I care a lot about posture improvement exercises as well as getting bigger arms. With this set up, the following exercises have been improving consistently: Bent Over Rows, Squat 531, OHP 531, Front Squat, CG Bench Press, Kroc Rows.

All other exercises have either been improving a lot more slowly/inconsistently or not at all (I actually got a tad weaker on Bench Press 531).

My change is to do 531 upper/lower so I'd be working out four days/week but my frequency would drop to two times a week and here's the set up I've thought of so far:

Planned Routine
Tuesday (U): Bench Press 531, Chin Ups, DB Shoulder Press, Skull Crushers, Kroc Rows

Thursday (L): Deadlift 531, Front Squat, SL/Romanian Deadlift, Calf Raises

Saturday (U): Overhead Press 531, Pull Ups, Bent Over Rows, CG Bench Press

Sunday (L): Squat 531, Incline Leg Press, SL/Romanian Deadlift, Calf Raises

Chin Ups would be 4x6-8 reps
DB Shoulder Press would be 3x6-8
Calf Raises I'm undecided (let me know)
Front Squat would be 3x6-8 (considering going to 4 sets)
Sl/Romanian DL would be 3x6-8
CG Bench Press would be 4x6-8
Pull Ups would be 3x6-8
Bent Over Rows would be 4x6-8
Incline Leg Press would be 3x6-8

Again, give it to me straight and let me know what I need to change. I care about strength a lot but size/mass means a lot to me, too. The reason all the assistance work is 3-4 sets of 6-8 is because Jason Ferruggia said that was best for size and strength in his MGS 2.0 ebook and I enjoy that set up the most rather than doing 3 sets of 20 reps.

Mark1

Think I'm skinny fat, everyone says I don't have a belly but I can't see it. After getting noob gains on abs a couple of months back I can vaguely see them. What do you think would be the best thing to do if skinny fat? I weight 74kg at 6 foot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can critique my planned change to my workout routine and give me any and all feedback you can, positive or negative. Give it to me straight.

I'm far a beginner, but I'm sure someone can help. I know FE will recommend changing to Decline bench.

Petrie

Banned
That 415lb deadlift today. Felt badass.

Did a few sets of chins and pullups and then called it a workout at lunch, decided if I feel like it I'll go back for isolation later. Felt like I earned it.

Think I'm skinny fat, everyone says I don't have a belly but I can't see it. After getting noob gains on abs a couple of months back I can vaguely see them. What do you think would be the best thing to do if skinny fat? I weight 74kg at 6 foot.

The standard advice for skinny-fat people that want to look fit is to focus on strength gains and muscle building, not on losing the little fat you have. In general, if a skinny-fat guy cuts, he finds he went from skinny-fat to just really skinny, and still doesn't like the way he looks at all. Focusing on building muscle brings the dude towards his goal body faster than losing those couple pounds of squish.

Disclaimer: I am not super-fit or super-experienced and am regurgitating previous internet wisdom here. If a more experienced person overrules me you should consider listening to him instead.

velociraptor

That 415lb deadlift today. Felt badass.

Did a few sets of chins and pullups and then called it a workout at lunch, decided if I feel like it I'll go back for isolation later. Felt like I earned it.

Is it a bad idea to chins and pullups every day (even on rest days)? Do you think it will impede recovery and thus progress?

andycapps

Comments on my 5/3/1 routine? I feel like I could use more accessory work outs for biceps and triceps, what days would those go on?

Monday:
Military Press
Dips
Chin-ups

Tuesday:
Deadlift
Good Morning
Hanging Leg Raise

Thursday:
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Barbell Row

Friday:
Squat
Front Squat
Hanging Leg Raise

Petrie

Banned
Is it a bad idea to chins and pullups every day (even on rest days)? Do you think it will impede recovery and thus progress?

I found that when I could only do a few, doing that helped me progress. Now my goals are different though and I only do them on training days.

It really comes down to what your goals are.

Comments on my 5/3/1 routine? I feel like I could use more accessory work outs for biceps and triceps, what days would those go on?

Monday:
Military Press
Dips
Chin-ups

Tuesday:
Deadlift
Good Morning
Hanging Leg Raise

Thursday:
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Barbell Row

Friday:
Squat
Front Squat
Hanging Leg Raise

My current program is kinda similar to yours, and I've thrown in triceps on day 1 and biceps on day 3:

Mon:
OHP
DBIncline
Seated Row
Triceps (rope pull-downs, though you can do skull crushers)

Wed:
Deadlift
Glute-ham raise
DBlunges
Obliques

Friday:
BB flat bench
DBdecline
Seated Row
Hammer time (Bicep curls)

Sun:
Squats
Glute-ham raise
Leg press
Ab work-out

andycapps

My current program is kinda similar to yours, and I've thrown in triceps on day 1 and biceps on day 3:

Mon:
OHP
DBIncline
Seated Row
Triceps (rope pull-downs, though you can do skull crushers)

Wed:
Deadlift
Glute-ham raise
DBlunges
Obliques

Friday:
BB flat bench
DBdecline
Seated Row
Hammer time (Bicep curls)

Sun:
Squats
Glute-ham raise
Leg press
Ab work-out

Cool, thanks for putting that on here. I don't have access to any machines so I can't do leg press or triceps pulldowns. I assume that front squats after doing squats wouldn't be a bad thing. I think I'll do the format you did as far as triceps on day 1 and biceps on 3, but I'll do skull crushers like you mentioned as an alternative.

duxstar

thanks for the advice guys, I tried looking into Keto, but dunno if thats exactly the way to go, I do go to the gym, and started the "starting strength" program, I just say screw it and make sure I have a bench under me when squatting, I'm a big guy so my numbers for SS aren't impressive

Squat (on smith machine cause assholes were using the squat racks for 30 minutes) - 220
Bench Press - 160
Deadlift (hope I was doing it right, watched the Mark rippitoe video) - 175
Pull ups - 125 counter weight

the thing with OD is that it's like a little pain in my knee, which makes me not trust it, and the surgery for it is like a 3 month recovery time, which I'm afraid would make me gain tons of weight (just sitting around). I'm not scared of pain, hell 2 years ago my doctor told me I bruised a rib, and turns out I had broken it, and I still went to the gym anyways and did Bench presses, Pain I can tolerate, not trusting my knee is the thing that get's me.

As far as the Keto diet I would try it but I don't know where to begin really, any one have any good websites/advice? I realize that the first 2 - 3 weeks are hell, but hopefully after that it eats away at the fat (supposedly) which would be just what I need.

As far as cardio goes, every time I do the elliptical I can go for like 40 minutes without getting out of breath, for some reason it just doesn't do shit for me, same with a Bike, I tried doing HIIT on a bike, going high resistance/low resistance, and just never got into that "whole shit I'm gonna collapse" stage like I do when I run for 10 seconds. Yet on the other hand Running is the WORST thing for my knee, but seems to be the only thing that gets me out of breath/dying mode.

I just want to lose this weight, and I realize its all about diet, but Im a college student and money isn't always plentiful, I just plateau at this weight no matter what I do, I've tried all sorts of diets, and none of em seem to work, I've tried the calorie deficient thing, and I think maybe I don't eat enough, Like I've been awake 3 hours today and had a quest bar and a banana.

andycapps

thanks for the advice guys, I tried looking into Keto, but dunno if thats exactly the way to go, I do go to the gym, and started the "starting strength" program, I just say screw it and make sure I have a bench under me when squatting, I'm a big guy so my numbers for SS aren't impressive

Squat (on smith machine cause assholes were using the squat racks for 30 minutes) - 220
Bench Press - 160
Deadlift (hope I was doing it right, watched the Mark rippitoe video) - 175
Pull ups - 125 counter weight

the thing with OD is that it's like a little pain in my knee, which makes me not trust it, and the surgery for it is like a 3 month recovery time, which I'm afraid would make me gain tons of weight (just sitting around). I'm not scared of pain, hell 2 years ago my doctor told me I bruised a rib, and turns out I had broken it, and I still went to the gym anyways and did Bench presses, Pain I can tolerate, not trusting my knee is the thing that get's me.

As far as the Keto diet I would try it but I don't know where to begin really, any one have any good websites/advice? I realize that the first 2 - 3 weeks are hell, but hopefully after that it eats away at the fat (supposedly) which would be just what I need.

As far as cardio goes, every time I do the elliptical I can go for like 40 minutes without getting out of breath, for some reason it just doesn't do shit for me, same with a Bike, I tried doing HIIT on a bike, going high resistance/low resistance, and just never got into that "whole shit I'm gonna collapse" stage like I do when I run for 10 seconds. Yet on the other hand Running is the WORST thing for my knee, but seems to be the only thing that gets me out of breath/dying mode.

I just want to lose this weight, and I realize its all about diet, but Im a college student and money isn't always plentiful, I just plateau at this weight no matter what I do, I've tried all sorts of diets, and none of em seem to work, I've tried the calorie deficient thing, and I think maybe I don't eat enough, Like I've been awake 3 hours today and had a quest bar and a banana.

Re: cardio.. I think you should stick to low intensity cardio like walking, riding a bike, or elliptical. May not get you as winded as running, but if you're not able to do HIIT (and I wouldn't recommend it with your condition), low intensity walking is best at preserving muscle and burning fat.

SeanR1221

6 reps baby! Fuck you squats.

wrestling-fail-2.gif

Oh lord, I wish I had done this sooner.

Yoghurt (fat free)+Protein powder+ Sugar-free vanilla flavouring=Delicious protein desert.
450 cal, 26g carbs, 5g fat, and 80g protein for a 250g serving.

OG Kush

What other good beginner strength programs out there are there? Apart from the OP and Starting Strength?
Also best one to recommend?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

All I can do is offer my 'cookbook' which is very little cookin at all.

Buy plenty of deli cuts - pepper jack cheese w/salami as a 'sandwich' is my breakfast most days and gets me going on if I have some hunger. I also pick up sliced ham, put cheese on it and microwave it and eat it like that. Buy boneless skinless chicken breast. Eat burger patties w/o the bread or toppings. Just meat meat meat cheese meat meat meat. Introduce some veggies as well but CAREFULLY track them if you're going to eat them. Almonds are nice too. And zillions of eggs. Eggs! Scramble them fuckers, cook em six different ways, add meat, add cheese, pepper them shits, whatever it takes. I usually eat about 6-8 eggs if I cook eggs. I make it count.

Keto isn't for everyone but it's a very easy thing to do. The first 2 days are toughest, then you will roll over it and no longer be a slave to food. You WILL lose weight if you keep discipline. You WILL lose weight if you don't cheat and are honest with yourself and what you're eating. With keto, a small break -can- get you. After a month or two of successful keto you may want to look into Carb Nite. Gives you what's BASICALLY a cheat evening.

I'm always praising keto but that's because it worked for me, and worked great.

Also throw out your scale. Fuck watching numbers. Go by how you feel. Liberating.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just created a delicious post-workout snack that I thought I'd share with you guys:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or any flavor)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 packet sweetener
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Dump all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix thoroughly. Use your hands, a spoon, whatever. Get a nice, thick consistency. Then, place in a plastic container and throw it into the freezer. Wait 30 minutes to an hour for a delicious, hearty snack.

Macros:

Calories: 332
Fat: 5.7
Carbs: 38.3
Sugar: 7
Protein: 35.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom