• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Quite telling about the state of Arsenal.

If Arsenal want to stay competitive Wenger needs to go asap. Too stubborn and fiscally conservative to keep up with everyone around them spending so big.

I just thought it was odd.

We're forever moaning about "mercenary" players moving for money, then a young player gets himself a really good move for what sounds like all the right reasons rather than money and he's got respected fellow professionals having a pop about it.

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/903147251333300224/photo/1

Lol Conte is not even in England during the transfer deadline time lol. He just give up there.O_O

Of course he is on holiday, chelsea hired him as a coach he has no say on transfers other than suggestions. It's been this way at chelsea for ages, one of the main reasons why they go through so many managers/coaches.

supermarket-sweep-arsene.gif

GHG

Should have sold him to PSG when we had the chance you fuckers.

So fucking stupid. Now we have no time to get player(s) in to replace his goals/assists.

Relegation battle it is then.

I just thought it was odd.

We're forever moaning about "mercenary" players moving for money, then a young player gets himself a really good move for what sounds like all the right reasons rather than money and he's got respected fellow professionals having a pop about it.

Oh it's definitely odd for calling him out about this specifically. Not just odd but stupid.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just subscribed to Arsenal Fan TV. I am so sorry but I've had so much fun watching that today.

I haven't watched it in ages. There's one where a guy is raging that AOC was sold to Liverpool 'after what they did to us with Suarez'.

That is some serious mental gymnastics. Arsenal try to get cute by offering £1 more than what they mistakenly believed was his release clause, and Arsenal fans are offended that Liverpool told them to F off? That was a massively underhanded and arrogant move by Arsenal that was rightly derided by almost everyone in the game.

Should have sold him to PSG when we had the chance you fuckers.

So fucking stupid. Now we have no time to get player(s) in to replace his goals/assists.

Relegation battle it is then.

Pretty sure no bid was made. Neymar was clearly their top target.

I think we’ll play better without him. City was probably gonna win the league anyways

sammex

Arsenal selling to the other top teams in the league is so stupid. It comes back to bite them in the arse all the time and they keep doing it. Top 6 is heading towards the top 5.

43grWiM.gif

Hello guys! More Liverpool fans present now ; - )

Since I was away:

-Liverpool smashing Hoffenheim and getting a good group in CL
-Beat Crystal Palace and Arsenal, 2 clean sheets whaaaat?
-Signing Keita(sorta) and Ox

Decent. Shame it looks like VVD and Lemar won't happen. But hopefully that means Coutinho stays and hopefully we'll still have a good season.

Empty

60m for sanchez's last year is probably the current market equivalent of 24m for van persie's back then. i imagine it will have the same effect on city as it did us.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how VVD will be treated by Southampton fans this season. Will they go out of their way to boo one of their own players? If they do I assume it would have to stop eventually.

You still expect players to operate with a certain level of professionalism. Nothing hints that he won't do that so it shouldn't be a problem. If he half arses it though and starts making mistakes because he doesn't care he can fuck right off.

Beefy

Hello guys! More Liverpool fans present now ; - )

Since I was away:

-Liverpool smashing Hoffenheim and getting a good group in CL
-Beat Crystal Palace and Arsenal, 2 clean sheets whaaaat?
-Signing Keita(sorta) and Ox

Decent. Shame it looks like VVD and Lemar won't happen. But hopefully that means Coutinho stays and hopefully we'll still have a good season.

Welcome back man

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If he doesn't act like a bellend it'll be fine. If he half arses it though and starts making mistakes because he doesn't care he can fuck right off.

It's a World Cup year and he will be wanting a move to a big club at the end of it (or January). I don't see half-arsing it being an option for him.

Zasa

About damn time. Could have done that much sooner without all the bull shit.
Still subject to Arsenal signing a replacement in Lemar (or Draxler) though.

From @Sammy_Goal:
Story with @ChrisWheatley_. City and Arsenal have verbally agreed a £60m deal for Alexis, but Arsenal want replacement (Lemar) first

City made offer worth roughly £60m last night. Arsenal accepted this morning. Arsenal want more time

Info from the Arsenal end suggests the Lemar deal is very difficult, and Draxler deal won't happen. In my personal view, they've had a mare

Not currently clear what will happen with Sanchez to City if Arsenal don't sort their act out

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/manc...lexis-sanchez-deal/1a5q7m71wtiaf17f5pmnkp9iep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom