• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be worried about this, or just trust the deadlift to catch up when the fast squat gains start to slow? I feel like I could go higher than I have so far with the dead but am reluctant to jump too much.

Your Deadlift will eventually catch up. Be glad both your squat and deadlifts are going up fast! I wouldn't be so afraid of increasing the weight jumps on the deadlift, since IMO it's a pretty safe lift at lower than 300# weights, but if you feel need to jump slowly, by all means do it! I know I did go careful with the deads when I was starting out.

Someone point me to some shirts that make your biceps look RIDICULOUS please. I gotta accentuate my strengths.

American Eagle shirst Small size fit my frame really well and the short sleeves get around the armz quite well (5'10" 200#).

On the same sense, GAP outlet small polos fit also quite. You should go to the mall and try them though.

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/category.jsp?catId=cat3130041

Medium Polos are way too tall and loose for me.

gyuh. i'm salivating at the thought of beachside cardio. what sports are you training for?

Used to do Football. I play intramural Flag Football now. Beach cardio is freakin awesome, but got to be careful, since there is almost always an incline in the beach, on leg joint my get more stressed than the other, so I try to do everything GO and BACK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Wolfman, I think no matter how I cut it, I'll have to try em on to be satisfied.

sphinx

the piano man
Cooter was saying we should do some kind of album with before/afters.

I definitely second that.

Everyone here that has shown before/afters that are years apart is like a completely different person, I love to see that,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I'd love a before/after album my psyche was in the garbage before I began. I actively tried to stay out of photos because it'd shock me. Shit's getting better now, but I'm not there yet.

blackflag

As much as I'd love a before/after album my psyche was in the garbage before I began. I actively tried to stay out of photos because it'd shock me. Shit's getting better now, but I'm not there yet.

Yeah that's why I barely got any pictures. I had to go to my dad's house and look through all his photos.

Jebus! Black Flag is monster!

Everyone here that has shown before/afters that are years apart is like a completely different person, I love to see that,

Down with that. It would inspire noobs, when people start out, it seems those gains are impossible.

Nice. What position do/did you play? I played WR.

lol @ sunflower's question. asking what's on everyone's minds. wolf, you have any non-collared shirt recommendations?

Played TE, but never did well enough on my younger days. I play much better now lol.

I don't do too many Tshirts. Threadless.com shirts fit me well though. More of a collared job kind of person

sphinx

the piano man

well if your muscle threads in the OT side are anything to go by, then GAF is eagerly awaiting your pics! :-D so hurry up and show 'em, go giant beast mode and scare them all, <3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to play tackle football. Nose guard. Good shit. "Just be a goddamn mess in the middle" - I can handle that.

Re: before pics - yeah my mom snapped one of me a ways back and my ex messaged me and said "you don't look like you're doing so well" which ended up in me telling her that's a shitty way to say hi, etc - then took the truth out of her words that yeah, I do look like I'm falling apart.

The statue is being sculpted and I've never felt better. Only regret is not doing this 10 years ago (33 now.)

blackflag

I used to play tackle football. Nose guard. Good shit. "Just be a goddamn mess in the middle" - I can handle that.

Re: before pics - yeah my mom snapped one of me a ways back and my ex messaged me and said "you don't look like you're doing so well" which ended up in me telling her that's a shitty way to say hi, etc - then took the truth out of her words that yeah, I do look like I'm falling apart.

The statue is being sculpted and I've never felt better. Only regret is not doing this 10 years ago (33 now.)

Yep I know that feel. I'm 38.

SeanR1221

Honestly I like the Mossimo V-neck shirts at target. 10 dolla make ya holla.

I second these. Also the gap shirt and banana republic shirts have a nice fit.

I'd be down. More Fitgaf in the OT

sphinx

the piano man
I like looking at how our clothes/hair/facial structures have changed over the years. Makes us look like bad asses rofl

Agreed,

Sean has one old pic when he was chubby and another, current one where he is sitting on some kind of throne wearing a suit and holding a cigar, (I think?, was a while ago, can't remember exactly).

I don't think he has posted them side by side but he definitely should! that would be one of the most badass before/after's around here.

edit: Good! now you know what before, afters pics you should choose :p

duxstar

That moment you realize starting strength meant adding 10 pounds a WORKOUT for squat, deadlift, and 5 for bench press/ohp instead of per week =/

Zoe

That moment you realize starting strength meant adding 10 pounds a WORKOUT for squat, deadlift, and 5 for bench press/ohp instead of per week =/

Eh, listen to your body. I'm going at a much slower pace than that with lower weights.

(though I'm a girl)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ok it's time. Maybe 10 lbs too early but whatever.

Before...don't have a good one because I hated cameras at this point. These were probably 2011 at 310-320 lbs. probably 40% + body fat.

Here is me today @ 236 aprox 14% bodyfat.
I've got about 10 more to go for my immediate goal. Not sure what I'll do at that point.

Whoa, holy fucking beast mode, that's incredible, just... incredible

Need more info, like, everything - macros, routine

EDIT - wow at Noema, absolutely epic transformation, from geek to beast, crazy! Also Sean looking awesome. Fit gaf doing good!

SeanR1221

Agreed,

Sean has one old pic when he was chubby and another, current one where he is sitting on some kind of throne wearing a suit and holding a cigar, (I think?, was a while ago, can't remember exactly).

I don't think he has posted them side by side but he definitely should! that would be one of the most badass before/after's around here.

edit: Good! now you know what before, afters pics you should choose :p

0094e7a1.jpg

To

6236FAAC-EEAC-4524-AC3E-8B112B374CEC-2932-0000016153A6B18B_zps331c7f03.jpg

Lol.

Chittagong

Gold Member

This is a great idea. I am glad I took a pic of shame when I started 7 months ago, it has provided me so much motivation seeing the difference.

Also would be cool if we had pictures of regulars in the OP. For next OT maybe?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only miss Philly soft pretzels. If I have a bad craving ill eat a pretzel dog on a cheat day.

I was a fiend for pretzels. Especially pretzels with vanilla ice cream. Goddddddddamn.

Talking about this was a mistake!

sphinx

the piano man

haha, awesome, love it.

another badass pair would Falling edge's 2010 shirtless pic where he smiles and one of the recent ones, the one where the lats are showing from behind.

bah, sucks that I am too new to this. I have my share of old pics but the transformation has barely started so I'll keep up the work and wait a bit.

jacobs34

Damn Blackflag, nice work! Keep it up man.

Also, did my first BBB workout for chest, those last two BBB sets almost killed me man, haha. Not used to the extra sets. Can't wait to see how I feel by the end of the week.

blackflag

Crazy transformation, same with the Zen Master Noema.

As for the Mossimos, what size do you get? We're about the same height and weight.

I got Large yesterday. Arm is tight but I like that. A few weeks ago I got the XL and it's a little more loose in the waist than I wanted.

Speaking of beginners and training, how long have you guys been "serious" about this?

I started in 2010 but was just fucking around. Feb 2011 is when I really started to care about my diet and lifting regiment. So I guess around 18 months for me. What about you?

Started hitting the weights in 11th grade. Got very serious in collage. Been going strong since. Been through plenty of routines throughout the years and now I am sticking to what has worked best for me for my current goals. I started to pick my game up big time in January by going all out with optimizing my nutrition. Living in NYC, I got way too accustomed to eating out all the time and going out to party 3-4 nights a week. So I scaled it back to drinking 1 night, if any at all.

TheJerit

Hey everyone. First time caller, long time listener...

Back in the gym and starting up SS since I discovered this thread. Used On Whey Gold before since it was low carb and good quality. Should I stick with On Whey or is there a better alternative nowadays? Just curious before I pull the trigger on an order. I'm all ears to any other suggestions.

I could have swore I bought a 10lb bag for like $60 something a few years ago on Amazon. Now it's about twice that so I'll stick to 5lb. Perhaps 5lb used to come in the bag, but I'm almost certain only the 10lbs do, so that must have been what I got.

Edit: been checking out Trutein. Looks pretty solid.

blackflag

since we posting pics, post-vegas beatdown. gained 3 lbs. negligible in the long run. 500 lbs deadlift, time to get there #blackflagstatus

Seriously dood, you look great. Keep at it.

Thanks man. You looking sick. I gain like 3 lbs every time I go there. It'll be gone in a week or so.

NOEMA GEEEEBUS.

Can you guys believe I'm not cut for the summer? Crazy I know. I'm gonna start cutting down. I kinda want to try a new diet plan, but I should probably just stick to what works for me. I've never tried IF though.

sphinx

the piano man
NOEMA GEEEEBUS.

Can you guys believe I'm not cut for the summer? Crazy I know. I'm gonna start cutting down. I kinda want to try a new diet plan, but I should probably just stick to what works for me. I've never tried IF though.

you arrived JUST in time for the pic party, :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone get the water hose and give Sphinx a good spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom