• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_Drop

:(

We would have given him the #9 shirt. Plenty of games to play :(

Maybe someday we'll get back in this game, but not until Ashley goes.

Although... Liverpool, you can sell us Ings if you have a surplus of forwards...or Southampton, sell us Austin, you know you want to ;)

TimmmV

Maybe someday we'll get back in this game, but not until Ashley goes.

Although... Liverpool, you can sell us Ings if you have a surplus of forwards...or Southampton, sell us Austin, you know you want to ;)

Ings going to Rafa probably makes way too much sense for it to happen, he would be good for Newcastle (assuming his injuries haven't broken him)

MikeBison

I said why we would need a replacement before.

First team

Van Dijk
Hoedt
Yoshida
Stephens

U23's

Bednarek
Jones

Gardos is all but gone.

It's a bit like counting your U23 Cbs. The only reason Bednarek played in the cup is because of Van Dijk be a dick, he is a U23 player. We would need a replacement

A bit like counting your u23 cbs? Well, yeah, that's exactly what you do if they're registered as part of your premier league squad. Ben Woodburn is still a pl LFC player, despite that fact that he'll spend the majority of his time playing for the U23's.

cromofo

Ox is fucking shit. All he can do is run very fast. Can't cross, can't shoot, can't finish.

9 goals and 14 assists in 132 apps.

Useless.

Beefy

A bit like counting your u23 cbs? Well, yeah, that's exactly what you do if they're registered as part of your premier league squad. Ben Woodburn is still a pl LFC player, despite that fact that he'll spend the majority of his time playing for the U23's.

I meant as first squad options. As it stands we have 4 first team cbs, if Van Dijk goes we would need a replacement. Gardos is only registered because of his age,but he is so shit. No other club wants him,so we will probably have to wait until his contract ends at the end of the season.

Hoedt is Fonte's replacement and Bednarek is Gardos's. It's a bit like if you sold Mane and didn't replace him.

It's going to drive fans away, it's already starting to do that. Prices are way to detached from the normal world.

I don't think will it will just create a different type of fan. You are already seeing a different type of football fan built from the hype machines on social media and new media content creators where big money is a norm. Both the Manchester clubs are fully focused on this rather than the old media (most big clubs are), City apart from press conferences have pretty much cut all ties with old media and give youtube channels unprecedented access as they know this is where the new generation of fans is being cultivated, by people in their early 20's creating entertainment where everything is filtered through a lens of the latest FIFA stats as most young fans are more versed in the digital game than they are the real game (it is also the biggest recruiter of new fans to the sport than anything else). Plus they can get perfect analytics to target exactly who they want. Every club is going this way or at least trying to but there is only really five clubs that are fully on it. Real Madrid, United, Barcalona, PSG, City and they are also the richest clubs.

Plus the percentage of money spent vs income at the top teams hasn't changed. At the top teams even though the figures are drastically larger the percentage is lower of total income than it has been since the beginning of the Prem. As footballs outreach is so large it is easy to see why companies like Amazon, Google, Apple, Netflix are all now circling it and if they get involved it is going to exponentially change because its in the data not the sponsorship where the next money is.

Empty

No rumons even for United. Amazing.

think us being so strong before the intl break might hurt us long term as it makes us look like a complete, dominant side that doesn't need anything extra.

whereas in fact city have a lot more quality depth and looks like chelsea are acquiring the same and we don't have any width to change things up. it's a big weakness. everyone is throwing around stupid money anyway, get perisic or mahrez imo.

Oxlade Chamberlain: "I've always wanted to be Steven Gerrard."

Chelsea: "No, you'll be the new Victor Moses."

Very sad that Liverpool is deluding him like this.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
What's that? An elegant, capable midfielder is available and keen on a move to England? At a decent price? That would massively improve Arsenal in the middle of the park?
Fantastic, let's get right on that.....

***Breaking news*** Renato Sanches joins Swansea on loan

Oh... :(

What's that? An elegant, capable midfielder is available and keen on a move to England? At a decent price? That would massively improve Arsenal in the middle of the park?

lol.

Great get for Swansea, though.

Who was the last player Arsenal got in on loan? I can't even think. Do they even do that?

If we get ox instead of Lemar (who is clearly better since i've never seen him play), I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Your choice isn't Ox or Lemar, it's Ox or no one.

Is that still disappointing?

Danchi

I think they got some goalkeeper from Fiorentina to be third-choice a few years ago as well?

I actually thought Benayoun was decent at Arsenal.

sammex

It's 100% certain something will happen with VVD. Doesn't mean he'll get the move but tomorrow we'll see some bids for him from someone. Pissed off player, last chance to get rid, will defo see clubs put bids in for him in the slight chance Soton say fine take him - would be stupid for the likes of Chelsea/City to not try if LFC is ruled out.

Ox is a good squad option and we need that depth/cover. Not as glamorous at Lemar but would do a job when we need to rotate players. This LFC team is built on team ethic rather than superstar status, he'll be another cog in our machine.

I thought Oxlade would have been a decent squad addition for Chelsea. Guess Liverpool could offer him some more certainties. I do wonder if they will play him in central midfield.

I still fondly remember that Chelsea-Arsenal game with Oxlade there. Will fit perfectly with Liverpool's leaky mentality.

kromeo

GMEgv.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
LFC agree £35m fee with #Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after he snubbed #CFC. - Melisa Reddy

:lol didn't Chelsea offer £40m? Why would Arsenal accept less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom