• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammex

DIjZXQAW0AINsUB.jpg

5 Year deal, 120k a week - £35 mill.

T-Rex.

Banned
Happy with the signing. It looks like that's that though, Monaco want too much for Lemar, and Southampton don't want to sell Van Dijk.

5 Year deal, 120k a week - £35 mill.
Fair play to him for not just taking the extra £3.12m a year that Arsenal offered him purely because he believes his development is to become a CM and not a RM or RWB.

I mean, no offense but I don't think he's done this for glory or trophies or he would have chosen Chelsea (or stayed at Arsenal for those sweet FA medals).

MikeBison

Fair play to him for not just taking the extra £3.12m a year that Arsenal offered him purely because he believes his development is to become a CM and not a RM or RWB.

I mean, no offense but I don't think he's done this for glory or trophies or he would have chosen Chelsea (or stayed at Arsenal for those sweet FA medals).

Chelsea absolutely have more chance of trophies in the immediate future. But if he thinks he'd be bit part at Chelsea or a wing back, perhaps he thinks he could be a part of building something at Liverpool under Klopp. Definitely have momentum. Been saying it for a while now, the talk of 'going to go win trophies', well why don't you be the difference maker that helps your team win a trophy? Not always as simple as that, I know. But you catch my drift.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I see no reason for Di Maria to join Barcelona. At this point he has more chances to win CL with PSG. Unless this is some personal thing between him and Messi.

Pachimari

Eden Hazard: "It's clear Cristiano knows a lot about football, as he mentioned me as one of his successors."

DIjfDVKXcAAkt6L.jpg

Eden Hazard: "It's amazing to hear something like that from a player like Cristiano, he's one of the best players ever."
Eden Hazard: "I'm proud he said something like that for me, I do not feel any kind of pressure, it just makes me want to improve more."

sammex

Any suggestions on who to follow on Twitter to keep up with latest transfer news. Liverpool fan too.

The journalists who normally get news from the club are

@JamesPearceEcho
@AHunterGuardian
@_pauljoyce
@DominicKing_DM
@_ChrisBascombe

erm there are some more but can't think of them. Melissa Reddy already mentioned.

NHale

FFP is a joke. They make the clause so the money only count for next season and not this one.

Might as well end FFP because it doesn't work.

On talent that Aurier signing makes sense but I can see this not ending up well considering his temperament. But if Spurs get Mahrez they will have the talent and the depth to put the pressure once again.

NHale

Can you imagine Arsenal fans if they don't sign anyone and they see Tottenham signing Aurier and Mahrez today while they are building their new stadium (the excuse that worked for so many years at Arsenal)?

I fear for the safety of the Sky Sports correspondent at the Emirates today.

Can you imagine Arsenal fans if they don't sign anyone and they see Tottenham signing Aurier and Mahrez today while they are building their new stadium (the excuse that worked for so many years at Arsenal)?

I fear for the safety of the Sky Sports correspondent at the Emirates today.

Better no one than players we won’t use.
Though Tottenham getting Mahrez would be a little annoying ><

I feel like the first two games United had killed the possibility of aggressively moving for a transfer target. Really wished we could have signed a couple of more people.

People really love transfers huh.
I’m personally am in favor of the Pocchetino approach - bring in academy players. Buy nobodies like Dele Alli - turn them into stars.

Alas - those days of football are kind of over in the PL

caramac

Nothing wrong with the AOC signing imo, he's versatile and a decent enough player. The least he'll bring is much needed squad depth.

AOC looks genuinely happy, judging by the pics on the Liverpool website. I don't see what people see in him, but hope I'm proven wrong about him. Got my crow ready to eat in case it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom