• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Robbie is gonna make so much money this season, maybe he can afford to buy Arsenal by the end of it.

Let's hope so. If only because the next manager is going to bleed Arsenal for sure.

B3EUlzKIgAQNFs4.jpg.33d2c5fb03f7d4a020f09350d389fd2a.jpg

Dadasch

I don't mind shick that much since something came up regarding his health,but keita pisses me off,it's draxler all over again,we seems to never learn,
You have to acknowledge the advantages. In the end you have more money on the bank, which you can use for...things.
Like, I don't know...buying football players for your football club?

Seriously, Juventus board seems to consist of greedy fuckers. :D

King_Moc

Banned
So they make more money having a team that sucks?

They lose 30 - 40 million maybe on not being in the champions League and giving up a few places in the prem, but they save way more by not having to compete in the transfer market. They know their fans will turn up anyway, and the TV money is good.

Ticket prices and Prem rights. Easy make up for not spending loads and missing out on CL

They lose 30 - 40 million maybe on not being in the champions League and giving up a few places in the prem, but they save way more by not having to compete in the transfer market. They know their fans will turn up anyway, and the TV money is good.

Ah I see. Thanks, I never follow the economic side of this with much attention.

Nobody here wants Sanchez at City. Haven't even heard the City fans about it.

(We don't even have City fans here do we?)

Me and I do but I have wanted Sanchez at City for years, most City fans seem clueless about his quality from who I have spoke to. I want him more so now as Pep is determined to play somebody between the lines and he is perfect for that role. Here is a post of mine from over a year ago before the rumours started:

I'd love to see how Sanchez and Aguero would play together.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Imagine if we bought Andy Caroll this window.

A spine chilling thought.

A happier thought: I don't think West Ham would even get 10m for him now. 1 good game a year and that shit ponytail wouldn't be worth it even in this market.

Bersi

You have to acknowledge the advantages. In the end you have more money on the bank, which you can use for...things.
Like, I don't know...buying football players for your football club?

Seriously, Juventus board seems to consist of greedy fuckers. :D

we absolutely are greedy fuckers,but sometimes it pays off, see the howedes deal :)

tbf though we already spent a lot this summer and we're pretty much covered upfront,so keita would've been a nice opportunity,but not a necessity.

T-Rex.

Banned
we absolutely are greedy fuckers,but sometimes it pays off, see the howedes deal :)

tbf though we already spent a lot this summer and we're pretty much covered upfront,so keita would've been a nice opportunity,but not a necessity.
Sounds like you've got Can as well, albeit next year :/

Dadasch

15 mio. is fair enough for Höwedes. I don't know in how many games he has to participate to activate the clause, but I'm pretty sure it is very likely to be met.

Still - I hate Juventus. Juve is very successful as a club, so it has some attraction for football players. Thing is they don't want to pay high amounts of fees, which is the reason for some players to sit on their contracts just to be at Juve at a later time.

Bersi

Sounds like you've got Can as well, albeit next year :/

Eh,i've read about it,but if i have to guess he'll probaly renew his contract during this year or some other clubs will come and offer more to him. the "will arrive next summer for free" thing has never worked out for us.

so.. yeah you guys have probably nothing to worry about it.

Jarnet87

lol wtf?
They are delusional, aren't they?

German + Bundesliga player would have made Draxler a shoe in for a pre contract agreement move for free or a real cheap deal for Bayern. They obviously never wanted him or he would have been a Bayern player years ago.

Bersi

15 mio. is fair enough for Höwedes. I don't know in how many games he has to participate to activate the clause, but I'm pretty sure it is very likely to be met.

Still - I hate Juventus. Juve is very successful as a club, so it has some attraction for football players. Thing is they don't want to pay high amounts of fees, which is the reason for some players to sit on their contracts just to be at Juve at a later time.
Jesus dude,hate is a strong word, don't you think?,honestly i'd say we are one of the more "honest" clubs all around when it comes to the transfer market,if a player hands in a transfer request we always allow him to leave without any fuss,sometimes we even let him go for free,like alves,llorente and others. also we are just very selective,we had zero problems in paying lots of money for dybala,bernardeschi,pjaca and others. it's not like we have infinite funds like psg or the manchester clubs.
Worked out well with Pogba

Ok that is the only time it worked,even tho if i recall correctly milan was actually the first club to contact raiola for him, so is not like we were certain of his arrival.

Dadasch

Jesus dude,hate is a strong word, don't you think?,honestly i'd say we are one of the more "honest" clubs all around when it comes to the transfer market,if a player hands in a transfer request we always allow him to leave without any fuss,sometimes we even let him go for free,like alves,llorente and others. also we are just very selective,we had zero problems in paying lots of money for dybala,bernardeschi,pjaca and others. it's not like we have infinite funds like psg or the manchester clubs.
Not really, I'm pretty straightforward. :D
For years I didn't want them to win anything at the CL stages. That changed at last year's final (didn't want Real winning 2 titles in 2 consecutive years), but they failed horribly.

End of story is I hate them even more right now lol

I'm just glad that Andy Carroll is no longer our record signing. With Mane and Salah just floating around the same price tag, it's nice to get a definitive new record signing.

Hopefully both Van Dijk and Lemar break them twice more as they sign.

I'm just glad that Andy Carroll is no longer our record signing. With Mane and Salah just floating around the same price tag, it's nice to get a definitive new record signing.

Hopefully both Van Dijk and Lemar break them twice more as they sign.

I remember boosting Carroll's stats in PES

What a dark time that was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom