• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Oh yeah, obviously a single preseason match is not indicative of the performance during the season. Just saying Real could certainly use a (more proven) goalkeeper.

Lunar FC

Yeah. I was talking about the official app.

It does everything you need it to do and has some nice little features. It's some bullshit that you have to pay for it so make sure you're actually gonna get use out of it before hand.

Had to go out of town this weekend and was searching all over for a place near the hotel that is showing the United game. Found a place that will be open at 7:45 am and it's only half a mile away. My body is ready for prem.
Im in the same boat except none of my friends want to get up that early and go somewhere. :/

Turok_TTZ

Oh yeah, obviously a single preseason match is not indicative of the performance during the season. Just saying Real could certainly use a (more proven) goalkeeper.
Since when was De Gea more proven? If its by playing for bigger club, go see yourself out the door right now. Navas is one of la liga's more proven talents and i trust la liga quality over the donkey league that is the EPL.

Navas showed a very good account for himself with his nation and his previous club. You don't get more proven than showing up in bigggest tourney that was wc and he hasnt seen much game time since joining madrid.

Having said that, i rather us roll with casilla and navas and leave de gea at manutd.

Casilla impresses me most. No need for de gea when we got two capable gks.

De gea interest is only for two factors and neither of which are because of his quality: Spanish international. Younger than both kiko and keylor. Thats it.

Jarnet87

Had to go out of town this weekend and was searching all over for a place near the hotel that is showing the United game. Found a place that will be open at 7:45 am and it's only half a mile away. My body is ready for prem.

bjaelke

tumblr_n7wzm8VTwF1qaorn7o1_400.gif

Is the mobile app for Fantasy epl worth it?
It's one of those nice to have apps. I purchased it since I travel a lot, but it wont add much value if you always have a computer nearby.
I'm such an idiot... Yeah I'll work till 2!

Now I have to record the game.

My shift doesn't end for another 12 hours. Luckily we got several spare TV sets at work, so I just have to fiddle with some cabling and it should be possible to see the matches live.

Wes

venison crêpe
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Manchester City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Swansea
8. Southampton
9. Stoke
10. Crystal Palace
11. Everton
12. Newcastle
13. West Brom
14. West Ham
15. Norwich
16. Aston Villa
17. Sunderland
18. Watford
19. Bournemouth
20. Leicester

Good luck to everyone's teams this season!

Since when was De Gea more proven? If its by playing for bigger club, go see yourself out the door right now. Navas is one of la liga's more proven talents and i trust la liga quality over the donkey league that is the EPL.

Navas showed a very good account for himself with his nation and his previous club. You don't get more proven than showing up in bigggest tourney that was wc and he hasnt seen much game time since joining madrid.

Having said that, i rather us roll with casilla and navas and leave de gea at manutd.

De gea interest is only for two factors and neither of which are because of his quality: Spanish international. Younger than both kiko and keylor. Thats it.

De Gea was basically the difference between Man Utd finishing 4th, and finishing 7th. He's a fantastic keeper, and will only get better.

bjaelke

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) United
4) City
5) Liverpool
6) Tottenham
7) Stoke
8) Everton
9) Southampton
10) Swansea
11) Crystal Palace
12) West Brom
13) West Ham
14) Norwich
15) Sunderland
16) Aston Villa
17) Newcastle
18) Leicester
19) Bournemouth
20) Watford

Lunar FC

Be sure to get your epl predictions in before the season begins.

Super excited for the first day even though im forced to watch on my phone with shitty hotel wifi.

SHarris78

Good morning all footy lovers!!

First day of the new PL season, first shock incoming as the mighty Swans do a number on Jose and pals.

pappe

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Manchester City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Swansea
8. Southampton
9. Stoke
10. Crystal Palace
11. Everton
12. Newcastle
13. West Brom
14. West Ham
15. Norwich
16. Aston Villa
17. Sunderland
18. Watford
19. Bournemouth
20. Leicester

Good luck to everyone's teams this season!

Hope West Ham does well.. They have done good business.

Gonna try and avoid everything football orientated the match will record then I have to go shopping and finally watch the game afterwards.

DBT85

Am I the only one who thinks that Football Thread isn't active as before it was stopped?

No.

But then probably half of the old members got banned either by accident or on purpose and now are elsewhere.

Would have been nice to be allowed to have this thread in with the genpop for a week to get some new members, but we are...under scrutiny.

Moobabe

FIFA is honestly the worst football game in the entire world ever.

I don't understand why people buy, play and hail this piece of trash as good.

Is the mobile app for Fantasy epl worth it?
I used it a lot. The best part that somewhat justifies the cost is that you'll get notiifcations about the end of gameweeks, double gameweeks for certain teams and when tables are updated etc.

Anyone watching Man Utd vs Spurs in 4K on BT Sport? (I'm not just to be clear)

[EDIT -
FIFA is honestly the worst football game in the entire world ever.

I don't understand why people buy, play and hail this piece of trash as good.
FIFA pre FIFA 08 was the hottest of garbage.

FIFA these days might be infuriating and frustrating, but it's at least solid.]

TeddyBoy

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Manchester United
6. Spurs
7. Southampton
8. Swansea
9. Stoke
10. Everton
11. Newcastle
12. Crystal Palace
13. West Ham
14. West Brom
15. Norwich
16. Bournemouth
17. Sunderland
18. Aston Villa
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Looking forward to Spurs beating United later ;)

Moobabe

FIFA pre FIFA 08 was the hottest of garbage.

FIFA these days might be infuriating and frustrating, but it's at least solid.]

Solid what? People sprinting for 90 minutes, never getting tired, every player capable of performing tricks, speed and strength the only indicators of whether a player is good or not?

Honestly I don't see how people who watch and enjoy football can suffer this garbage.

Solid what? People sprinting for 90 minutes, never getting tired, every player capable of performing tricks, speed and strength the only indicators of whether a player is good or not?

Honestly I don't see how people who watch and enjoy football can suffer this garbage.
It's an 'arcade' style of the game and that's what the masses want, really. Even when PES was at its simulation best, it never sold in the numbers FIFA did unfortunately.

There are some really shoddy football games from the 8 and 16 bit era that would fill a worst ever list well ahead of modern day FIFA!

That said, I haven't bought FIFA myself for about 3 or 4 years so I don't think it's the bees knees or anything. Calling it the worst ever is a bit harsh.

El Topo

FIFA 97 is still the highpoint.

Didn't specifically think of De Gea actually. That said, De Gea has shown that he is quite good in a good league. I don't think he is the greatest goalkeeper out there, but from what I've seen I think he'd do a better job than Navas. Then again, I'm unfair to Navas right now, so let's just wait. Anyway, I doubt goalkeeping will be Real's biggest problem.

As soon as the focus of FIFA became Ultimate Team, it has been all down hill. So many features arbitrarily pulled one year, re-added another. When they know all people are going to be doing is spending money to make their team better to beat their mates, they don't have to work about tuning shit other than how to more efficiently take micro transactions.

Whatever, not gonna get bummed out about shit video games, it is season opener day. Wooooooooooooooooooo! I don't get to watch it live, but I will probably binge watch at least three matches later tonight when I am back home. Come on Depay!

bjaelke

Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Memphis, Schneiderlin; Mata, Rooney, Young

Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (c), Davies, Bentaleb, Dier, Chadli, Eriksen, Dembele, Kane

TeddyBoy

United vs Spurs.

Manchester United
20 Romero
36 Darmian
12 Smalling
17 Blind
23 Shaw
28 Schneiderlin
16 Carrick
18 Young
08 Mata
10 Rooney
07 Depay

Tottenham Hotspur
13 Vorm
02 Walker
04 Alderweireld
05 Vertonghen
33 Davies
15 Dier
06 Bentaleb
22 Chadli
23 Eriksen
19 Dembélé
10 Kane

Well, I guess that is what happens when you don't sign any new center backs. Just got to keep the pressure going forward and we should be good.....hahah who am I kidding. We will be leaking goals for sure, just hopefully we score more than Kane. You can't buy a player during halftime right?

Edit: Are Memphis and Shaw both on the left? That way they can at least beam-form their bro love.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oh man I'm so hyped up right now and I'm not even a supporter of either team!

FOOTBALL IS ALIVE AGAIN!

Nothing like coming home from work and forgetting about the bullshit with some Houblon Chouffe, OG Kush, and the most entertaining league in the world.

Yay, football.

Top 4 in England is more locked down than it has been in my football-watching life.

Liverpool also seem super locked down for 5th.

But fuck it, let's go cunts. Bentekkers for 20 goals.

In other news, PES around PES6 was amazing. Fifa is lowest common denominator rubbish ;)

Lakitu

st5fu
Is asking for streams on here a bannable offense?

Don't misinterpret that question as asking for a stream pls..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom