• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
f6AZeSf.png

If Liverpool didn't score like 3 or 4 a game they'd be fighting relegation battles.

Not sure VVD is going to fix this, think Klopp just needs to get an actual defensive coach and do some managing, which is what he is presumably paid to do?

Liverpool have been buying defenders and replacing people at the back, they just seem to get worse when they put the shirt on.

Also zonal marking is shit, even worse if you are shit at it

They might want to considering buying an actually half decent keeper too, would be a good idea.

Makeda

Not sure VVD is going to fix this, think Klopp just needs to get an actual defensive coach and do some managing, which is what he is presumably paid to do?

Liverpool have been buying defenders and replacing people at the back, they just seem to get worse when they put the shirt on.

Also zonal marking is shit, even worse if you are shit at it

They might want to considering buying an actually half decent keeper too, would be a good idea.

Agree completely, it's been a major blindside for both Brendan and Klopp at Liverpool. Unsure why the management team continue to ignore what is so blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched two or more of our games in the past few years.

If we go through some of the defensive personel from late Brendan to Klopp we're looking at:

Bogdan & llori lol.

Lovern: Looked comfortable and assured in his season at Southampton... puts on a Pool shirt and looks like he's never played a professional game in his life. No communication / no organising his defence, just idly stands in disadvantageous positions whilst the opposition exploit the gaps between him and his partner.

Mingolet: Looked average at Sunderland... Looks below average at us. Already have voiced my discontent at this player so many times I'm running out of things to say. He's simply not good enough.

Matip: Was meant to be a leader and "a fantastic signing" who we managed to nab on a free.. turns out he left his voice and leadership skills in Shalke.

Karius: Rated highly enough to come in and get the
admittedly token
#1 Kit, yet the kid has shown the same frailties as Mingolet... It's almost as if the goalkeeping coach needs to be sacked
DO IT.

Moreno: Sevilla's best player in the 2016 Europa League final.

Clyne: Did we replace Glen Johnson with Glen Johnson?

Sakho: More often than not Bambi on Ice in a Liverpool shirt (excusing that Dortmund game) but looks a great deal more confident in a Crystal Palace team fighting relegation.

Flanagan: A husk of the player he once was, if he couldn't get a game at Burnley he won't stand a chance here sadly.

Klavan: Admittedly I hadn't seen him play prior to joining but we are meant to be signing players for improving the team right? Last season he had the same defensive frailties as everyone else we signed. Hopefully his decent performance in our last Prem game alongside Matip is a sign of an actual defender existing in that (seemingly) heavy Liverpool shirt.

So with all of those players we only have promising talent in Trent
A young right winger/wing back who has had very little first team football
, Ward
Looked decent in the Championship but made the baffling decision to not send him back on loan.
& Gomez
Until recently I was unsure if this kid still was a footballer, he's been injured for so long
These three assorted players are not the making of a solid defense nor a team destined for greatness / anything beyond a miraculous cup run.

- Typing on mobile sorry if the format comes out as awkward as Liverpool's defense.

It's the midfield. We lack anyone who can shield the CBs, or who's all that capable of linking - through the centre - the defence to the attacking midfielders.

Keita would have been a big help.

sammex

Soton are still doing everything you'd expect a club willing to sell but trying to get the most they can out of a single buyer - they could be waiting for that last minute £75m. They could also be genuine about not wanting to sell. At this point they look identical. Lucky for us there's like 4 days left and it'll finally end one way or the other.

Lashley - get in touch with us via Arsenal Fan TV later.

DBT85

RIP Lashley

We know he watches over us from his new home in the sky. Praise be. It shall be spake that an arsene gif shall signal his return. Verily, he couldth contact me on the twatters if he wouldst need his message be delivered unto his people.

Hallowed be thy name.

Tubie

Pouring one down for my boy Lashley.

He died the same night Conor died tho, coincidence????

What if Lashley is actually Conor McGregor?

riSqXEA.gif

Just found out sky sports are showing West Brom vs Stoke instead of Chelsea vs Everton, wtf were they thinking

Chelsea vs Everton isn't being shown anywhere in the u.k.
I think it's on one channel in the U.S though.
Maybe because everyone thinks chelsea will be relegated this season so easily after the burnley result that it's pointless showing such a predictable match.

Bubble

Neo Member
Seeing as Man Utd won yesterday, I can enjoy todays matches without any stress.

Liverpool vs. Arsenal is going to be the highlight today. I suppose a draw would be the best result between the two, but I love watching Klopp complain. He will probably complain and whine (as usual when it comes to him) about the wind and shit, so I guess I want Arsenal to win today.

GHG

I'm scared. And there's no Lashley to keep us Arsenal fans going later.

At least AFTV will be entertaining.

Seeing as Man Utd won yesterday, I can enjoy todays matches without any stress.

Liverpool vs. Arsenal is going to be the highlight today. I suppose a draw would be the best result between the two, but I love watching Klopp complain. He will probably complain and whine (as usual when it comes to him) about the wind and shit, so I guess I want Arsenal to win today.

Would love an arsenal win. They are always going to fuck it up later anyway.

Just found out sky sports are showing West Brom vs Stoke instead of Chelsea vs Everton, wtf were they thinking

The matches shown so far have been a joke.

Champions not on tv on the opening day? No game vs Everton? When some of the matches chosen have been ridiculous .

Someone needs to have a word with sky

MikeBison

It's because they set contracts to show certain teams a certain amount of times in a season. Better get those West Brom games in early because as soon as 40 points hit, they're statues.

Ridiculous though. Chelsea Everton would be a good crack.

RIP Lashley. Don't know wether that's a good or bad omen ahead of today's game.

This Mignolet stuff is baffling. I've been one of his harshest critics but he's been ok this season. Can't say my confidence in Karius is high.

CrayToes

The matches shown so far have been a joke.

Champions not on tv on the opening day? No game vs Everton? When some of the matches chosen have been ridiculous .

Someone needs to have a word with sky
No one wants to watch boring ass Chelsea, champions or not. West Brom - Stoke is a far more interesting prospect.

sammex

Apparently Karius is starting today. This match is going to be ridiculous lol.

No injury or illness for Migs. Straight up big balls call from Klopp. I reckon he'll have at least one heart attack moment but would like to see him get a run of games so we know once and for all if he's better than Migs (same for Ward if Karius is shaky). Migs takes so long to release the ball. There's a potential upside to replacing him, not sure if Karius is it though.

Imagine this side with peak Reina...

like this

Maybe I'm making this up, but as part of the TV deal don't each team have to have a Premier League game televised a certain number of times? If so I'm guessing this fixture was to honour that stipulation.

No injury or illness for Migs. Straight up big balls call from Klopp. I reckon he'll have at least one heart attack moment but would like to see him get a run of games so we know once and for all if he's better than Migs (same for Ward if Karius is shaky). Migs takes so long to release the ball. There's a potential upside to replacing him, not sure if Karius is it though.

Imagine this side with peak Reina...

like this

We've seen last season that with Karius in goal Liverpool is even worse. And Migs had a pretty decent start to the season. Klopp has absolutely no clue what he's doing.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm making this up, but as part of the TV deal don't each team have to have a Premier League game televised a certain number of times? If so I'm guessing this fixture was to honour that stipulation.

I think so. I know the neutral probably doesn't want to watch anyone except the top 6 but the PL has always been good about sharing the wealth.

and you never know, it might be good.

Floody

I know they'll never improve without getting a chance, but dropping Mignolet before a big game is such an unnecessary, stupid move. Karius will be ripped to shreds by the fans if he even slightly messes up due to this.

Also, Ward is more deserving of the chance imo, coming of a great, high pressure season and actually looked good in pre-season, unlike Karius.

Anyways, a 6-5 win will at least be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom