• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

This is one I bought yesterday. These were new ones they had and they seemed sized a little differently, bigger, so I got an L instead. I haven't washed it yet though so it might shrink.

Hm, I'll have to check out the new fits. And yes, as I expected the sleeves can't contain your arms. What's your arm measurements at these days?

sphinx

the piano man
Someone get the water hose and give Sphinx a good spray

HAHAHA, why not? in OT4 we would go in circles with legs, back, etc. I liked it, quite frankly, it was motivating. OT5 has been very well-behaved in that sense.

o.k. o.k. I am done here,

and Darth, awesome avatar.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I was just re-reading the OP, and I guess I missed a part toward the bottom of the conditioning section before. So sprinting on and off for 10-15 minutes is really better than jogging/ellipticaling for 60?

Guess I've been doing it wrong this past weekend. Would explain why I've not lost any weight. >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHA, why not? in OT4 we would go in circles with legs, back, etc. I liked it, quite frankly, it was motivating. OT5 has been very well-behaved in that sense.

o.k. o.k. I am done here,

and Darth, awesome avatar.

You know I'm just playin. :)

I was just re-reading the OP, and I guess I missed a part toward the bottom of the conditioning section before. So sprinting on and off for 10-15 minutes is really better than jogging/ellipticaling for 60?

Guess I've been doing it wrong this past weekend. Would explain why I've not lost any weight. >_>

Absolutely, but it depends on your goals. Sprinting (basically) is fucking HELL.

Zoe

It takes more than one weekend to see results...

RurouniZel

Absolutely, but it depends on your goals. Sprinting (basically) is fucking HELL.

My primary goal is to lose weight, esp. the belly fat, but that's most weight loss desire I suppose. Any muscle buildup is a bonus for me, though once I've lost the weight I may consider trying to build upper body mass. I have muscle but it's all in me legs.

It takes more than one weekend to see results...

Yeah, you're right. Sorry.

sphinx

the piano man
You know I'm just playin. :)

I did this before/after just for you.

zonzera_zps4f34b9de.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man Sphinx your transformation is already so much better than the old you. Even if you stopped now (and you aren't doing that!) you can be really, REALLY fucking happy with that.

We're all chiseling statues, some of us just started earlier and don't need much more. Fucking Wufei's av! Ridiculous!

We're all gonna make it, and you Sphinx, yes you - are doing amazing. Look at how you can see your abs separate from the rest! See the chest definition! Itshappening.gif!

sphinx

the piano man
Man Sphinx your transformation is already so much better than the old you. Even if you stopped now (and you aren't doing that!) you can be really, REALLY fucking happy with that.

We're all chiseling statues, some of us just started earlier and don't need much more. Fucking Wufei's av! Ridiculous!

We're all gonna make it, and you Sphinx, yes you - are doing amazing. Look at how you can see your abs separate from the rest! See the chest definition! Itshappening.gif!

I am still reaching a far away goal, but thanks :D

seeing everybody's before/afters is so fucking inspring. that Noema before/after hyped me up quite a bit, I admit and I maybe I do need a good spray with a water hose, haha.

thanks everybody for sharing anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Noema looks like a man who doesn't call donuts donuts, but instead insists they are called

FAUSCHNAUTS

RurouniZel

Fuck fuck fuck!

So I tried sprinting on/off. Even with doing 1min sprint/1min walk interval, I barely lasted 7 minutes.

Sorry, just frustrated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck fuck fuck!

So I tried sprinting on/off. Even with doing 1min sprint/1min walk interval, I barely lasted 7 minutes.

Sorry, just frustrated.

Sprinting is no joke. Pick a HIIT routine and go with that. Better structure

Fuck fuck fuck!

Sorry, just frustrated.

That isn't even close to as terrible as you seem to think it is, assuming sprint means "as fast as you can move." Interval training is always short.

RurouniZel

Sprinting is no joke. Pick a HIIT routine and go with that. Better structure

What is HIIT?

That isn't even close to as terrible as you seem to think it is, assuming sprint means "as fast as you can move." Interval training is always short.

Yeah it was no jog. I ran as fast as humanly possible on the treadmill (toward the end I started to move toward the middle and knew I had to stop as I couldn't reach max speed anymore). At least I'm sweaty, so I know I did something partially right.

Breathe finally recovering too.

What is HIIT?

Yeah it was no jog. I ran as fast as humanly possible on the treadmill (toward the end I started to move toward the middle and knew I had to stop as I couldn't reach max speed anymore). At least I'm sweaty, so I know I did something partially right.

High-intensity interval training. If you'd like to see some structured options for a sprints workout, you should look around on google.

RurouniZel

We have some HIIT diehards here (I don't do it) that can help with the structure of it.

high intensity interval training.

High-intensity interval training. If you'd like to see some structured options for a sprints workout, you should look around on google.

Oh okay. Thanks. I'll research that tonight and see if I can find a good one. I SERIOUSLY need to get in shape if I want to stand a chance of losing this fucking fat.

I apologize for the occasional f-bomb, I'm the sort who needs to vent so I can let it sink in and move forward. I've been failing at losing weight the last 4 years and I'm fucking done. I can't allow this to continue or I'll never feel good about my self image.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh okay. Thanks. I'll research that tonight and see if I can find a good one. I SERIOUSLY need to get in shape if I want to stand a chance of losing this fucking fat.

I apologize for the occasional f-bomb, I'm the sort who needs to vent so I can let it sink in and move forward. I've been failing at losing weight the last 4 years and I'm fucking done. I can't allow this to continue or I'll never feel good about my self image.

What were you trying to do before? Count calories? Eat less? Count nothing eat less? Binge starvation? Let us know what has not worked for you. Or is it a discipline issue?

RurouniZel

What were you trying to do before? Count calories? Eat less? Count nothing eat less? Binge starvation? Let us know what has not worked for you. Or is it a discipline issue?

First I tried counting calories but at some point out of sheer laziness I stopped. I work in a sedentary position all day, and I sit when I paint as well, so I end up snacking too much. I know that I need to better control my diet but each time I try to control my weight JUST with diet, I plateau around 215. Then I suddenly couldn't drink coffee in the morning (Cystisis) which lead to increased smacking. 6 months later I'm at 230 again and am hating myself for letting it get that far.

I need to do both. The eating is going to be a slower habit to get over, but exercise needs to happen anyway.

SeanR1221

whose bodyparts is FitGafMan made of? I forgot already

I remember there being some Darth and Alienshogun. .

is that evilore's face?? lol

Evils face, shoguns body and right arm, szus left arm and Darths wheels.

And don't sell yourself short man. You've made huge progress and you're only just beginning.

FitGaf I have a problem. I've ate 16 quest bars in the last 3 days and I haven't pooped.

What do?

I'm not sure if Quest Bars have the same issue, but don't most bars like that take a ton of water to get processed correctly? I was on a recent multi-day mountaineering trip and the head guide warned us multiple times to pack real food and not to rely on Cliff / Power bars on the trip. He said that on about the second day of eating Cliff bars you'd end up halfway up the mountain and have to pass the "Cliff log" which sounded hard enough to deal with a sea level, nevermind being roped in on a glacier.

sphinx

the piano man
And don't sell yourself short man. You've made huge progress and you're only just beginning.

thanks,

I do see and like the changes in my body but the only metric that interests me as of now is strength and there's plenty of room for improvement there.

I don't know... but breaking a PR feels better than looking at a mirror.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
thanks,

I do see and like the changes in my body but the only metric that interests me as of now is strength and there's plenty of room for improvement there.

Why not do both! Also FYI and you know it's true, others like it and that is a boost.

blackflag

I'm not sure if Quest Bars have the same issue, but don't most bars like that take a ton of water to get processed correctly? I was on a recent multi-day mountaineering trip and the head guide warned us multiple times to pack real food and not to rely on Cliff / Power bars on the trip. He said that on about the second day of eating Cliff bars you'd end up halfway up the mountain and have to pass the "Cliff log" which sounded hard enough to deal with a sea level, nevermind being roped in on a glacier.

Shouldn't be each Quest bar is 17g fiber. I'm not worried since I'm never very regular, I just want to poop before I go to the gym.

That just sounds like "they are high in fiber and will lead to copious pooping"

I guess carbs cause water retention but quest bars are much lower in carbs than clif bars.

deadbeef

thanks,

This is a great attitude to have.

I'm done with the 60% BBB cycle (well on my deload week). On to 70% next week. I may have to wear a belt for the squats - 5x10x285 squats is going to suck!

Zoe

What is HIIT?

I wouldn't recommend using the treadmill for HIIT. Takes too long to ramp up or slow down, and it could get dangerous when you're fatigued. Use a machine where you're the one driving the speed like a bike or elliptical.

blackflag

I wouldn't recommend using the treadmill for HIIT. Takes too long to ramp up or slow down, and it could get dangerous when you're fatigued. Use a machine where you're the one driving the speed like a bike or elliptical.

Yep, it's dangerous when you are trying to slow down after being so winded. I learned that lesson.

sphinx

the piano man
This is a great attitude to have.

I think many of us have gone through this.

it's like your body refuses to lift a certain weight in a certain exercise for a couple of weeks, you then plan your food, your warm-up, you carefully plan to rest one or two days before attempting again, so that a certain set of muscles have had enough rest,

then you go there and in 20 seconds you'll see if what you did was wrong or was good enough to pull through.

by the last rep, you are like in some kind of ecstasy, some kind of trance, I like to think I am casting the most powerful spell in the world, nothing can compare to that feeling, fuck the mirror.

Arnold does not lie when he says it's pretty orgasmic.

Linari

Neo Member
Speaking of beginners and training, how long have you guys been "serious" about this?

I started in 2010 but was just fucking around. Feb 2011 is when I really started to care about my diet and lifting regiment. So I guess around 18 months for me. What about you?
Hi all,

I guess this could a nice way to introduce myself. I started at age 13 ish(?) with a goal of getting 3 pull-ups for those physical tests in P.E class because most of my peers were stronger than me at the time(lol). Accomplished that goal. Kept on going through high school lifting and playing soccer, finally reach my goals on both bench and squat max my senior year (19). I got lazy for 2 years during college. I've started to pick it back up since the summer of 2012 up till now (22).

When the fall term drops, I will be frequenting the university gym most often whenever I can. Until then, I will be doing calisthenics. My diet is okay for a poor college student (too much pasta and tuna).

The routine is nothing special/serious yet. Just doing push, pull, legs and cardio exercises a day for 4 days a week until I start the term.

I'm currently 5' 6'' at 152 lbs last time I checked. Want to get to both my bench and squat max my senior year and go from there.

I try to be casual with my PR's ala Ronnie Coleman. If I make too much of a fuzz about it, I get nervous and blow it. Ain't nothing but a peanut

RurouniZel

Ah, good idea. Thank you! :D

TheJerit

pulled the trigger on some cinnabun trutein. like that it has the blend and they actually list out the amount of blend. nice, low amount of carbs as well. i heard it is some of the best tasting protein out there too, with no added sugars. if anyone else out there is looking for something similar and isn't married to their current powder (if taking any), it's worth checking out.

ACE 1991

I recently started cycling again for cardio (trying to work up to a multi day bike trip across PA in October) and am looking for a good Android app to track calories burned so I can know how much I have to eat in order to stay at my daily intake while cutting. Any suggestions?

Anyone get light-headed and cold sweats with IF? I am not even hungry in the mornings anymore after drinking coffe (black), but the cold sweats are kind of disconcerning. Hasn't affected my lifts, so color me pleased for now :)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Mammoth cheat day yesterday at Santa Cruz Boardwalk! We're talking funnel cakes, chocolate dipped ice cream cones, caramel apples, cotton candy, burgers, turkey legs, fries, and other misc stuff. Back to my usual fasting today and had a good day at the gym. Nothing earth shattering but solid numbers with decent energy.

blackflag

pulled the trigger on some cinnabun trutein. like that it has the blend and they actually list out the amount of blend. nice, low amount of carbs as well. i heard it is some of the best tasting protein out there too, with no added sugars. if anyone else out there is looking for something similar and isn't married to their current powder (if taking any), it's worth checking out.

Seriously it's the best. It's also the best to cook with. Trutein protein is amazing.

Mammoth cheat day yesterday at Santa Cruz Boardwalk! We're talking funnel cakes, chocolate dipped ice cream cones, caramel apples, cotton candy, burgers, turkey legs, fries, and other misc stuff. Back to my usual fasting today and had a good day at the gym. Nothing earth shattering but solid numbers with decent energy.

Yo, next Friday, I plan to spend all day in Santa Cruz. Any suggestions for go to places that I need to visit?

TheJerit

Seriously it's the best. It's also the best to cook with. Trutein protein is amazing.

noice. glad to hear it. never tried it so there's always a bit of trepidation, but that's put me at ease.

cooking with ey? mind me asking what you've used it for? i'm going to look up some stuff on google, but i'm curious what you or others have experience with and enjoyed. thanks again for the feedback.

Smells like sweet PR's on the evening

Squat 320x3x5 PR
Bench 190x3x5 PR
Deadlift 345x1x5
Chinups something/something/something who cares...

Anyway, my belt was too tight, I loosened it a couple notches and it was perfect. The squats felt easy. My deadlift form is getting dodgy, time to decrease the weight jumps to 10#.

I did all of this while my butt decided it was a perfectly good time to pass a crap.

Microloading plates are available!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QJ2ZOK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I will get a pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom