• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

MwU03mV.jpg

Why is Goetze wearing Crystal Palace jersey?

El Topo

Reus won't come but after our recent signings how can we still be called penny pinchers?

What's your player with the highest wages, Özil? What's he making, €8.5m? That's not much on the grand scale. You're willing to spend money on transfers, but I can't see you completely shatter your wage structure to get Reus.

Lightning

Banned
What's your player with the highest wages, Özil? What's he making, €8.5m? That's not much on the grand scale. You're willing to spend money on transfers, but I can't see you completely shatter your wage structure to get Reus.
After bonuses Özil earns over 10m per season. The 8.5 is base wage but a lot of Arsenal's players get bonuses. Geoff Arsenal, Tim Payton and Dean have all confirmed Özil earns close to 200K after bonuses.

El Topo

After bonuses Özil earns over 10m per season. The 8.5 is base wage but a lot of Arsenal's players get bonuses. Geoff Arsenal, Tim Payton and Dean have all confirmed Özil earns close to 200K after bonuses.

Still not sure if they'd be willing to pay Reus what he could get elsewhere, but that's honestly more than I was expecting.

Carbonox

One of my best mates is playing in the FA Cup on Saturday. Albeit he plays for Baldock Town which is a minor league team but to be able to do that must be an awesome feeling.

34 Os, really?

really?

Kojima is a special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special special talent

Elchele

somehow now I feel better about Gotze's salary.

Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand and Giggs all left in a single summer, so yes.

Rooney has been misguided by his representation, and they got what they wanted. I've never once thought he wasn't trying even in his worst performances. He's in good shape, his form was good last season and he'll almost certainly start every game he's fit for.

The "one club player" doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Good shape shouldn't earn him praise. That's his fucking job as a footballer. I don't see Kagawa, Januzaj, Welbeck, etc... getting praised for being in good shiape.

Hitcher you clearly don't watch enough Madrid games, Ronaldo is as good as a dribbler as ever.

Ronaldo3_original_original.gif

He's the perfect footballer. You lot are just premfacing, as usual.

No he isn't as good at dribbling. You probably didn't watch Ronaldo at United regularly. That gif is shit compared to what he used to do. He has his moments in Madrid, but that's nothing compared to what he used to do at United. He's just a far better goal scorer at Madrid now. Fair enough, he changed his playing style to become more efficient, but he's less exciting to watch now.

Tobinishi

I don't want Tiote anywhere near Arsenal

Absolutely agree. The only time he should play at the Emirates is when we trash Newcastle :p

Btw I just had a look and my post about Asteras Tripolis a few pages ago led to some discussion about me as an football hipster ;). I didn't want to attack someone and my post was stupid, I apologize especially to Sviatoslav. Asteras Tripolis is still a decent team (they finished 3rd in 2012/13) but i agree that i probably overestimate them a little bit.

Salvadora

Absolutely agree. The only time he should play at the Emirates is when we trash Newcastle :p

Btw I just had a look and my post about Asteras Tripolis a few pages ago led to some discussion about me as an football hipster ;). I didn't want to attack someone and my post was stupid, I apologize especially to Sviatoslav. Asteras Tripolis is still a decent team (they finished 3rd in 2012/13) but i agree that i probably overestimate them a little bit.
since you're a Greek football aficionado :p, what do you think of Manolas?

Tobinishi

since you're a Greek football aficionado :p, what do you think of Manolas?

Not really a Greek Football expert, i just watch a lot of "smaller" leagues in general due to my job. But I think that we (Arsenal) need to buy a centreback as soon as possible and I would take Manolas immediately even though I would prefer Höwedes because he could play several positions.

Btw is there a Neogaf Fantasy League?

Good shape shouldn't earn him praise. That's his fucking job as a footballer. I don't see Kagawa, Januzaj, Welbeck, etc... getting praised for being in good shiape.

No he isn't as good at dribbling. You probably didn't watch Ronaldo at United regularly. That gif is shit compared to what he used to do. He has his moments in Madrid, but that's nothing compared to what he used to do at United. He's just a far better goal scorer at Madrid now. Fair enough, he changed his playing style to become more efficient, but he's less exciting to watch now.
Link him to that "The Proof" compilation.

Best Ronald.

Salvadora

Not really a Greek Football expert, i just watch a lot of "smaller" leagues in general due to my job. But I think that we (Arsenal) need to buy a centreback as soon as possible and I would take Manolas immediately even though I would prefer Höwedes because he could play several positions.

Btw is there a Neogaf Fantasy League?
Yes, there is.

I've put it in this post and it's also the first one when you quote the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom