• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
he deleted his instagram,stopped posting to twitter and returned to cobham to train at chelsea but i doubt Conte will do the same as last season and let him get away with it yet again, he has been warned too many times.
Chelsea will wait until deadline day and he will be sold.
I will miss him in the league to be honest, he did go overboard one or two times but he was hugely entertaining and last season he was well behaved on the pitch 90% of the time.

He'll be home soon

diego-costa-atletico-madrid-2014_1a8z4p5czbuxu1grhuy9mxm8xt.jpg

Hopefully

Syder

'Virgil van Dijk has requested a transfer to Liverpool'

*clicks ask van Dijk to sack agent*

latest

"You wanted something?"

"I think it's time you consider dropping your agent. I'm not convinced he's doing the best by you."

"It's interesting you mention this as I've been thinking the same thing recently. It can't be a coincidence. I think maybe it's the best thing for my career if I let him go."

*Exit*

Easy.

MoodyFog

'Virgil van Dijk has requested a transfer to Liverpool'

*clicks ask van Dijk to sack agent*

latest

"You wanted something?"

"I think it's time you consider dropping your agent. I'm not convinced he's doing the best by you."

"It's interesting you mention this as I've been thinking the same thing recently. It can't be a coincidence. I think maybe it's the best thing for my career if I let him go."

*Exit*

Easy.

Lmao

Beefy

http://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-bid-to-force-move-to-liverpool-36072457.html

VVD has changed his agent. Last roll of the dice, I guess.

Southampton are mental to turn down like £70m if LFC would offer it. For a player who is clearly poisoning the well. That's like a 1/3 of what this investment firm have paid for their 80% stake. Turning that down is just scarily shit business.

How is it scarily shit business? Just because you want him to join Liverpool? It's about taking a stand against player power. Saints will still get a big fee next season.

------------------

Quote from the article:
The Dutch defender signed a new six-year deal with Southampton last summer, which included a clause that would ensure he would not move for at least TWO years.
Dude is a fucking idiot if this is true.

Beefy

SkyKaveh says West Ham are reviewing the management of Bilic. Also West Ham like Benitez.

Benitez has a £5m release clause.

MikeBison

How is it scarily shit business? Just because you want him to join Liverpool? It's about taking a stand against player power. Saints will still get a big fee next season.

------------------

Quote from the article:

Dude is a fucking idiot if this is true.

Because who buys a business for £200m+ and then has a chance to instantly make back £70m on an asset that doesn't want to be there any more and could effect the performance of those around him?

Beefy

Because who buys a business for £200m+ and then has a chance to instantly make back £70m on an asset that doesn't want to be there any more and could effect the performance of those around him?

Or keep him for a year etc and then sell him for £50m. Saints will not lose much money on selling him now unless he goes on strike all season. Which would mean he won't be going to the World Cup next year. As I said at the start of this, it is all about who breaks first. I cannot see Saints breaking this window.

As for the new owner, he even said before take over (80% of club) he would not be selling Van Dijk.

Audioboxer

SkyKaveh says West Ham are reviewing the management of Bilic. Also West Ham like Benitez.

Benitez has a £5m release clause.

After 3 games? Fuck off West Ham. Bilic should be getting 7~10 games. Unless he wants to leave too.

I mean two more 3 or 4 nil thumpings and at 5 losses, okay, getting hot. However, he should still be getting closer to 10 games in charge.

Benitez shouldn't backstab Newcastle this year, even with Mike Ashley being a thundercunt. Keep Newcastle in the Prem League and if Ashley isn't gone spread your wings next season.

Audioboxer

I hate West Ham but he isn't a good manager tbh

Payet carried him

He isn't that great, no, but he has Prem League experience. Watch West Ham now go and chew through a load of foreign managers.

Talent aside, I still think it's far more respectful to give him a decent amount of games. I post a lot of banter in here, but 3 games is genuinely absolutely nothing.

Kyoufu

After 3 games? Fuck off West Ham. Bilic should be getting 7~10 games. Unless he wants to leave too.

I mean two more 3 or 4 nil thumpings and at 5 losses, okay, getting hot. However, he should still be getting closer to 10 games in charge.

Benitez shouldn't backstab Newcastle this year, even with Mike Ashley being a thundercunt. Keep Newcastle in the Prem League and if Ashley isn't gone spread your wings next season.

I agree with this. Hope Rafa stays for the season at least. It's too late in the transfer window to make Wet Spam any better :p

Syder

That's why it's bullshit. We won't play our first home game until September 11th.

Why bother rushing Benitez in now? He won't have enough time to make his signings.

MikeBison

Or keep him for a year etc and then sell him for £50m. Saints will not lose much money on selling him now unless he goes on strike all season. Which would mean he won't be going to the World Cup next year. As I said at the start of this, it is all about who breaks first. I cannot see Saints breaking this window.

As for the new owner, he even said before take over (80% of club) he would not be selling Van Dijk.

Not much money except for £20 million. And the several million in wages paid during a year he can't be arsed. I get the impression he doesn't care much about the World Cup. Only played a handful of times for the Netherlands and there's a good chance they don't quality anyway.

Seen a lot of saints fans talking about making a stand etc. As if it's some noble cause that defeats player power and a movie will be made about it. Nah, player power has already won this window. Siggurdson, Dembele, Neymar to an extent albeit different circumstances. Maybe still sanchez and coutinho, Plus some more.

VVD has arguably gone more nuclear than all of them.

Easy to talk about keeping him and letting him rot etc when it's not your money. Tens of millions of it.

West Ham should stick with Bilic. Maybe bring in another goalkeeper because Joe Hart sucks.

What west ham really needs is decent central midfielders imo. Looking at their squad, their midfield is so average. Don't get me wrong Joe Hart does suck but he isn't like an urgent thing that needs fixing.

Beefy

Not much money except for £20 million. And the several million in wages paid during a year he can't be arsed. I get the impression he doesn't care much about the World Cup. Only played a handful of times for the Netherlands and there's a good chance they don't quality anyway.

Seen a lot of saints fans talking about making a stand etc. As if it's some noble cause that defeats player power and a movie will be made about it. Nah, player power has already won this window. Siggurdson, Dembele, Neymar to an extent albeit different circumstances. Maybe still sanchez and coutinho, Plus some more.

VVD has arguably gone more nuclear than all of them.

Easy to talk about keeping him and letting him rot etc when it's not your money. Tens of millions of it.

I have been saying for time I would sell him, Owners and the board don't agree with me and both are saying he isn't for sale and they are making a stand, They are the ones who money it is and who are in charge all I can do is go along with it. At the end of the day £20m isn't that much in prem terms these days.

MikeBison

I have been saying for time I would sell him, Owners and the board don't agree with me and both are saying he isn't for sale, All i can do is go alone with it. £20m is nothing in the Prem these days

I can guarantee you that £20m is still a lot to Southampton. Have they even bought a player worth more than that during this window? In fact, I don't think Southampton have EVER spent more than £20m.

Of course he's not for sale. How often is a player advertised as for sale. He's not for sale right up until the moment that he is.

Edit: also, the last time they spoke they said he wasn't for sale, unless an extraordinary offer came in. Say...a world record transfer for a defender?

Zasa

This international break should be pretty good. Apart from Chile, can't wait to see Uruguay vs Argentina. Big match for Sampaoli, & will hopefully see Dybala play alongside Messi.

Four matches left, & the relevant standings are:
Brazil 33 points(already qualified)
Colombia 24 points
Uruguay 23 points
Chile 23 points
Argentina 22 points
Ecuador 20 points
Peru 18 points
Paraguay 18 points

Top 4 qualifying automatically, & 5th place has to go through the play-off match. Realistically, I think it'll end up being the top 5 as it stands. Since Peru, Paraguay & Ecuador all face the top 5 teams three times. Chile's toughest match remaining is vs Brazil btw.

Should be interesting how it all pans out, still extremely close & some big upsets could shake everything up.

Beefy

I can guarantee you that £20m is still a lot to Southampton. Have they even bought a player worth more than that during this window? In fact, I don't think Southampton have EVER spent more than £20m.

Of course he's not for sale. How often is a player advertised as for sale. He's not for sale right up until the moment that he is.

Again I am only saying what the owners and board are saying. Both are saying he isn't for sale (this window) and about making a stand against players trying to force through going. When Prem teams make £100m a year just being in the Prem, losing out £20m isn't as big as it was.

Edit: also, the last time they spoke they said he wasn't for sale, unless an extraordinary offer came in. Say...a world record transfer for a defender?

Nope, both had said he isn't for sale at all in a statement. The only journo you should listen to on saints is James Wilson, they feed him everything.

MikeBison

Again I am only saying what the owners and board are saying. Both are saying he isn't for sale (this window) and about making a stand against players trying to force through going. When Prem teams make £100m a year just being in the Prem, losing out £20m isn't as big as it was.

Nope, both had said he isn't for sale at all in a statement. The only journo you should listen to on saints is James Wilson, they feed him everything.

Southampton turn over about 100m a year. 20m is 1/5 of that. 70m is 70% of that. These are astronomical figures for them.

The chairman was quite literally quoted as saying he wouldn't rule out an extraordinary figure.

Beefy

Southampton turn over about 100m a year. 20m is 1/5 of that. 70m is 70% of that. These are astronomical figures for them.

The chairman was quite literally quoted as saying he wouldn't rule out an extraordinary figure.

You need to read the latest statement.

Liverpool and Chelsea target Van Dijk demanded a move last week, but Krueger said: ”Nobody is for sale that we don't want to sell and so he is not for sale in this window. We have said it more than once.

”Mauricio Pellegrino has done an amazing job of dealing with this situation. It has not disrupted our team.

”It is not in any way caused a lack of focus in training, in the locker room, and of course everybody will open their arms when Virgil comes back and we go at it."

Asked if he could say for certain van Dijk will still be a Saints player on September 1, Krueger added: ”I don't give definite answers where there isn't a definite.

”With all the knowledge I have today and all the information I have on my plate right now that is my answer as we are carrying our strategy through the summer and that's it.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...on-Ralph-Krueger-Premier-League-Transfer-News

MikeBison

You need to read the latest statement.

All well and good until there's a cheque in front of you for nearly as much money as you make in a single year on deadline day for a player there's mutual bad blood with and you're looking at the prospect of paying him record wages for a year without him playing.

Beefy

All well and good until there's a cheque in front of you for nearly as much money as you make in a single year on deadline day for a player there's mutual bad blood with and you're looking at the prospect of paying him record wages for a year without him playing.

Not me choosing to do it and as you said it isn't my money. I would sell and bring in 3 players, but as of now the club don't want to do that.

Syder

f6AZeSf.png

If Liverpool didn't score like 3 or 4 a game they'd be fighting relegation battles.
Our defence is non-existent without Reid. I really wonder how these last 2 games go if he doesn't get injured in the Southampton warm-up.

I wonder how long it is until Bilić goes 3 at the back again; if that becomes the case right now, considering injuries, our line-up should be:
ZUNymvF.png
What west ham really needs is decent central midfielders imo. Looking at their squad, their midfield is so average. Don't get me wrong Joe Hart does suck but he isn't like an urgent thing that needs fixing.
Noble needs to transition to a squad player. I don't want him gone like a lot of other fans but he needs to play less. Maybe we should just stump up that 40m for Carvalho... 🤔

Pachimari

So some guy I met in a car yesterday said Real Madrid had sold one of their best players... That got me curious since I hadn't heard about this and I'm a madridista. He went on to say "Danilo."

I wanted to punch something. Instead I was crying on the inside.

To the king, DANILO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom