• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Come on now guys. A game Vs Arsenal is hardly a "big game" anymore. It's more akin to a Sunday afternoon friendly these days.

Floody

Come on now guys. A game Vs Arsenal is hardly a "big game" anymore. It's more akin to a Sunday afternoon friendly these days.

Yeah, but the more likely Liverpool are to win, usually means the less likely we are to actually win. So I say it's a big game, going to be real tough scoring more than Arsenal.

T-Rex.

Banned
No injury or illness for Migs. Straight up big balls call from Klopp. I reckon he'll have at least one heart attack moment but would like to see him get a run of games so we know once and for all if he's better than Migs (same for Ward if Karius is shaky). Migs takes so long to release the ball. There's a potential upside to replacing him, not sure if Karius is it though.

Imagine this side with peak Reina...

like this
I suppose it'll allow the defence to push higher up the pitch, but it's risky playing like that against Arsenal, especially if Sanchez is back. As a keeper Karius hasn't really shown anything to make me think he's any good, but ah well. Hopefully he has a good game.

sammex

We've seen last season that with Karius in goal Liverpool is even worse. And Migs had a pretty decent start to the season. Klopp has absolutely no clue what he's doing.

Sure.

I suppose it'll allow the defence to push higher up the pitch, but it's risky playing like that against Arsenal, especially if Sanchez is back. As a keeper Karius hasn't really shown anything to make me think he's any good, but ah well. Hopefully he has a good game.

Karius' form in Germany was better than Migs current, it's why we bought him. Last year when he got his chance he was coming off a broken hand and adapting to a new league, then he got in a stupid spat with Neville which focused the spotlight even more on him and his confidence dropped massively with each mistake. I'm not saying he didn't look crap, cos he did, but has played better for another side. The timing isn't great but we'll never know if we don't try him. Our shoddy defence includes Migs and although he makes some great saves he still fluffs simpler ones.

United persevered with De Gea after he made a load of mistakes in his first season and got bullied at set pieces and he turned into one of the best. (I'm not saying Karius is anywhere near De Gea or guarenteed to get better)

Sure.

Karius' form in Germany was better than Migs current, it's why we bought him. Last year when he got his chance he was coming off a broken hand and adapting to a new league, then he got in a stupid spat with Neville which focused the spotlight even more on him and his confidence dropped massively with each mistake. I'm not saying he didn't look crap, cos he did, but has played better for another side. The timing isn't great but we'll never know if we don't try him. Our shoddy defence includes Migs and although he makes some great saves he still fluffs simpler ones.

United persevered with De Gea after he made a load of mistakes in his first season and got bullied at set pieces and he turned into one of the best. (I'm not saying Karius is anywhere near De Gea or guarenteed to get better)

I have to say I agree completely with this. I hate how everyone's just shitting all over Karius as if he's a horrible keeper. I mean sure he had some bad games but ffs don't completely write him off. I'm sure when he was bought it was because he is a decent keeper.

T-Rex.

Banned

De Gea always showed that he was a good shot stopper though, it was just crosses etc where he was weak. If we're being honest, Karius has shown nothing of the sort (at Liverpool). He's still young though so fingers crossed it is just a confidence issue.

sammex

I have to say I agree completely with this. I hate how everyone's just shitting all over Karius as if he's a horrible keeper. I mean sure he had some bad games but ffs don't completely write him off. I'm sure when he was bought it was because he is a decent keeper.

I just think 8 games is too soon to completely pass judgement on him.

De Gea always showed that he was a good shot stopper though, it was just crosses etc where he was weak. If we're being honest, Karius has shown nothing of the sort (at Liverpool). He's still young though so fingers crossed it is just a confidence issue.

Can't disagree with that, just hope we give Ward a shot after if it goes tits up again with Karius. I'm just not sure about the timing. Maybe someone has put in a big bid for Migs? Or Klopp thinks we'll face less set piece pressure from Arsenal?

Certainly not as confident now, anything can happen.

The truth is that Liverpool doesn't have a good keeper. Klopp should just accept that and stick to one or buy a new one. Rotating them is only going to break their confidence.

Audioboxer

Lashley being done a favour so he doesn't face Liverpool fans gloating and me posting 35 GIFs of Arsene Wenger.

nuzlv8y.gif

MrS is missing from the topic just now, as I suspect, clearly a Chelsea fan attending the game.

Empty

everton have zero pace going forwards which means chelsea have snuffed them out completely and their forward combinations between pedro-morata-willian look really good.

I feel like Liverpool are more prog metal. Feeling very important and superior. But in reality most people dislike them, and the ones that do like it, tend to be very annoying.

Liverpool are Tool.

Garjon

Everton must be dead after their midweek game.

That's very dire considering it's only the start of the season and after rotating the squad.

I think they are just set up to defend defend but now that that's gone out the window, the team is struggling to adapt to a more attacking strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom