• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serge Aurier has officially joined Tottenham.

icvLSiu.jpg

Tottenham really must think they are immune to red cards and fines from the FA.
A player with that many issues being added to the already disgusting spurs squad is simply asking for trouble.
Does this mean he will serve his prison sentence in the u.k when he arrives? i thought he was banned from getting a visa until 2018?

JoeNut

So if AOC wants to play centre mid then who is he replacing? rumours of Can going to Juve, or is he wanting to be further forward and take the Coutinho role?

Atomic Odin

Balague insisting Coutinho will not move to Barcelona

Therefore he is definitely going then isn't he?

Edit: Llorente having his medical at spurs. Poor Chelsea

TimmmV

Chelsea absolutely have more chance of trophies in the immediate future. But if he thinks he'd be bit part at Chelsea or a wing back, perhaps he thinks he could be a part of building something at Liverpool under Klopp. Definitely have momentum. Been saying it for a while now, the talk of 'going to go win trophies', well why don't you be the difference maker that helps your team win a trophy? Not always as simple as that, I know. But you catch my drift.

It's far from guaranteed that if he signed for Chelsea he would be managed by Conte for very long either. At least at Liverpool hes got a good chance of at least a couple of years under Klopp

Can you imagine Arsenal fans if they don't sign anyone and they see Tottenham signing Aurier and Mahrez today while they are building their new stadium (the excuse that worked for so many years at Arsenal)?

I fear for the safety of the Sky Sports correspondent at the Emirates today.

I can't imagine how Troopz could possibly get any angrier than he was in that video someone linked yesterday
but obviously would happily watch it

T-Rex.

Banned
Some per 90 stats comparing Ox and Lallana.

Key passes: 1.37 | 1.35
Assists: 0.40 | 0.27
Chances created: 1.77 | 1.62
Goals scored: 0.11 | 0.31
Pass completion: 83% | 84%
Total shots: 1.60 | 1.92
Tackles won: 1.83 | 1.39
Successful take-ons: 3.55 | 1.23
Interceptions: 0.57 | 0.73

Left is Ox, right is Lallana. I don't think anyone is going to suggest that Lallana hasn't been excellent playing in a Klopp midfield, so it's interesting to see that Ox's stats are comparable, or even better in a lot of the categories.

Dadasch

People really love transfers huh.
I’m personally am in favor of the Pocchetino approach - bring in academy players. Buy nobodies like Dele Alli - turn them into stars.

Alas - those days of football are kind of over in the PL
To the surprise of no one.
Transfer fees in EPL are insane for many many years and it's just getting worse, because they influence the whole market.

To be more precise: They FUCK the whole market.

Left is Ox, right is Lallana. I don't think anyone is going to suggest that Lallana hasn't been excellent playing in a Klopp midfield, so it's interesting to see that Ox's stats are comparable, or even better in a lot of the categories.

Give him his slot for a game or two then, if these are true. We'd be losing the striking desire Lallana has (though we'd be missing that with or without this transfer so that's moot), but if he's creating chances comparable to Adam, and is more inclined to get stuck in on tackles, he could be a solution to us facing teams that sit deep. Potentially.

Oh shit I just realised that every Arsenal player that has left Arsenal has won the league.

ITS HAPPENING GUYS. THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR

sarcasm

To the surprise of no one.
Transfer fees in EPL are insane for many many years and it's just getting worse, because they influence the whole market.

To be more precise: They FUCK the whole market.

To be fair though, Real Madrid and Barcelona are the ones who got the high prices ball rolling.

King_Moc

Banned

The fact that he has so many more take ons, but the goals are lower and the rest is similar, tells me he doesn't know when to pass and he can't shoot. The former can probably be coached out of him, at least.

T-Rex.

Banned
Give him his slot for a game or two then, if these are true. We'd be losing the striking desire Lallana has (though we'd be missing that with or without this transfer so that's moot), but if he's creating chances comparable to Adam, and is more inclined to get stuck in on tackles, he could be a solution to us facing teams that sit deep. Potentially.
That's what I've been saying for ages. People keep talking about how he's a bad fit cos he can't cross or whatever, who cares? I think that's the position he's been signed for and his numbers (taken from Squawka) suggest there's a really good player there. We're hardly going to sign him and stick as the deep lying midfielder, or play him in a 2 like Wenger did at times (iirc). It's all about rotation, and don't forget Lallana is 29 and is picking up a lot of injuries recently.

The fact that he has so many more take ons, but the goals are lower and the rest is similar, tells me he doesn't know when to pass and he can't shoot. The former can probably be coached out of him, at least.
That's what I'm hoping for.

There's no way he'd survive regular selection if he kept wasting opportunities with our forward lines. I think you're right, Klopp might give him a central mid position if he makes it clear he needs to help pass and play-make, just with more gusto in tackling than Lallana does.

Beefy

Verona must be pissed that Swansea has stepped in last min for Bony.

No bid
yet
for Van Dijk.

Our head of media....

@JordanSibley
in the car behind going out for my lunch. Can't believe I don't get the yellow BREAKING NEWS treatment ��

Palace bid for Mangala hahaha

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wonder how VVD will be treated by Southampton fans this season. Will they go out of their way to boo one of their own players? If they do I assume it would have to stop eventually.

caramac

I'm pretty sure he'll improve on those stats under Klopp

TimmmV

That's what I've been saying for ages. People keep talking about how he's a bad fit cos he can't cross or whatever, who cares? I think that's the position he's been signed for and his numbers (taken from Squawka) suggest there's a really good player there. We're hardly going to sign him and stick as the deep lying midfielder, or play him in a 2 like Wenger did at times (iirc). It's all about rotation, and don't forget Lallana is 29 and is picking up a lot of injuries recently.

People also need to remember Klopp's record for improving some of Liverpool's current players too - Lallana, Firmino, and Can all look like completely different players under him. Apart from maybe Sturridge, I would say that most of the squad are playing better under him then they did under Rodgers. Klopp has definitely earned the right to be given a chance with Ox

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Apart from maybe Sturridge, I would say that most of the squad are playing better under him then they did under Rodgers. Klopp has definitely earned the right to be given a chance with Ox

Klopp is playing them in their actual positions, that usually helps.

Markitron

Can't wait for us to sign no one and then for Conte to resign. Board are so stupid

Oh well, if the kids want a chance here it is…

Maybe giving a chance to one of the 50 youth players they are stockpiling wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Arsenal should have tried to sell Sanchez to Madrid and tried to get Bale. (Though both Barca and Spurs might not have been happy with that swap...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom