• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

That's beautiful, mate, but tell me...

any news there regarding Alexis?

Here in Chile a newspaper published a rumor that sounds fishy as hell: "lawyers" or some guys related to Man City travelled to Chile to have a meeting with Sánchez. Supposedly, they arrived today.
It seems like Man City may be willing to up their initial bid of £50m that was rejected but apart from that we don't really know anymore.

MikeBison

Mane went on strike before he wanted to join us, as in he didn't strike to join us. He went on strike to join another team, it didn't work and that team went away. We came in a few months later. I know you hate Southampton, but come on now.

I stand corrected on the Mane one. Still, I'm sure Southampton are as guilty as the next club.

That's beautiful, mate, but tell me...

any news there regarding Alexis?

Here in Chile a newspaper published a rumor that sounds fishy as hell: "lawyers" or some guys related to Man City travelled to Chile to have a meeting with Sánchez. Supposedly, they arrived today.

A medical team and legal team are out there incase a deal can go through. Standard procedure on deadline day when players are far away and can't be flown in at a moments notice. Doesn't mean it will happen though.

MikeBison

Yep, tapping up goes on all the time. The leaking to the press that it was a done deal is what pissed the Southampton board off. I would still sell him.

At this point, I'm in the not happening now camp. There are logical reasons why it could, but I reckon we might be sticking to our word about dropping interest and Saints are dug in over not selling.

A medical team and legal team are out there incase a deal can go through. Standard procedure on deadline day when players are far away and can't be flown in at a moments notice. Doesn't mean it will happen though.

Yeah, I know, but it reinforces the rumors about Pep REALLY being "desperate" to sign Alexis.

I just want to see him as far as possible from Arsenal (sorry Arsenal fans but your team has been a disaster and there is little to no signal about that changing for the better).

Beefy

At this point, I'm in the not happening now camp. There are logical reasons why it could, but I reckon we might be sticking to our word about dropping interest and Saints are dug in over not selling.

I reckon it will be a stay for one more season thing. Let us get Hoedt up to speed with the Prem, so we don't have two cbs that have never played in the Prem.

NHale

Do you think both deals will happen?

Vietto to Southampton seems to be a done deal from every source in Spain but it depends on Costa coming in. The problem is that Atletico and Chelsea are not agreeing on a fee.

I believe both deals will be done because Chelsea is just making Diego Costa sweat until the end. I hope is that they don't leave until too late for Vietto to leave as well.

EDIT: Hearing a Arsenal podcast live with DT, Lee and Troopz and someone just implied Arsene Wenger is bipolar. They seem so depressed. Troopz is almost at a point where he will transform into a Spurs fan.

Seems Origi might be off to Wolfsburg on loan. Liverpool asking for £6m plus they pay his wages.
Hopefully it works out for him, still think he can come good.
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/903004413685633027

Shows how inflated the market's got with a 6 mil loan deal.

Reckon this'll do Origi a lot of good, hope he kills it over there!

Paving the way for Lemar if true?

Christ no we just have a lot of strikers atm. Firmino (technically since he's central), Studge, Solanke, Ings, whatever embryos we have as well.

Orgen

Tomorrow is going to be crazy, money is going to fly everywhere (but not in my direction unfortunately). We have pending Guedes (PSG) and Pereira (Man Utd.). And maybe an striker (Lucas Pérez?) if we can get rid of Nani.

Which do you think is going to be the most important transfer tomorrow? I'm betting on Coutinho to Barcelona and/or Alexis Sanchez to City.

MikeBison

Tomorrow is going to be crazy, money is going to fly everywhere (but not in my direction unfortunately). We have pending Guedes (PSG) and Pereira (Man Utd.). And maybe an striker (Lucas Pérez?) if we can get rid of Nani.

Which do you think is going to be the most important transfer tomorrow? I'm betting on Coutinho to Barcelona and/or Alexis Sanchez to City.

I think if Phil goes it's on Friday after our window is shut and there's is still open. That's if we grab Kendrick Lemar.

Sanchez to City. Liverpool have looked decent without Coutinho so far and don't think he will make that much of a difference to Barca. Even though Arsenal are fucked with or without Sanchez the bigger difference is that he would massively improve City in an area they have been poor (the final third and between the lines) and has the potential to be the missing puzzle piece. I also think Lemar could be a big move, Arsenal need him more but Liverpool seem like they want him more.

Sanchez to City. Liverpool have looked decent without Coutinho so far and don't think he will make that much of a difference to Barca. Even though Arsenal are fucked with or without Sanchez the bigger difference is that he would massively improve City in an area they have been poor (the final third and between the lines) and has the potential to be the missing puzzle piece. I also think Lemar could be a big move, Arsenal need him more but Liverpool seem like they want him more.

But, how can they bid when they have no money?

sammex

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...l-oxlade-chamberlain-chelsea-furious-11084228

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has tonight agreed a £40m move to Liverpool - and it left Chelsea furious.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, turned down Chelsea who feel they have “been played” by Liverpool to try to force Arsenal into selling to them

giphy.webp

Beefy

Liverpool have contacted Roma to sign Emerson Palmieri a left back. Will leave him at Roma for a year all according to Sky Italy

MikeBison

https://twitter.com/asxlfc/status/902963752508817408

This is funny as fuck for some reason. Salah absolutely burning down the pitch at a unique camera angle.

Paul Joyce claiming Klopp is planning a £175 spree tomorrow. (£100m Lemar, rest VVD).

Reality is we'll probably spend £0 of that. But my hype erection would explode if we did. I'd personally pay to have a statue of Edwards built outside Anfield.

sammex

Deadline day predictions

LFC - Lemar and VVD in, Coutinho to Barca

Arsenal - Draxler in, Alexis to City

Costa to Atletico, Barkley to Chelsea

Bony to Swansea, Llorente to Chelsea

Evans to City, Sakho to West Brom

Mahrez stays at Leicester

TimmmV

There is no way we buy Ox + Lamar if we don't sell Coutinho at the same time.

Which just makes it all the weirder that the club are briefing so strongly that Coutinho will stay regardless - unless the club are trying to basically blind everyone with big signings, thats a huge climbdown, and also makes all the journalists they usually brief look like mugs

FWIW I think he is likely to go, but have kind of gotten over it, probably helped by how well Liverpool are playing at the moment.

Phil is still utterly dead to me regardless of what happens, little twat

NHale

UEFA really needs to change something about deadline day of the Summer window or the international matches because it's a complete mess that tomorrow some national teams play but you have agents and medical staff on hotel lobbies or training grounds for the entire day just in case something happens.

What a mess...

There is no way we buy Ox + Lamar if we don't sell Coutinho at the same time.

Which just makes it all the weirder that the club are briefing so strongly that Coutinho will stay regardless - unless the club are trying to basically blind everyone with big signings, thats a huge climbdown, and also makes all the journalists they usually brief look like mugs

FWIW I think he is likely to go, but have kind of gotten over it, probably helped by how well Liverpool are playing at the moment.

Phil is still utterly dead to me regardless of what happens, little twat

Some Spanish press is saying the deal for Coutinho is done but is only going to be announced Friday to allow Liverpool to deal until the end of the transfer deadline without anyone knowing they got €160M from Barça.

It's probably bullshit but it's the first rumor from Barcelona loving press that actually makes sense. Actually Dembele ended up being right too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom