• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

thirded, I wanna see :D

And I don't mean I am planning to behave like an asshole and hate on whatever pics you show but I am really curious to see what is really big for you.

yeah me too. 220 sounds pretty big.

I'm 6'0 260 but I'm 19-20% bf. When I get to like 10% I'll only be 200 lbs.

Schattenjäger;51019152 said:
I'm usually on my phone so I never can
But I'm 6'2 and around 240

220 would be my ideal weight

Then drop 20 lbs?

I'm 6'2 and 238 and I want to get bigger lol. After the summer though. Time to lean out a little bit. 230 @ 12% bf would be perfect... for now.

Schattenjäger;51019941 said:
So what is your plan for leaning out? I guess I'm coming across as such a noob.

Just eat less and adjust my macros. Still lift heavy and hard. Maintain as much muscle and mass I have while losing fat. I worked too hard for my GAINZ to just lose them in a cut.

blackflag

Schattenjäger;51019941 said:
So what is your plan for leaning out? I guess I'm coming across as such a noob.

Figure out how many calories you need per day to maintain your current weight. Then eat 500 calories less than that per day.

ToxicAdam

Schattenjäger;51018429 said:
See that is def an option

What happens when you stop ? Does the muscle eventually turn to flab?
?

Look up recent pics of Barry Bonds. As long as you stay active, you will be fine.

bondsbicycle-300x269.jpg

ACE 1991

Hey guys, I have a few more questions! Is it a huge deal if my arms are a little shaky during the bench and overhead press? My form is pretty good (chest up, shoulders back on the former and chest up, elbows forward, and glutes squeezed on the latter) but I can't seem to get rid of the shaky arms. Also, I failed my deadlifts today (95kg) because of my grip. Is it time to switch to a different grip? Thanks in advance.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Went to family function, got told I look awesome.

Feels good man.

The crazy thing is last few days I've finally been noticing it myself. Hopefully it continues!

Post a pic.

240 at 6'2" doesn't sound big at all.

Imm0rt4l

Look up recent pics of Barry Bonds. As long as you stay active, you will be fine.

bondsbicycle-300x269.jpg

chemical dependency is a bitch and is the main reason I'm not interested in steroids. I'd rather attain something and have it be mine without exogenous hormones than to hop on the bike and subsequently jump off only to have all my gains diminish before my very eyes. To his credit, if he's into biking hard than he's going to have a lot of muscular atrophy regardless.

Szu

Well, personal accomplishment tonight.

A little back story. Due to past shoulder problems and small knee injuries, I gravitated away from barbell squats. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I included time in my workout. My best guess is over 7 years.

I decided to bite the bullet and get back into it today. I started off with just stretching and form checks. I decided to do ATG high bar squats.

Now, I have strong legs, but I'm not taking any chances so I start with 135. I did 10 reps and could have done more but I wanted to gauge myself. Increased to 185, did 6 reps and could still more. Decided to go up to 225 and I got another quick 6 reps. I was tempted to got up to 275, but I decided that was enough for my "first" time.

I still continued with my regular leg routines.

Felt good, but I know I could have done more because my legs aren't jelly.

Mully

Squatted 255 ATG for 10 reps today.

Felt good to keep my form together as I struggled, but finally got my 10th rep. No better feeling than to realize you just kicked your ass.

Szu

That sounds like you need entrance music and pyros whenever you walk into a room.

kylej

Banned
Just invested in my first ever pair of weightlifting shoes (Rogues). Looking forward to seeing if they make a difference considering I don't do Oly lifts.

Imm0rt4l

Apparently bodybuilder Nasser El-Sonbaty died today. Cause of death was apparently malaria (exacerbated by liver/kidney damage). He was supposedly GH15, bodybuilding insider who put fake natural bodybuilders on blast, whether his claims had merit, I dunno.

balddemon

Banned
I disagree. Especially "big" to the point of being "too big."
Body type, frame, genetics all play a role in how someone looks at a certain weight. Tbh, "too big" is a matter of opinion, and imo 6'2" 240 is too big. Whatever.

I wish I was 10 pounds heavier in my upper body but it's not gonna happen anytime soon lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Body type, frame, genetics all play a role in how someone looks at a certain weight. Tbh, "too big" is a matter of opinion, and imo 6'2" 240 is too big. Whatever.

I wish I was 10 pounds heavier in my upper body but it's not gonna happen anytime soon lol.

IMO you aren't "big" until you look like your shoulders are boulders, your traps are mountains and your chest is/are fucking clouds.

Also, if you don't have to go to a specialty store for clothes, you aren't too big.

abuC

Just got back from the gym, did chest / triceps and some rehab & very light shoulder presses. My chest is already a good size (49") but I feel like the decline is really making things tighter, been doing volume with it and did 255lbs 10 sets, for 10 reps. The last 3 sets I could only hit 8 reps each but still felt good.

I spot a guy at my gym that's 240+ 6'2". He benches 500.

There's some 185lb guy at my gym repping 435, he asked me for a spot and all I could think to myself was "really? you're gonna move this weight" then he banged out 5 reps.

Imm0rt4l

Just got back from the gym, did chest / triceps and some rehab & very light shoulder presses. My chest is already a good size (49") but I feel like the decline is really making things tighter, been doing volume with it and did 255lbs 10 sets, for 10 reps. The last 3 sets I could only hit 8 reps each but still felt good.

There's some 185lb guy at my gym repping 435, he asked me for a spot and all I could think to myself was "really? you're gonna move this weight" then he banged out 5 reps.

That is fucking ridiculous.

Cagey

Banned
Macadamia nuts to fill out my cutting diet with enough fats has been a great idea.

Except for the fact I used to house one of these bottles every time I visited my grandma, and I'm having to eat 1/6th every time instead. Brokenhearted, need Restraint pls.

Husker86

So I have a decent setup at my house for barbell stuff. I workout 3 or 4 times a week. My current routine is:

Alternating...

Flat Bench/Squat days:
-Flat Bench
-Squat

Incline Bench/Deadlift days:
-Incline bench
-Deadlift

On all days I do the extras I can:
-EZ bar skullcrushers/curls
-Pull-ups
-Shrugs
-Close with 1 set of push ups until I can't do anymore

Am I holding myself back a lot by not separating body sections on different days, and/or by doing chest too much a week? I used to do squat/deadlift on the same day (and flat/incline bench on the same day) but I didn't like that I could never really see my max in my second exercise (which were deadlift and incline).

I just feel if I had a "leg only" day, I wouldn't be able to do a whole lot since I don't have machines and such.

abuC

You could even say unbelievable.

435x5 puts you at around 500, 50lbs off the highest raw multiplier ever and the 181 world record. Cieri hit 529 raw at 198, one of the best benchers in the world.

I'll take video the next time he's there, he'll undoubtedly be doing bench. Also, I need to mention that this is a new gym, and unlike my previous gym I have absolutely no doubt a decent amount of people are on roids. I made a post before that I have never seen this many parachute pants, back acne and fanny packs before at my old gym (New York Sports Club).

Mully

Been mulling it over the past few days, and I've come to the decision to change to a 3 day split after this cycle.

I'd like to add a few more rest and conditioning days to my routine without getting in the way of the four main lifts.

entremet

So I have a decent setup at my house for barbell stuff. I workout 3 or 4 times a week. My current routine is:

Alternating...

Flat Bench/Squat days:
-Flat Bench
-Squat

-Incline bench
-Deadlift

-Pull-ups
-Shrugs

Am I holding myself back a lot by not separating body sections on different days, and/or by doing chest too much a week? I used to do squat/deadlift on the same day (and flat/incline bench on the same day) but I didn't like that I could never really see my max in my second exercise (which were deadlift and incline).

I just feel if I had a "leg only" day, I wouldn't be able to do a whole lot since I don't have machines and such.

Why don't you just do accessories after your big lifts? You don't need a leg only day to be honest.

I'd remove the incline and replace it with a overhead press. You're missing a vertical pressing movement.

Noema

Every day is leg day.

Alternating...

Flat Bench/Squat days:
-Flat Bench
-Squat

-Incline bench
-Deadlift

-Pull-ups
-Shrugs

Just do SS.

ACE 1991

Hey guys, I have a few more questions! Is it a huge deal if my arms are a little shaky during the bench and overhead press? My form is pretty good (chest up, shoulders back on the former and chest up, elbows forward, and glutes squeezed on the latter) but I can't seem to get rid of the shaky arms. Also, I failed my deadlifts today (95kg) because of my grip. Is it time to switch to a different grip? Thanks in advance.

Any input? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom