• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Origi has gone on loan to Wolfsburg. 6m fee and they pay all his wages, no option to buy.

Everybody wins there IMO.

TimmmV

I'm only going by their PL record. I mean, holy shit. Sir Alex Ferguson dominated.

Don't be saying this around Rafa

I'm heavily biased, but thats not a ridiculous argument to make tbf. United are a machine that grinds out trophies - Liverpool do tend to be the team that either have glorious failure at the final hurdle, or some legendary win like Istanbul, or Gerrards FA cup final goal etc etc

There is a difference between "best" and "more romantic"

Hope the lad kills it in the Bundesliga. He's got a lot of potential.

Yep, in hindsight Funes Mori really fucked over Origi with that 'tackle' he did in Klopps first season. He was first choice striker and looking really good then, hasn't really got back to that level since

Dadasch

Wow! I didn't think he would have it in him to make a sensible decision like that. Thought he would go for big money instead like most English youth do.
I wouldn't call it THAT sensible considering his future teammates on the same position (Pulisic, Reus, Yarmolenko, Schürrle, Philipp), but it's certainly better than going to any EPL club. :p
For now he is one for the future and I'm absolutely happy to get someone that talented.

Danchi

Apparently Monaco have accepted a 95m offer from Arsenal. Ninety five million pounds.

It's hard to think the money couldn't be better used (i.e. Seri plus one of Mahrez or Draxler).

Though I suppose that means paying two players £100k+ p/w rather than just one.

velociraptor

Being an Arsenal fan is definitely the worst thing for your mental health.

Every week brings me pain and agony.

Wenger has destroyed us.

This squad is a joke.

We have no spine in this team, for some bizarre reason, we are playing a LB in CB, sold a CB, sold Ox but kept the useless plonker Theo, and are selling our best player.

What in God's name compelled Wenger to omit Mustafi and Lacazette from the starting 11 last season?

We could also do with a CM. Our current crop is garbage.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
He started to shine something fierce at the start of this season. Good luck to him!

Hope the lad kills it in the Bundesliga. He's got a lot of potential.

I watched the 2016/17 season review last night and he scored some great goals. The fact that there's no option to buy says a lot. This gives Ings and Solanke a bit of breathing room as well.

Remember not so long ago when the only backup striker we had was Ngog?

CrayToes

I watched the 2016/17 season review last night and he scored some great goals. The fact that there's no option to buy says a lot. This gives Ings and Solanke a bit of breathing room as well.

There's also an option to recall him in January if we want. That should send a strong message that Klopp rates him and he has a future here.

Kyoufu

Being an Arsenal fan is definitely the worst thing for your mental health.

Every week brings me pain and agony.

Wenger has destroyed us.

This squad is a joke.

We have no spine in this team, for some bizarre reason, we are playing a LB in CB, sold a CB, sold Ox but kept the useless plonker Theo, and are selling our best player.

What in God's name compelled Wenger to omit Mustafi and Lacazette from the starting 11 last season?

We could also do with a CM. Our current crop is garbage.

There are a lot of football clubs who would love to be Arsenal right now. If you think supporting Arsenal is stressful, try literally any other club below you.

TimmmV

FSR the only memory I haven't repressed of him is the goal vs United

It's hard to think the money couldn't be better used (i.e. Seri plus one of Mahrez or Draxler).

Though I suppose that means paying two players £100k+ p/w rather than just one.
If Ox is worth £40 now we would not have gotten Draxler and/or Mahrez for £95m.

I do wonder if we're actually, legitimately offering that though. I've resigned myself to 'fuck it' in regards to purchasing anyone.

CrayToes

The Sack Race‏
@thesackrace
Follow
More
Crystal Palace have Bakary Sako and want to sign Mamadou Sakho and Diafra Sakho.

Ironic, as Frank De Boer is heading for the Sacko!

Lmao

From Simon Mullock (tier 1 source for Man City):

https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/903244733044150275

OfYGY.gif

BTW, a chilean newspaper is reporting Alexis already told the rest of the national team the same: he is a Man City player.

OfYGY.gif

Zasa

As much as they look clueless here: Dembele was definitely not a panic buy.
Their only mistake was to wait until Neymar was already sold, but I guess that's their typical Barca hubris.

Agreed, there really wasn't a more promising replacement for Neymar that was available. Ticks many boxes.

Markitron

FSR the only memory I haven't repressed of him is the goal vs United

There was also the goal against Arsenal after Joe Cole got himself sent off and then Reina shit the bed. Actually I'm repressing that one too from now on, that was the start of Pepe's decline.

T-Rex.

Banned
@johncrossmirror
At this stage, Arsenal don't think Lemar will happen. Draxler still possible but unlikely. Sanchez not happening as it stands.

RIP.

FuturusX

Apparently Lemar told Monaco he only wants to go to Liverpool if they are going to sell him.

Did I somehow slip into an alternate reality, in which Liverpool are a club that top players genuinely want to join.

Is this the Klopp effect?

I'm not a big fan of OX but the fact that he turned down 180K a week tells you something.

Jimrpg

Everton doing fuck all.

Gonna end up with no Lukaku replacement and no LCB/LB cover.

Great.

Yeah I knew no one was coming in since there were hardly any rumors. No one is going to sell a top striker or defender now without being able to get something in return. All that posturing from Ron Ko and I knew it was all just for show.

Danchi

If Ox is worth £40 now we would not have gotten Draxler and/or Mahrez for £95m.

I do wonder if we're actually, legitimately offering that though. I've resigned myself to 'fuck it' in regards to purchasing anyone.

I think Leicester said they wouldn't accept less than £50m when Roma bid and Seri reportedly has a £36m release clause for clubs outside of France.

Zasa

BTW, a chilean newspaper is reporting Alexis already told the rest of the national team the same: he is a Man City player.

OfYGY.gif

Yeah, I saw that as well. La Tercera, right? Still subject to a Lemar or Draxler signing though, so it's still relatively up in the air

@johncrossmirror
At this stage, Arsenal don't think Lemar will happen. Draxler still possible but unlikely. Sanchez not happening as it stands.

RIP.
Worth noting, he also started the whole Man City offering Sterling rumor fwiw. Which was total nonsense

Daffy Duck

Did I somehow slip into an alternate reality, in which Liverpool are a club that top players genuinely want to join.

Is this the Klopp effect?

I'm not a big fan of OX but the fact that he turned down 180K a week tells you something.

Of course it's the Klopp effect.

Ryan_MSF

Zero faith whatsoever in Arsenal being able to sign either Lemar or Draxler seeing as they've failed to sign either all summer.

Would love to see Alexis come to the Etihad, but man. SIGH.

kromeo

Zero faith whatsoever in Arsenal being able to sign either Lemar or Draxler seeing as they've failed to sign either all summer.

Would love to see Alexis come to the Etihad, but man. SIGH.

We've been trying to buy Draxler for about 3 years...

He's next in line after we announce the long awaited signings of M'Villa and Kalou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom