• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902666576125624320
Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC

😂😂😂
EhcIxRb.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'll be pissed if we buy AOC instead of Lemar. Him coming here makes no sense, he does know he's not getting into the starting 11 right?

MikeBison

WTF? That's like a downgrade over Arsenal. Only benefit is playing UCL. No trophies, not a guaranteed starting spot and more injuries.

I think people underestimate how juicy the prospect of playing with Salah, Bobby and black Suarez right now would be. Add in a passionate manager with a tonne of hugs, plus a bit of stability unlike Chelsea (who knows when that goes tits up) and CL...I can see why we're attracting players.

Regardless. Don't want him. Didn't want him before and certainly not after his abject performance on Sunday. Gimme Kendrick Lemar.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'd be so disappointed if we got Oxlade instead of Lemar tbh. Never really got the hype around him.

The hype was always about potential, he's been around long enough that he should have realised that potential by now. He is lucky to have been offered a new contract by Arsenal, he's not good enough for them. His next move should be to a mid table club at best.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902666576125624320
Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC

������

Fuck this guy,

But at the same time, I appreciate him illuminating that the players are also not happy with the crazy positions they're being shoved into.

What is it with Southampton guys and Liverpool? Ever year since he's broken into the first team we've heard rumors of Walcott agitating for a move to Liverpool.

Jerm411

So AOC, Sanchez, and Mustafi are all assuredly off before Thursday....who knows who else.

Why the FUCK does Wenger still have a job?

I just cannot fathom it....I seriously don't get it, I didn't get it after last season when he got the extension but now that the team is quitting on him and there's a mass exodus on the horizon it stupefies me.

I'll always appreciate what he's done for the club but the game has passed him by completely both on and off the pitch...it's obvious. Our idiot owner and board act as if we're getting rid of an elite manager.

3 games in and I already want this season over with...

casiopao

15 mio. is fair enough for Höwedes. I don't know in how many games he has to participate to activate the clause, but I'm pretty sure it is very likely to be met.

Still - I hate Juventus. Juve is very successful as a club, so it has some attraction for football players. Thing is they don't want to pay high amounts of fees, which is the reason for some players to sit on their contracts just to be at Juve at a later time.

Well, Juventus still need tons of money for our Continassa Project there.

And considering how much Italian clubs hates to sell us their players, we have no choice but to play like this. I can only hope this year we can still go further deep into UCL to attract more player for cheap lol.

Marotta lost Schick and Keita. This must be a new record.

This is Draxler all over again dammit.

You think people are just going to forget about Calciopoli?

I sure remember that farse and how we end up with 6 consecutive Scudetto lol. May we get 4 more scudetto to torture those other team who is not punished for actually pushing that farse.

Syder

Shaw has really bad mental health issues. He suffers from depression and anxiety, it's why he puts on weight a lot. Ever since he moved away from his family it has got even worse. Dude was bad enough here.
Doesn't shock me that clubs don't think about this when buying a player.

casiopao

He'd probably go to Inter before that, imo. In a tactical sense as well, he'd also make a better fit with Chelsea tbh.

Inter just got themselves Spaletti which i rated as good as Simeone so i dont think Inter would kick Spaletti out any time soon.

But..... this is Inter lol. King of worst managed big club in the world.

Zasa

Inter just got themselves Spaletti which i rated as good as Simeone so i dont think Inter would kick Spaletti out any time soon.

But..... this is Inter lol. King of worst managed big club in the world.
Oh for sure, he's a great manager. Hopefully this is the season where they can make a push for top 3.

But I was just saying that if he was to leave to a club at some point, it'd probably be to Inter & he's implied it as well before iirc.

casiopao

Oh for sure, he's a great manager. Hopefully this is the season where they can make a push for top 3.

But I was just saying that if he was to leave to a club, it'd probably be to Inter & he's implied it as well before iirc.

Ahh that i agree. I do would love Spaletti in Juventus lol. So it will be a win wi situation if that happen in future.

What I want to see is the Milan teams in the Champions Leage again, damn it. The UCL feels wrong without them as one of the giants, especially AC Milan.

Both team going down in quality is a major part in the downfall of Serie A popularty, other than the Calciopoli of course.

casiopao

What I want to see is the Milan teams in the Champions Leage again, damn it. The UCL feels wrong without them as one of the giants, especially AC Milan.

Both team going down in quality is a major part in the downfall of Serie A popularty, other than the Calciopoli of course.

Both of them fall so badly is mostly thanks to their idiotic management.

And the funny thing is, both Milan and Inter is still not on save position at all. AC Milan is under huge pressure as they are literally borrowing money from vulture fund. So if they are unable to quickly return to UCL, they are going to face the same fate as Parma.

Inter literally need to sack all of their top brash management as they are their biggest liability. If they sack Spaletti over some small loses again like all its other manager, they are going to drop below Lazio again this year.

GHG

Weird one.

Oh well, can't say I'm not disappointed but if he doesn't want to come then that's fine we'll go and find someone else

You've dodged a bullet.

The kid has delusions of grandeur and is not willing to put in a shift unless it suits him. He's so thick that he can't see he has all the attributes to be one of the best wingbacks in the world but lacks the maturity and intelligence to play in CM.

Having had a stop start career due to injury and now being 24, you'd think he'd just get his head down and be happy to play anywhere in order to develop and iron out the clear holes in his game but no... He thinks he's the second coming of Steven Gerrard. Come on now...

I hope a move to Liverpool doesn't materialise and he fits in Arsenal's reserved for the next 12 months while dross like Andros Townsend takes his place in the England squad.

And fool on Wenger for making him think he was ever going to be anything other than a winger.

I don't get why Wenger passed over him so much, is he really that much worse than someone like Walcott?

Same goes for Carlos Vela too.

Even someone like Lucas Perez. He didn't look too shabby whenever he got five minutes to play.

After their last performance you'd think now would be the perfect time for others to come in and have a go. Players like Campbell, Maitland-Niles, Reine-Adelaide. But it will be the same sorry bunch again and again.

GHG

Wenger has his favourites and that's it. He will even sabotage the team and play players out of position in order to get his favourites in.

Don't question his judgement. How many games have you managed in your life?

Both of them fall so badly is mostly thanks to their idiotic management.

And the funny thing is, both Milan and Inter is still not on save position at all. AC Milan is under huge pressure as they are literally borrowing money from vulture fund. So if they are unable to quickly return to UCL, they are going to face the same fate as Parma.

Inter literally need to sack all of their top brash management as they are their biggest liability. If they sack Spaletti over some small loses again like all its other manager, they are going to drop below Lazio again this year.

Hopefully they'll get everything sorted out soon. Juve couldn't carry the whole league alone.

Wenger has his favourites and that's it. He will even sabotage the team and play players out of position in order to get his favourites in.

Don't question his judgement. How many games have you managed in your life?

Probably more than him across several FM games.

Syder

Even someone like Lucas Perez. He didn't look too shabby whenever he got five minutes to play.

After their last performance you'd think now would be the perfect time for others to come in and have a go. Players like Campbell, Maitland-Niles, Reine-Adelaide. But it will be the same sorry bunch again and again.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Conservative) looked really good at Ipswich.

How is a kid that kept up with the pace and physical demands of the Championship (30 apps in 15-16) not deserving of a chance in the Arsenal first team or at another PL club (1 league app in 16-17)?

Hey now, we've known about Youri Tielemans for years.

Apparently, all these top clubs haven't.

Well he's at Monaco so someone after the WC will likely pay 100m+ for him.

Remember signing him on FM years ago total monster.

Oh god Monaco paid 25m for him they gonna make a nice profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom