• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

So I felt some cravings again and I found a meeting that had some cookies and brownies.

I should also point out that I will only use my "Chew and Discard" method on food that I didn't purchase.

I found an empty bathroom. I started to "eat" them, but they were still chewy and tasty. Oh-uh.

However, I still fought the urge to swallow the chocolaty goodness. As I discard the chewy contents into the trash, I realize that it's color and consistency is very similar to diarrhea.

Then, I tried to imagine the situation from the perspective of the cleaning crew. Walking into a bathroom with you supplies. You start to clean up. Then, you look in the trash to find a nice surprise.

I decided to cover it up by throwing some paper towels in the trash. However, this has given me a great idea for a future prank.

I really need to grow up.

Szu

I'm a weighted dip man myself. It's like having 135 lb balls swinging underneath you.

1382117948_0b22b6535e.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I felt some cravings again and I found a meeting that had some cookies and brownies.

I should also point out that I will only use my "Chew and Discard" method on food that I didn't purchase.

I found an empty bathroom. I started to "eat" them, but they were still chewy and tasty. Oh-uh.

However, I still fought the urge to swallow the chocolaty goodness. As I discard the chewy contents into the trash, I realize that it's color and consistency is very similar to diarrhea.

Then, I tried to imagine the situation from the perspective of the cleaning crew. Walking into a bathroom with you supplies. You start to clean up. Then, you look in the trash to find a nice surprise.

I decided to cover it up by throwing some paper towels in the trash. However, this has given me a great idea for a future prank.

Oh christ, you just spit out diarrhea. Which you'd no doubt get if you had swallowed them. You sort of dodged a bullet. Sort of. And my god what person would shit a...a...ugh...it'd be all in...oh lord.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Took some pics.

196lbs today

BF fluctuates big time from work, although I just had lunch at the time 2 massive egg sandwiches and 1.5L water + 2 scoops of whey.

Routine is super lazy lately cgbp + pendlay row +BS or FS once a week and RDL or DL once a month. DB shoulder press maybe every two weeks depending how RCs feel, sometimes I'll hit the 110s full rom for about 7-8reps. FS is getting back up to ~400 for doubles/triples.

entremet

340lb 25 times--5x5 on squats and my ass is on fire today.

At least that indicates my form is getting better. I'm a crappy squatter.

Took some pics.

196lbs today

BF fluctuates big time from work, although I just had lunch at the time 2 massive egg sandwiches and 1.5L water + 2 scoops of whey.

Routine is super lazy lately cgbp + pendlay row +BS or FS once a week and RDL or DL once a month. DB shoulder press maybe every two weeks depending how RCs feel, sometimes I'll hit the 110s full rom for about 7-8reps. FS is getting back up to ~400 for doubles/triples.

you are just a giant slab of mass.

lolololol.

Man, if food goes in my mouth, it sure isn't coming back out.

#TeamSwallow

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hey, can you guys recommend me some really good wrist wraps? Since spraining my wrist and all that I think I'm SOL doing any pressing exercises like push ups or handstands without a wrap for a good long while. I'm going back to the doc next week to hopefully remove my wrist brace, but if I wanna continue working out I think I'll need a really good wrap that is flexible enough for lots of different movements.

abuC

Had a great back/shoulders workout today, but my shoulders right now are the equivalent of a big block chevy 454 that is only putting out 100hp, all show no go right now.

Call me Brogyver -

IMAG0027_zps80e44980.jpg

This gym has everything but a t-bar row with just the bar, they have the chest supported t-bar rows but I feel that you can cheat using those. Szu, that sounds like torture man lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So yeah, that orange spiced protein cake ended up being good, so long as you take it for what it really is and don't let "cake" fool you.

Need to find more of those recipes.

What's the benefit of t-bar rows over say, bent-over rows?

One is not better than the other IMO. Preference may dictate though.

I prefer pendlay rows personally. I feel they hit more of the back overall. T-bar rows feel like they hit more of the upper back for me.

abuC

What's the benefit of t-bar rows over say, bent-over rows?

Well I do all 3 rows, t-bar/pendlay and bent over, I go heavy with pendlays and sometimes with T-bars, and do a lot of reps with bent over rows. On power days I'll throw in some extra heavy DB rows as well, I figure you can't go wrong doing all types of rows.

Sallokin

Took some pics.

196lbs today

Dude, wow. I'm 196 and I look NOTHING like this. I need to hurry up and finish losing all this fatttttt.

Mully

I forgot I was on a cut tonight after writing a few articles and a paper after work.

I popped three pieces of chocolate into my mouth. As I was chewing them, the realization came suddenly. I was caught. What ever could I do? I already chewed. They were tilting on the cliff of my mouth looking over and seeing the long, narrow, path to my stomach. I had a decision to make, but fate made it for me. The melted chocolate slowly cascaded downwards.

I screamed. The thought of ruining the disciplined diet created piecemeal by many members of FITGAF crept in, as the panic faded away. I became cold and heartless. Depressed.

There was only one thing I could do: make carb recovery day, today.

OMG...someone else knows about Funny Farm?

Not all of us are hipsters man.

Took some pics.

196lbs today

Looking tough bro nice shots.
Do all of you guys just take these pictures in the gym locker room after your workout? Come on fellas

SeanR1221

My fiancé came home with a box of apple pie quest bars :-o

I also ordered 4 pounds of PB2 from amazon. Stuff is a life saver when you're cutting and want a protein shake.

Aww. Yiss.

Mutha. Fucking. Decline Bench.

I really do love it a lot!

Ive told you this before but screw Decline. I even gave it another shot after your success story and I hated it even more than usual. Only exercise that feels likes its working out nothing. I can lift a lot on it though which I guess is a silver lining.

abuC

Ive told you this before but screw Decline. I even gave it another shot after your success story and I hated it even more than usual. Only exercise that feels likes its working out nothing. I can lift a lot on it though which I guess is a silver lining.

Hatin on decline? You don't have the glow yet.

I found this this really interesting
question said:
If you had to start all over from scratch, what sort of routine would you do as an absolute beginner?

GovSchwarzenegger said:
I would do basically the same thing I did.

The only thing I would change in a perfect world is I would add the training I couldn't do, because of the lack of equipment. I would add much more direct calf, rear delt, and hamstring work. We didn't have machines for those things in Graz. It was all barbells and dumbbells, which was great but not the best for bodybuilding.

That training was a blessing, though. It's why I was able to get so big. Plus, I was strong and my body was ready for the isolation stuff by the time I got to Munich and had that equipment.

zychi

Banned
Weird question for fit-gaf. Do you guys use one brand of deodarant? Or two types, one for casual and for lifting? I use right guard and the shit is great for my bball and lifting,but it destorys my regular shirts with yellow pit stains. I tested old spice and generic speed stick with "no stains!" And was just curious what other fit freaks use

Weird question for fit-gaf. Do you guys use one brand of deodarant? Or two types, one for casual and for lifting? I use right guard and the shit is great for my bball and lifting,but it destorys my regular shirts with yellow pit stains. I tested old spice and generic speed stick with "no stains!" And was just curious what other fit freaks use

I use the right guard spray and I can confirm it ruins my white undershirts. The upside is I get to buy unstretched out undershirts more often.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Speaking of shits... So I have started cutting this week and have noticed I am not shitting as much .. I used to shit 2/3 times a day... Now im lucky if i shit once a day..Is this good or bad?
Less waste? Does frequency of shits say anything about metabolism?

rando14

Schattenjäger;52856550 said:
Speaking of shits... So I have started cutting this week and have noticed I am not shitting as much .. I used to shit 2/3 times a day... Now im lucky if i shit once a day..Is this good or bad?

This is normal.

I could use some legit advice here guys. Since I can't do any straight arm exercises like bicep curls/tricep kickbacks I'm looking to skirt around on not working out my arms for two weeks straight. I feel so limited. Tonight I did my legs,chest and abs.

Petrie

Banned
Hit the gym this morning and did deadlifts and other back stuffs, then met my buddy tonight after work for 30 minutes of cardio. My legs feel dead. They literally do not feel functional.

Glad I gave my shifts tomorrow away so I could watch the Cuse game instead. Damn.

Chest in the morning too. Fuck.

rando14

I could use some legit advice here guys. Since I can't do any straight arm exercises like bicep curls/tricep kickbacks I'm looking to skirt around on not working out my arms for two weeks straight. I feel so limited. Tonight I did my legs,chest and abs.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here

Hit the gym this morning and did deadlifts and other back stuffs, then met my buddy tonight after work for 30 minutes of cardio. My legs feel dead. They literally do not feel functional.

Glad I gave my shifts tomorrow away so I could watch the Cuse game instead. Damn.

Chest in the morning too. Fuck.

Wait your legs are borked after a back day?

Uh oh. Is this DOMS or something else?

Petrie

Banned
dead lifts = dead hamstrings

This. Plus being on my feet all day, followed by cardio involving the stairmaster and staitionary bike.

He's actually had me on the stairmaster most days this week, which has made recovery from squats on Monday a bit slow. Need to vary the cardio more.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Schattenjäger;52856550 said:

2/3 times per day!? What!?

I shit like once every 2-3 days lol. I can't imagine having to be in the bathroom that often. How often do you piss on top of that?

Big-E

2/3 times per day!? What!?

I shit like once every 2-3 days lol. I can't imagine having to be in the bathroom that often. How often do you piss on top of that?

I shit 2-3 times a day too. I can't imagine only going every 2-3 days. Sometimes when travelling on long road trips I get constipated and I feel like death if I can't go at least once a day.

balddemon

Banned
when I was on painkillers over the last month I didn't shit for 3, 4, or even 5 days at a time. now I'm pretty regular 1-2 times a day lol.

once every 2-3 days sounds abnormal. get on that metamucil.

Caramello

I use Driclor. I apply it once a week and it stops all underarm perspiration completely.

No need for deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom