• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

A couple of times last year. Problem is that my asthma makes it pretty horrible since my conditioning is so poor. Just jumping straight into HIIT makes my throat/lungs hurt pretty fast.

But I'm up for anything at this point.

Edit:
Added a couple of things to the first post.

This is me basically.

Even working out gives my lungs a good kick. Heh.

despire

Dude, didn't you show some progress pics several weeks ago? You looked damn well, specially for having been lifting for 1.5 years.

You are the guy from Finland, right? Don't know, maybe I Am mistaking you.

I am from Finland but it's been some months since I last showed any pics. And I think it was my back which isn't half bad.

Here's a couple of new pictures from our trip to US:
http://i.imgur.com/U9Jon7b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WgWu48D.jpg

I look like I have some muscle in these pictures but I think it's mostly just fat masquerading as muscle. Also my huuge lovehandles can't be seen in either one.

This is me basically.

Even working out gives my lungs a good kick. Heh.

Hah, high rep deadlifts give my lungs a beating as well :p

Thank you all very much for the comments! As mentioned, you guys keep me motivated and keep me going. There is so much room for improvement both physically and increasing my maxes. Gotta keep going!

That is inspiration. The change is SO damn obvious. Amazing work.

So now you're set for a six month bulk right?

Prolly. I'm thinking late August to April. I've learned a lot from my last "bulk", mainly that eating everything is not always a good thing haha. Your body can only build so much muscle a month so eating over that will do nothing for me. I might do August - October with a focus on size. Then November - March with a focus on strength. Question is, I don't know what routine I should go. Maybe BBB 3 month challenge. I been reading more about Chad Waterbury and his methodology. Lots of good stuff out there.

Some of us only grow silly looking patchy facial hair.

So no. :(

Unfortunately, that is me as well. Otherwise, I be rocking some sort of crazy facial hair right now.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This is difficult to post as I sit here in my food induced coma from my crazy Sunday refuel day. I went nuts and just kept forcing it down.

Big Fatburger and fries
Large tub of kettle corn
Large Dr. Pepper
4 quest bars
About 10ozs of flank steak
Brussel Sprouts
Cottage cheese
PB
1.5 pints of gelato

I think I set a good foundation for a week of strength gains! Back to my normal low calorie, low carb, and high protein Mon-Sat routine.

SeanR1221

Sometimes I just hate myself and I need to vent. I'm still a skinny fat (~25 BF%) with too little to show for lifting 1,5 years. I've made no progress this last year. Or I made but I lost it during the last weeks of my cut. Just failed both my bench press and squat with GSLP, didn't even get past my old PR's.

I know it's because I'm not eating enough and that's the problem. I'm skinny fat. I can't cut and I can't bulk. If I cut I'll just look like I've escaped concentration camp and if I bulk I'll just get even fatter. Last time I really bulked I just got fat and my lifts didn't even progress that well. I've tried recomping but haven't gotten anywhere really.

I'm not ignorant about lifting and nutrition, I could even say that I know a lot more than the average gym-goer, but I can't seem to be able to apply this stuff to myself very well. This is just so frustrating. I've been lifting long enough that I should have a little more to show for it.

What should I do? I've been thinking about adding fasted walking and biking in addition to lifting since lifting is the only thing I've been doing for the last couple of years. I'm not sure if I should be in a slight caloric surplus and balance that off with the conditioning or should I aim for under maintenance? I'm not sure anymore if I should eat carbs or not. Everyone says a different thing. I've been doing keto/Carb Back-Loading. Did IF last year.

I guess I have a thing in common with Sean in that I don't seem to lose weight on a "unrestricted" low carb. Today session was so shitty that I decided to cut my CBL reorientation short and get my carbs today instead of wednesday.

:(

I can understand where you're coming from. After one year of lifting I didn't have as great of progress as I had hoped.

Deadlift was 315x1
Squat was 245x3
Bench was 175x4
OHP was 105x4

The only one I was kinda happy with was deadlift. I realized I was focusing way too much on not getting fat. Now, as a former obese kid/teen that was my greatest fear. But I realized if I could put on size quickly I could gain strength quickly. I put all my worries aside and just started eating whenever I was hungry and not tracking anything. I wasn't eating like junk, but I would eat peanutbutter, bananas, lots of eggs, tons of chicken, nuts, lots of dark green vegetables, etc.

If I was hungry at 10 at night, is start eating mixed nuts. If I was extra hungry in the morning, I'd have a couple more eggs.

So yeah, I put on some weight these past 6 months but my strength increased a LOT

325 squat
365 dead
205 bench
135 OHP

I also can't wear my 34 jeans or medium shirts anymore ;)

You could be like me where you just have to let go, stick to sensible foods, but eat when your hungry.

I think overall if you're stronger than when you started, you've made progress but I understand what it's like to not be happy. Trust me, I want that 225 bench so bad but it's not happening yet until I get that 210 bench.

I think you'll have to decide what's more important to you. Your size or gaining strength. Like right now, since my back is worthless, I'm
Just focusing on losing some weight and maintaining my upper body strength.

So can you lay out your whole diet plan and we'll take a look at that first?

velociraptor

I can understand where you're coming from. After one year of lifting I didn't have as great of progress as I had hoped.

Deadlift was 315x1
Squat was 245x3
Bench was 175x4
OHP was 105x4

The only one I was kinda happy with was deadlift. I realized I was focusing way too much on not getting fat. Now, as a former obese kid/teen that was my greatest fear. But I realized if I could put on size quickly I could gain strength quickly. I put all my worries aside and just started eating whenever I was hungry and not tracking anything. I wasn't eating like junk, but I would eat peanutbutter, bananas, lots of eggs, tons of chicken, nuts, lots of dark green vegetables, etc.

If I was hungry at 10 at night, is start eating mixed nuts. If I was extra hungry in the morning, I'd have a couple more eggs.

So yeah, I put on some weight these past 6 months but my strength increased a LOT

325 squat
365 dead
205 bench
135 OHP

I also can't wear my 34 jeans or medium shirts anymore ;)

You could be like me where you just have to let go, stick to sensible foods, but eat when your hungry.

I think overall if you're stronger than when you started, you've made progress but I understand what it's like to not be happy. Trust me, I want that 225 bench so bad but it's not happening yet until I get that 210 bench.

I think you'll have to decide what's more important to you. Your size or gaining strength. Like right now, since my back is worthless, I'm
Just focusing on losing some weight and maintaining my upper body strength.

So can you lay out your whole diet plan and we'll take a look at that first?

Is it really that hard to pack on strength without eating a shit ton of food?

help me fitness gaf

I'm 183-186 cm tall and weight 78-79 KG, I think my body fat is at about 15%

How do I lower my bf to 10% while looking bigger than I am now? I'm affraid if I lose weight I'm going to look skinny, which I don't want. I am already at skinny-normal size

I want to look a little bigger than I am now but with about 10% bf

Depends on what your definition of "shit ton" is and how fast your goals are. To put on muscle, you need to be at a calorie surplus. +500 cals a day is fine. People eat more because it is easier that way.

help me fitness gaf

How do I lower my bf to 10% while looking bigger than I am now? I'm affraid if I lose weight I'm going to look skinny, which I don't want. I am already at skinny-normal size

Have a pic? If you really are @ 15% and have a solid frame, then dropping down to 10% will make you look a lot bigger due to the fact that your muscles are "popping" more.

balddemon

Banned
Sometimes I just hate myself and I need to vent. I'm still a skinny fat (~25 BF%) with too little to show for lifting 1,5 years. I've made no progress this last year. Or I made but I lost it during the last weeks of my cut. Just failed both my bench press and squat with GSLP, didn't even get past my old PR's.

I know it's because I'm not eating enough and that's the problem. I'm skinny fat. I can't cut and I can't bulk. If I cut I'll just look like I've escaped concentration camp and if I bulk I'll just get even fatter. Last time I really bulked I just got fat and my lifts didn't even progress that well. I've tried recomping but haven't gotten anywhere really.

I'm not ignorant about lifting and nutrition, I could even say that I know a lot more than the average gym-goer, but I can't seem to be able to apply this stuff to myself very well. This is just so frustrating. I've been lifting long enough that I should have a little more to show for it.

What should I do? I've been thinking about adding fasted walking and biking in addition to lifting since lifting is the only thing I've been doing for the last couple of years. I'm not sure if I should be in a slight caloric surplus and balance that off with the conditioning or should I aim for under maintenance? I'm not sure anymore if I should eat carbs or not. Everyone says a different thing. I've been doing keto/Carb Back-Loading. Did IF last year.

I guess I have a thing in common with Sean in that I don't seem to lose weight on a "unrestricted" low carb. Today session was so shitty that I decided to cut my CBL reorientation short and get my carbs today instead of wednesday.

:(

don't worry, I have made very little progress in the last 4 years since graduating high school.

squat 305x1 --> 315x3x5
didn't even deadlift --> 385x1 (pussy grip right here)
didn't even OHP --> 135x3x5
bench 170x1 --> 185x10

about the only thing I'm happy with is the weight I've gained, went from 135 and a twig to 170 and fat (worked at taco bell, lifted every day) in my final semester in HS. now I'm 185 and a good portion of that is muscle. only ~15 pounds of muscle in 4 years? turrible.

I haven't been consistent with lifting or eating, and I'm just now recovering from a compound fracture, but still. I'm disappointed with myself. I look at other guys my age (natural or not) and I think about what I could have achieved with a steady routine, to the point where I'm tempted to shell out the cash for some vials of test. haven't yet, but I'm edging closer and closer to the edge of the abyss.

to a point, no. I dont eat near enough but I'm still gaining strength. it's slowed down considerably, but as I start sleeping more and better hours I expect my gains to increase yet again.
help me fitness gaf

lift/eat a lot and do hiit.
as detailed above, my own pathetic progression went from me around 20% bf and 170 (78kg) to where I am now at 11% and 185 (83kg) over the last few years, but I've seen the majority of my growth in the last year. I'm 6' (183cm) tall.

despire

Okay, here goes:

Height: 6"
Weight: ~185lbs
BF% estimate: 25%

If I lived in the US my diet would probably look a lot different. Now it's just trying to balance between good quality protein/food and price. Food is very expensive here and I don't want to live beyond my means anymore. I'll list what I've been doing since getting back from US (and before that). I can't really eat that much more meat since most of my money is already going to food. I've been trying to stick to the cheapest options which still provide adequate quality protein.

Also I had a 3 week break from benching and squatting so that might have contributed somewhat to my workout today but my situation still stands.

Off days:

Brunch (I don't eat breakfast):
- 6 boiled eggs / omelette
- ~30g of gouda cheese

Lunch:
- 6 boiled eggs / omelette
- 225g broccoli (slice of butter on top)
- ~30g of gouda cheese

Dinner:
-350g of 10% fat beef (minced) in tomato sauce/or without

I'm getting probably 30-40g of butter a day since if it touches the pan I fry it in butter. Also I try to remember to take a spoonfull of fish oil (and coconut oil if I feel like it.)

Calories: 2100-2500kcal
Protein: ~190g
Fat: +160g
Carbs: ~18g

Training days (starting today):

Brunch (I don't eat breakfast):
- 4 boiled eggs / omelette
- ~30g of gouda cheese

Lunch:
- 4 boiled eggs / omelette
- ~30g of gouda cheese

PWO:
-30g of whey isolate
-0,5dl dextrose

Dinner 1:
-150g of 10% fat beef (minced) in tomato sauce
-150g white rice

Dinner 2:
-100g of 10% fat beef (minced) in tomato sauce
-1500g white rice

Calories: ~3000kcal
Protein: ~183g
Fat: +115g
Carbs: ~336g

Cooter

Hmmm...How do I put this.....yes. YES IT IS!

Diet is usually the most important thing keeping people from trimming fat or gaining muscle. The importance of getting your diet customized to accomplish your desired goal cannot be overstated.

andycapps

don't worry, I have made very little progress in the last 4 years since graduating high school.

squat 305x1 --> 315x3x5
didn't even deadlift --> 385x1 (pussy grip right here)
didn't even OHP --> 135x3x5
bench 170x1 --> 185x10

about the only thing I'm happy with is the weight I've gained, went from 135 and a twig to 170 and fat (worked at taco bell, lifted every day) in my final semester in HS. now I'm 185 and a good portion of that is muscle. only ~15 pounds of muscle in 4 years? turrible.

I haven't been consistent with lifting or eating, and I'm just now recovering from a compound fracture, but still. I'm disappointed with myself. I look at other guys my age (natural or not) and I think about what I could have achieved with a steady routine, to the point where I'm tempted to shell out the cash for some vials of test. haven't yet, but I'm edging closer and closer to the edge of the abyss.

to a point, no. I dont eat near enough but I'm still gaining strength. it's slowed down considerably, but as I start sleeping more and better hours I expect my gains to increase yet again.

as detailed above, my own pathetic progression went from me around 20% bf and 170 (78kg) to where I am now at 11% and 185 (83kg) over the last few years, but I've seen the majority of my growth in the last year. I'm 6' (183cm) tall.

You're 22, you have plenty of time to get where you want to be. I'm 30 and didn't start lifting until 29. Talk about regrets over wasted time and energy. Years when I didn't really care what I looked like, and years when I did start to care but didn't know how to get where I wanted to be. My numbers are much worse than yours and I'm 8 years older.

Will I loose bf % if I gain weight while doing lifting and Hiit?

Petrie

Banned
Will I loose bf % if I gain weight while doing lifting and Hiit?

If you're gaining weight, some of it will be fat. Hopefully you gain enough muscle that you end up looking better regardless. It's nearly impossible for anyone but the newest of lifters to gain muscle while losing fat. HiiT and lifting heavy helps to keep it at a minimum.

Aww you'll be fine dude, hope your brother gets well soon!

Personal achievement is VERY close...hit a PR of 195 lbs! *gasp*

My true ultimate goal is to one day bench TWO, yes just two plates. I'll get there, eventually.

I've eaten like 4 days worth of crap thanks to the holiday weekend. Time to get back on track.

Nice job! My previous milestone on Bench was 200 and last week I finally benched 205. Onward to two plates!

sphinx

the piano man
What do you expect your body to use to build that muscle and strength?

Hmmm...How do I put this.....yes. YES IT IS!

Diet is usually the most important thing keeping people from trimming fat or gaining muscle. The importance of getting your diet customized to accomplish your desired goal cannot be overstated.

I'll try to complement these posts saying that some of you guys that are starting exercising and strength training just now have to realize that when you are doing a high quality routine with discipline, your body consumes what it receives like crazy!! You don't eat cause you are a pig, you eat because your body needs it, if you don't eat well, in quantity and quality, you are doing it wrong, period,

Some of you seem to think "No food for me thanks, don't wanna get fat", (fat as in a chubby guy with a huge belly) the thing is, you really won't get fat if you eat and exercise properly,

even eating having the mindest of bulking and getting bigger, like I do now, it's hard! it really is, It takes a month for me to go up 2.2 pounds..sometimes more... and I eat a "shit ton" of food and supposedly I should be eating even more....

that's my impression as a novice, at least.

Don't be afraid of food, just educate yourselves about what you should eat according to your goals and EAT it.

Cooter

I'll try to complement these posts saying that some of you guys that are starting exercising and strength training just now have to realize that when you are doing a high quality routine with discipline, your body consumes what it receives like crazy!! You don't eat cause you are a pig, you eat because your body needs it, if you don't eat well, in quantity and quality, you are doing it wrong, period,

Some of you seem to think "No food for me thanks, don't wanna get fat", (fat as in a chubby guy with a huge belly) the thing is, you really won't get fat if you eat and exercise properly,

even eating having the mindest of bulking and getting bigger, like I do now, it's hard! it really is, It takes a month for me to go up 2.2 pounds..sometimes more... and I eat a "shit ton" of food and supposedly I should be eating even more....

that's my impression as a novice, at least.

Don't be afraid of food, just educate yourselves about what you should eat according to your goals and EAT it.
Well said. Another thing that comes along with mastering your diet is a sense of control that crosses into other areas of your life. When you realize that you can pretty much control exactly what you look like through exercise and diet that quiet confidence will be reflected in your demeanor.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear about your brothers injury. Its more of a reason for me personally to go solo and concentrate on myself.

How long have you been on this latest keto? I swear i have 10x the energy now and im much more razor sharp on keto then ive ever been on normal diets. I just hit new PR's at the gym this morning, and ive got enough energy to ram through 10 walls right now. I just dont know, my carbs have to be at below 20g a day for sure. I tried to use the myfitnesspal but it seems very confusing for me, and im incredibly computer literate. I want to track macros. About the only thing i eat a day that has carbs is the greek yogurt. And its less then 2 tablespoons a day.

I'm maybe 10 days in. Keto's great. After the first couple days you "wake up" and shit is good again. My lifts keep going up though, so even if I feel exhausted after...I know I'm doing work.

Petrie

Banned
Well said. Another thing that comes along with mastering your diet is a sense of control that crosses into other areas of your life. When you realize that you can pretty much control exactly what you look like through exercise and diet that quiet confidence will be reflected in your demeanor.

I've become like Cooter in that when I decide to cheat, I just don't care, because I know I'm so on point otherwise that it has no noticeable impact long-term.

Don't be scared of food guys, it is your best friend when it comes to lifting.

GatorBait

I know I'm probably opening the floodgates with this question, but what do you guys think the best "diet" is for someone who is working out moderately (moderate intensity weights and/or cardio 4-6 times per week)? Different versions of the "paleo" diet seem to be what is en vogue nowadays, but they don't seem all that realistic for someone who is working out regularly.

I'd rather ask this question in here to get answers from those who are working out regularly rather than in the dedicated weight loss thread where I may get answers from sedentary dieters.

Petrie

Banned
I know I'm probably opening the floodgates with this question, but what do you guys think the best "diet" is for someone who is working out moderately (moderate intensity weights and/or cardio 4-6 times per week)? Different versions of the "paleo" diet seem to be what is en vogue nowadays, but they don't seem all that realistic for someone who is working out regularly.

I'd rather ask this question in here to get answers from those who are working out regularly rather than in the dedicated weight loss thread where I may get answers from sedentary dieters.

If you're doing weights more than 4 times a week as a beginner, I'd find a different program.

There's no one-size-fits-all best diet though. We all have different goals, needs, and activity levels.

What is unrealistic about paleo for someone working out regularly though?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so tired of unfit-gaf making health threads because some of the responses boggle the mind :(

It's not so bad to make a health thread but don't shoot the messengers when you hear something you dont like!

Kyaw

Nice progress Falling Edge! From what I see, you need traps. Bane level traps. :p (Don't we all?)

Just got back to the gym after taking a week off for Holiday. Shit was tough, not enough energy and doms in the legs from front squats. It's been a while since I got soreness from the gym, bar traps from cleans.

Cooter

I've never understood what lifting weights with moderate intensity encompasses. Can you explain that for me? I can give better advice if I know what exactly this means.

Yo Fit-GAF,

Any recommendations for developing grip strength for deadlift? Five weeks in I'm up to 245 max (which I'm sure is pretty weak compared to 99.99% of Fit-GAF but I just started ='| ) but it looks like my grip is going to prevent me from getting any better at it. I'm trying to keep from doing sumo/mixed grip unless I'm lifting at least 225+. No straps, no chalk. If anything I'm starting to do high-angle body mass rows or assisted pull-ups with towel grips. Anything else to consider going forward?

agrajag

Banned
Yo Fit-GAF,

Any recommendations for developing grip strength for deadlift? Five weeks in I'm up to 245 max (which I'm sure is pretty weak compared to 99.99% of Fit-GAF but I just started ='| ) but it looks like my grip is going to prevent me from getting any better at it. I'm trying to keep from doing sumo/mixed grip unless I'm lifting at least 225+. No straps, no chalk. If anything I'm starting to do high-angle body mass rows or assisted pull-ups with towel grips. Anything else to consider going forward?

Mixed grip for the heavy sets. The way I've strengthened my grip, is as I add weight to the bar, I do heavier warm-ups that I used to do with mixed grip with double overhand grip. That way my grip strength goes up as my overall pulling strength
increases.

Yo Fit-GAF,

Pullups. your grip stamina probably exceeds your pullup stamina so maybe hang for time from a bar? don't forget to keep you shoulders tight.

despire

Am I the only one who doesn't "feel it" when on keto? I don't get keto flu and I don't get that burst of energy either that many talk about. I just feel...normal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who doesn't "feel it" when on keto? I don't get keto flu and I don't get that burst of energy either that many talk about. I just feel...normal.

I only get sick to the ass maybe once during the transition and I feel exhausted for two days, but it doesnt hit me as hard as others, apparently.

blackflag

Would anyone else from fitness gaf be interested in a "Beard and Bulk" season during the winter?

Off the top of my head rules would be: No shaving a good chunk of winter and obviously bulking and lifting to gain maximum size.

Haha sounds fun, I'd be down for the bulk but I dunno if the new girlfriend would like the beard

blackflag

I definitely feel like crap for the first 4 days then usually day 5 or 6 I start feeling better than I ever did burning glucose.

Not sure I'd ever go back to it though.

blackflag

So I think I'm pretty much done with my cut for now. April 1 - July 7. 3 months. Started @ 239.5 lbs @ 17.3 % bf. Ended @ 225 lbs @ ~12% bf. The bf% numbers could be wrong but with the tests I have been using since the start, that is what I am sticking with.

Feb 2011

July 2012

April 2013

July 2013

The second "after" pic is prolly what I just look like most of the time. Could be leaner as seen here but could also be bigger. What I ate, carbs, water retention, etc.

Final stats are as follows:
OHP: 3 reps @ 180 lbs
Decline Bench: 6 reps @ 265 lbs
Deadlifts: 5 reps @ 385 lbs
Squats: 6 reps @ 375 lbs

I could have lost more fat but too many cheat days, out with friends, etc. Yeah, yeah, I can do better. I find that I like myself more @ 225 than I do @ 240. Less fat and just feel better. That being said, I would love to get to 240 lbs next year and be at the same bf%. I think I can do it but we will see. The plan for the rest of the summer is to maintain, maybe try to lose a bit more fat. I might post a few more pics at the end of summer to see where I "officially" have ended up. In any case, I am not as big as the doods in here, not as lean as the guys in here but for now, I'm just going to enjoy what I have accomplished.

Thanks to FitGAF for all the help and for putting up with my BS and various pic spamming. You guys are a great group of people.

Awesome progress. Yeah I'd say you could slow bulk at this point or just eat at maintenance until late fall and possible recomp some.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My HIIT routines commonly look like

5 minute warmup

1 minute high/ 1 minute low 10 reps(20 minutes)

Anyone have a better routine for HIIT?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Say you're cutting 500 calories under maintenance every day... About how many more calories should you add for days you workout (60 mins in the gym)? 200-300?

Say you're cutting 500 calories under maintenance every day... About how many more calories should you add for days you workout (60 mins in the gym)? 200-300?

should you add for workouts? I have a Polar watch thing so I can calculate pretty close to what I burn working out but I haven't been adding extra calories for it.

blackflag

None, unless you didn't average it out in your calculations.

If you found your BMR then multiplied by your activity level you eat however much it tells you to every day.

If you wanted to eat less on other days and more on workout days, you could figure it out but there's no reason to do that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Then eat more calorie dense foods man! Forget the sushi and almond milk, get full fat whole milk, beef, pork, nuts, and other high protein high calorie foods. Track your calories and I bet you'd be shocked how low they actually are.
Well damn this made want to start tracking my calories now. Always wasnt sure since with all the e recipes i've tried out but guess just track every ingredient. Really should grab a food scale off Amazon to help as well. Def have noticed i haven't eaten nearly enough but have had no idea what high calorie high protein foods to eat that are clean. Off to costco in a bit to stock up then.

Also anyone know how many calories I should be eatif on non workout/workout days? I'm like 5'6 and 137 lbs. I've heard I need to take in around 2300-2500 calories on workout days and eat 2100-2200 on rest days. Man even though I learned how to cook for this reason, I still find getting my diet down difficult. Well I do make it harder on myself since I want to try out new recipes and vary it up rather than just eat the same thing and hit my macros.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
None, unless you didn't average it out in your calculations.

If you found your BMR then multiplied by your activity level you eat however much it tells you to every day.

Does MyFitnessPal do this? I was under the impression that it takes into account your lifestyle (for instance, I'm a waiter, so I'm always moving around), and it gives me maintenance calories at 2410. I didn't think it factored in cardio days and strength training.

Noema

Mixed grip for the heavy sets. The way I've strengthened my grip, is as I add weight to the bar, I do heavier warm-ups that I used to do with mixed grip with double overhand grip. That way my grip strength goes up as my overall pulling strength
increases.

This here is great advice.

Incline dumbbell curls are the truth. My biceps are dead!

I love them. Definitely my favorite biceps isolation exercise after machine preacher curls. They are hard too; I usually finish off my Friday with incline curls and I basically use the lightest dumbbells in the gym. (Not the pink ones though :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom