• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
well fuck me for the last 2 weeks i've been getting this sharp pain in my outer knee when I run, and I did some research and found out it is ITBS (IT Band Syndrome)

itbs-vs-pfps-s.jpg

Fuck it hurts

Anyone ever have this and resolved their problem? This suckkss

despire

Finally dropped the water weight, the face and the weist is back to normal and I can finally see my real gain.

Ive gained 1 KG in roughly 2 weeks, which is exactly what I was after.

Thinking of using roids to get ripped quick....but its just a thought for now

7IkBpQ5.gif

What am I reading? You started lifting weigths a couple of weeks ago and you're already considering anabolic steroids?

SeanR1221

Props to Edge for the blue raspberry bcaa recommendation. Cittruline tasted great mixed in and I had no weird side effects.

Good bye shitty OJ sugar.

Well I thought more like this

I wont be young forever, why not look ripped while still young? If you get perfect body after only a year of training

It's probably better to have it as a 2-year goal, if you have to have long-term goals.
But you need short-term goals that you can look forward to in the interim, and keep you motivated to continue with your new-found lifestyle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting the itch to try Craze. I'm not big on preworkout shit but...it sure looks appealing.

It's probably better to have it as a 2-year goal, if you have to have long-term goals.
But you need short-term goals that you can look forward to in the interim, and keep you motivated to continue with your new-found lifestyle.

Short term goal? Like gaining strenght?

Do I look at my father to see if I have good genetics? Because that guy had abs and perfect body without going to gym at all well into his 30s

Short term goal? Like gaining strenght?

Do I look at my father to see if I have good genetics? Because that guy had abs and perfect body without going to gym at all well into his 30s

Your short-term goals can be aestethics-related, no prob.
Things like, adding on 1-2 inches to your arms/chest, reducing BF%, getting that V-taper general shape before you go for the shredded look.

As for genetics, you could be lucky to have inherited your dad's propensity for a great body, but that's a 50/50 shot at best (even if you got the relevant genes, they might not have been activated the same way, etc genetics stuff).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also since we're skirting around roids a little bit here, can anyone help shed some light on preworkout supplements that are sold by normal retailers that would get you DQed from competitions? Do these preworkout supps actually have anabolic steroids? How do you even tell? I need information - if I do end up taking a preworkout supplement I don't want it to be doing bad shit to me.

I do plan on using gear but not for another 2 years or even more, and in doing so, very carefully. That's for later though and absolutely not now.

Your short-term goals can be aestethics-related, no prob.
Things like, adding on 1-2 inches to your arms/chest, reducing BF%, getting that V-taper general shape before you go for the shredded look.

As for genetics, you could be lucky to have inherited your dad's propensity for a great body, but that's a 50/50 shot at best (even if you got the relevant genes, they might not have been activated the same way, etc genetics stuff).

I thought I'd get that from the slow bulk Im doing now? :p

Lifting hard 3-4 times a week and gaining approx 2 kgs a month. Eating lots of protein and healthy food

I thought I'd get that from the slow bulk Im doing now? :p

Lifting hard 3-4 times a week and gaining approx 2 kgs a month. Eating lots of protein and healthy food

You will, but it will help you keep your motivation up to set short-term goals nonetheless.
Could be benching 1x your bodyweight, or 1.25, 1-2 inches to your arm/upper torso circumference, or attaining a shredded BF% of 12.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Potential huge news for me! As I stated, my GNC's stopped accepting my coupon for quest bars. Well today I ran into an acquaintance who claims he knows someone who works for quest and will sell him them at cost! He's finding out what cost is tonight. Fingers crossed!

blackflag

Also since we're skirting around roids a little bit here, can anyone help shed some light on preworkout supplements that are sold by normal retailers that would get you DQed from competitions? Do these preworkout supps actually have anabolic steroids? How do you even tell? I need information - if I do end up taking a preworkout supplement I don't want it to be doing bad shit to me.

I do plan on using gear but not for another 2 years or even more, and in doing so, very carefully. That's for later though and absolutely not now.

None that I know of these days just make sure you check the label. This did happen a few years ago with iForce putting prohormones in supplements but they got the hammer.

blackflag

Potential huge news for me! As I stated, my GNC's stopped accepting my coupon for quest bars. Well today I ran into an acquaintance who claims he knows someone who works for quest and will sell him them at cost! He's finding out what cost is tonight. Fingers crossed!

This just in. Cooter to supply all of fitgafs Quest bar needs.

SeanR1221

So....do you ship to your bros? ;)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
None that I know of these days just make sure you check the label. This did happen a few years ago with iForce putting prohormones in supplements but they got the hammer.

What in particular should I be looking for on the label? It's all so muddy to me - what IS considered a steroid or big shift and what isn't.

blackflag

What in particular should I be looking for on the label? It's all so muddy to me - what IS considered a steroid or big shift and what isn't.

If you are buying it from a legit retailer I wouldn't worry. None of them are going to have anything like that in them. Best way to do it would be to get the list of banned substances and cross reference with hatever you are buying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you are buying it from a legit retailer I wouldn't worry. None of them are going to have anything like that in them. Best way to do it would be to get the list of banned substances and cross reference with hatever you are buying.

Alright good - I was under the assumption people could get banned for the simplest shit. I'll do my homework. Thanks Blackflag :)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's the guys trainer who also works for quest. I'll get the details soon I hope. Not sure if I can place a 100 box order. Haha I will do what I can though.

LeBoef

well fuck me for the last 2 weeks i've been getting this sharp pain in my outer knee when I run, and I did some research and found out it is ITBS (IT Band Syndrome)

itbs-vs-pfps-s.jpg

Fuck it hurts

Go to the doc. Had a problem with my outer knee while running and it was just (i dont know the english term) "fibula head". The doc just clicked it in and the problem was solved.

Any recommendations for a brand of creatine monohydrate? Haven't used creatine in years and decided, now that I've been on the wagon for a solid 6 months, I'll allow myself to start using creatine again.

I'm just looking for something with nothing extra added , flavorless, maybe easy to dissolve. Just whatever is the cheapest and fits that bill at GNC/my local store is good I expect, but was wanting to check-in with FitGAF.

Props to Edge for the blue raspberry bcaa recommendation. Cittruline tasted great mixed in and I had no weird side effects.

Good bye shitty OJ sugar.

Glad you like it. I am going to order the grape or orange next. It is going to be delicious.

0C621DAC-3377-4FFA-8101-5E00F9DFA557-2629-00000141B77D11B4_zpsa25d4449.jpg

900 calorie post workout meal

Who said its hard to eat lots of food ;)

That looks amazing too.

First day back to the gym. Feel great. All this eating and lifting. I love it. Cutting down to ~12% fucked up my libido =/ But I'm back babyyyyyyyyyy

Getting the itch to try Craze. I'm not big on preworkout shit but...it sure looks appealing.

Try it. If I wasn't stocked with the old Jack3d for the next 4 months i'd give it a shot myself.

My friend just sent me some A-HD, which is a mild test booster that you can buy at GNC or any supplement store . I've been taking it with my Jack3d in the AM before my workouts. Been taking it for 2 days and already feel it. I have another about 3 1/2 weeks left but if I like the results I will go on an 8 week cycle. Its suppose to harden and dry you up. So far so good.

SeanR1221

Glad you like it. I am going to order the grape or orange next. It is going to be delicious.

That looks amazing too.

First day back to the gym. Feel great. All this eating and lifting. I love it. Cutting down to ~12% fucked up my libido =/ But I'm back babyyyyyyyyyy

Yeahhhh buddy. Nothing beats Korean BBQ chicken thighs.

Time for you to bulk up to monster levels.

thomaser

Sure. Foam rolling and rubber ball massage on trigger points in your thigh and glute muscles. Stretches for those muscles also helps. As does getting a balanced strength level in your legs (if you are quad dominant, you need to train your hamstrings more and vice versa).

It's not very difficult to fix by yourself, but the massages will HURT!

That looks amazing too.

You cut all the way down to 12%? Gat damn, where did you start and how long did it take? I'm sure you already posted pics somewhere.

My goal is to hit about that by the end of October, 'cuz I'm going on a cruise and I wanna look good in my vacation pics. Gonna start doing cardio once a week in addition to lifting to try and speed things up a bit.

Yeahhhh buddy. Nothing beats Korean BBQ chicken thighs.

Time for you to bulk up to monster levels.

I love KBBQ. So goooooooood!

You cut all the way down to 12%? Gat damn, where did you start and how long did it take? I'm sure you already posted pics somewhere.

My goal is to hit about that by the end of October, 'cuz I'm going on a cruise and I wanna look good in my vacation pics. Gonna start doing cardio once a week in addition to lifting to try and speed things up a bit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71461066&postcount=324
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69142991&postcount=19324

There is a very good chance that I am not 12%. I just been measuring the same way and that is what the calculator/calipers determined my bf as. I feel that I am close to that though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Try it. If I wasn't stocked with the old Jack3d for the next 4 months i'd give it a shot myself.

My friend just sent me some A-HD, which is a mild test booster that you can buy at GNC or any supplement store . I've been taking it with my Jack3d in the AM before my workouts. Been taking it for 2 days and already feel it. I have another about 3 1/2 weeks left but if I like the results I will go on an 8 week cycle. Its suppose to harden and dry you up. So far so good.

Ill keep an eye out for A-HD. Thanks for the heads up.

It is one of those things where once you stop taking it, you lose your gains?

Guessing this is good for cooking?. Def considering getting some since dhftns has so many protein based recipes. Would probably get vanilla but white chocolate sounds delcious too.

I cook using vanilla ON all the time. Can't speak for the other ones.

What were the other sites that were linked for good protein recipes? dhftns and there were two other ones

I hope not. But looks like I will be the test subject. Keep in mind I am also eating a very clean diet. I am sure the results would be different if somebody was bulking more on this.

kk. Let me know. Interested to hear what you have to say.

Hey guys, looking for some opinions.

Ive been training at home with dumbells, barbell and a bench for the past 5 months. Ive seen some great gains but I think Ive hit a plateau with the diversity of workouts im limited to so I am now considering joining a gym.

I also fell in love with cables machines after using a hotel gym when I went on vacation.

So, Im debating between the local YMCA or Goodlife Fitness (a Canadian chain of gyms). They both have their pro's and con's. I tried out the Y on a weekly pass and really liked it. Unfortunately because they close at 11PM on weekdays I couldnt get to it after work (I work shift work sometimes). I liked the affordability of the Y, the fact Im not "locked" into a contract per se, and I liked the general diversity of the crowds which ranges from level headed gym rats to old people. Some things I didnt like were the hours, the general upkeep (the weight room was a mess at 10 pm one night) and the distance from my home.

Theres a 24hours/7 days a week Goodlife a five min walk away which is really convenient. I signed up for a consultation and 3 day trial so Im eager to compare crowds and facility. Reading online about this particular location though worries me. Its located in the heart of condo development so apparently theres alot of yuppies and post-hipsters. I also read that there are many douche bags types grunting and showing off to the ladies in LuLu Lemon pants. I also read its a smaller facilitate and during peak times you may have to wait for a machine or even a bench.

Ive also read that they are very pressure oriented to get you to sign up for additional costs which Im not interested in. I just want access to the equipment. On the positive, reviews rave about the cleanliness and advanced equipment.

What do you guys think and what ha been your experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom