• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderedToast

DIgggQkXgAEpD4K.jpg:large
another full kit wanker

Tubie

Welcome to all the new people here, and it seems quite a few are LFC fans.
23703246156_49a77b8767_o.png

You guys looked impressive against Arsenal. I'm sure this is the year guys.
2oY7zFW.png

Tosyn_88

At least, this year, there has been no major departures from the EPL. That's good for the league.

I still maintain that United will win it or narrowly miss out to City.

Arsenal still have a great team provided the players commit to the work and the manager focuses on the league.

Liverpool will fight for top four but thier football style isn't built for the league, it's a style for knock out games so I predict they will have a good run in Europe and domestic cups.

Spurs will be the same as they always have, a mid table team punching above thier weight. They will maintain a top four finish at best or narrowly miss out at worst. I don't see them winning anything.

Chelsea are the dark horse as they remain difficult to predict, which is strange because they are the league champion. I'd put them as either staging a shocking league run or even European cup run.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Newcastle should be after Origi, he'd be great for them.

User: Captain Smirk
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. West Ham
19. Newcastle
20. Brighton

User: Blue Geezer

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham
4. Liverpool
---
5. Manchester City
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
---
18. Crystal Palace
19. Brighton
20. Bournemouth

Refused to sign a new contract with Arsenal? Turned down a move to Chelsea?

Hmm. Maybe they're going to Man United, or Barca, or Madrid...

What? Liverpool?!?!

Who, in their right mind, would actively go out of their way to sign for Liverpool? The man needs his head checked.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just had a look at the predictions doc, it's pretty funny that only 12 out of 28 predictions had Liverpool in the top 4. It doesn't include the recent predictions from the last few pages, of which all but one have Liverpool in the top 4.

Oxlade-Chamberlain isn't that good guys...................

T-Rex.

Banned
Refused to sign a new contract with Arsenal? Turned down a move to Chelsea?

Hmm. Maybe they're going to Man United, or Barca, or Madrid...

What? Liverpool?!?!

Who, in their right mind, would actively go out of their way to sign for Liverpool? The man needs his head checked.
who can turn down a klopp hug m8

Floody

Dude probably smells like he rolls around in a giant ash tray 24/7. I would want a Conte hug, he probably smells like expensive cologne and fine wine.
He'd probably snap your neck if he thought you weren't giving the hug your all though.

Can havent signed any new contract with Pool right? Juventus seems to want to sign him on free transfer there.
Seems that way. Juve will get an absolute beast if he continues developing at this rate.

slider

Dude probably smells like he rolls around in a giant ash tray 24/7. I would want a Conte hug, he probably smells like expensive cologne and fine wine.

Maybe a hint of a cigar too though.

Bilic? Hmm. Maybe some boiled cabbage and a Big Mac. Could've been so different. Poor bloke. Redknapp? Piss, no doubt about it.

Yager

Banned
If you believe the press from Barcelona today, they are close or trying to sign: Coutinho, Dybala, Di Maria, and Lemar.

Today might be a bigger shitshow than Florentino's broken fax machine.

You got it wrong. They're apparently trying to sign ONE of those players, not all.

I'd love to see what Conte could do with Mahrez. Not convinced we'll get him though, as long as we fill out our bench and deal with our depth issues I'll be happy.

casiopao

Seems that way. Juve will get an absolute beast if he continues developing at this rate.

Never really check him playing but what is play style? Is he like Khedira there? I mean considering Khedira aged, many of us fans believe that this year is going to be his last season with us.

Yeah, you're going to mingebag your way to signing another very good player! Don't know how you keep doing it :lol

The power of being damn cheapskate and actually winning trophy i guess lol.

Also, probably because our team never hold players. If a player wanted to leave, they will be able to leave with no fuss. Especially if the price is righto lol. I mean, even Alves move out as free transfer this season and even for all his bad comment on us, there is literally no retaliation on him at all. As we respect those who had wear Black and White shirt.

Markitron

Don't think they want anything at the moment. Like us with Coutinho.

I think they will sell for 70m, just not to Liverpool. If Chelsea or City offer it, he will be gone.

Never really check him playing but what is play style? Is he like Khedira there? I mean considering Khedira aged, many of us fans believe that this year is going to be his last season with us.

Watch highlights of the Arsenal game, he was fucking everywhere in that game. He is developing into a complete midfielder. He can play offensively, defensively and was used to great effect as a centre back in his first season. He can break up play, make late runs into the box, has fantastic short passing and can score spectacular goals. Over his time at Liverpool he has gotten better and better and he is still only 23. I'll be gutted if we lose him, and would sacrifice someone like Lemar if it meant we paid him what he wants.

MikeBison

Stay strong Virgil, Daddy Jurgen is coming to rescue you!

(Still don't think we'll get him, but it's surely cards on the table time)

TimmmV

User: TimmmV

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea
19. Watford
20. Brighton

I fully expect none of these to happen now

Just saw that Spain's transfer window doesn't close until tomorrow night. So I guess today will be all about who we do/don't buy, and tomorrow will be all about whether Barca manage to get 🐍2.0

My guess is we wont get VvD, might get Lemar, and sell Coutinho tomorrow, making FSG/the club look like idiots after coming out so strongly that he won't go. Wouldn't be a transfer window if Liverpool didn't do something stupid

Alexis... we’ll see if we keep him or not. I’d personally be fine for selling him at 70+ to city, definitely so if a Lemar or Draxler come in, but its ok if they don’t. Alexis hasn’t played as a team for more than a season now, he thinks he’s better than us and isn’t the type to rally the troops but moan about it.

I'm surprised that more Arsenal fans aren't saying this - he's been whining about how shit everyone else at Arsenal is for ages now. Even if he is right, he still shouldn't be making it so public that he thinks that way, would do my head in

Maybe a hint of a cigar too though.

Bilic? Hmm. Maybe some boiled cabbage and a Big Mac. Could've been so different. Poor bloke. Redknapp? Piss, no doubt about it.

A hint of cigar is okay, I'm sure it's a classy cigar. Nobody here wants a Wenger hug, since it probably smells of cheese and defeat.

I'd love to see what Conte could do with Mahrez. Not convinced we'll get him though, as long as we fill out our bench and deal with our depth issues I'll be happy.

Llorente, Mahrez, Barkley, Drinkwater and Rose.

Pls

Markitron

Do we have a striker yet?

Genuinely surprised the Ev left it so late, feels like it's been 6 months since they sold Lukaku, and they have known he would be gone since last year.

DBT85

I just had a look at the predictions doc, it's pretty funny that only 12 out of 28 predictions had Liverpool in the top 4. It doesn't include the recent predictions from the last few pages, of which all but one have Liverpool in the top 4.

Oxlade-Chamberlain isn't that good guys...................

After seeing how shit arsenal have been in the first 3 games I'd deffo be giving pool more of a chance at top 4 than arsenal.

Markitron

After seeing how shit arsenal have been in the first 3 games I'd deffo be giving pool more of a chance at top 4 than arsenal.

I don't see any possible way out for Arsenal this time. Even if they keep Sanchez I doubt he will have a vintage season. He doesn't need to as his WC spot is pretty safe.

Casual racism...

Yea, that's probably one of his milder examples alright.

The lower league transfer made up rumour accounts (usually ran by a 15 year old) are off and running. Rickie Lambert linked with Portsmouth, its too early in the morning to deal with why this bullshit.

Markitron

Llorente bid accepted from Tottenham, are Chelsea gonna get screwed over once more

That's a good signing, I have always rated him. I wanted Liverpool to sign him instead of Carroll 6 years ago. I'm surprised it didn't work out for him at Juve

Goddamn Chelsea floundering at transfers

They do it so often to other teams, it's nice to see come around on them.

TimmmV

Liverpool have a better manager and overall squad than Arsenal do, and Arsenal will also have Europa games this season. The negative atmosphere at Arsenal at the moment only makes things harder for them too (Liverpool can confirm this with how the club was under Hicks and Gilette, and under Hodgson)

Liverpool have to really fuck up this season to finish behind Arsenal, especially if Sanchez does leave today, and that was true before a ball had been kicked this season.

I can get why people expect Liverpool to finish outside the top 4, but theyre better than Arsenal for sure

MikeBison

Sky sports news outside Southampton training ground and VVD has turned up. Southampton said they would turn down any late bid.

Shut it down boys. Pack up and go home.

Markitron

Richard Keys is a fucking gobshite

Richard Keys‏Verified account @richardajkeys 52m52 minutes ago

So the window 'slams shut' today. Count how many times you hear that said. Truth is it simply 'closes'.

Sky sports news outside Southampton training ground and VVD has turned up. Southampton said they would turn down any late bid.

Shut it down boys. Pack up and go home.

I gave up when the club released that apology statement in June. I'm just really pissed we never bothered lining up another target. I'm not willing to believe that there isn't an upgrade on Lovren available somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom