• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

If Arsenal somehow sell Sanchez and buy no one...

08zjRwL.gif

T-Rex.

Banned
Worth noting, he also started the whole Man City offering Sterling rumor fwiw. Which was total nonsense
He does get info from the Arsenal end though. Imagine if they let Sanchez leave without getting in a good replacement? Fucking hell, the atmosphere around the club is going to be even more toxic.

azyless

Zero faith whatsoever in Arsenal being able to sign either Lemar or Draxler seeing as they've failed to sign either all summer.

Would love to see Alexis come to the Etihad, but man. SIGH.
Draxler could possibly be done if Arsenal isn't too cheap and PSG doesn't sell as much as they're supposed to. Could see him go for around 40 mil if PSG can't sell Di Maria.

There are a lot of football clubs who would love to be Arsenal right now. If you think supporting Arsenal is stressful, try literally any other club below you.
It's really not the same thing. Smaller clubs have different expectations too. My home team is a small-ish french side who just got relegated from Ligue 1 and it's fine. I don't feel particularly stressed about it.

nitewulf

I don't want Manchester City to win shit with Guardiola in the seat. Ugh.

Man U still looks like a much more cohesive team, and they have Ibra coming back for the second half of the season. Alexis is amazing, in fact I think the best player Arsenal managed to buy after Henry, the team should have been built around him, but whether he will fit in to Man City remains to be seen.

Being an Arsenal fan is definitely the worst thing for your mental health.

Every week brings me pain and agony.

Wenger has destroyed us.

This squad is a joke.

We have no spine in this team, for some bizarre reason, we are playing a LB in CB, sold a CB, sold Ox but kept the useless plonker Theo, and are selling our best player.

What in God's name compelled Wenger to omit Mustafi and Lacazette from the starting 11 last season?

We could also do with a CM. Our current crop is garbage.

All true.

There are a lot of football clubs who would love to be Arsenal right now. If you think supporting Arsenal is stressful, try literally any other club below you.

I don't know...supporting a club like Bournemouth may actually be very exciting and amazing.

OfYGY.gif

BTW, a chilean newspaper is reporting Alexis already told the rest of the national team the same: he is a Man City player.

OfYGY.gif

I mean, I can't disagree with your mood based on the current form of Arsenal...but many players who left Arsenal during better times haven't fared well.

Aleksandr Hleb, Fabregas, Van Persie (yeah he won the title with United, but then fucked off to nowhere).

Kyoufu

I don't know...supporting a club like Bournemouth may actually be very exciting and amazing.

Nope. There's nothing exciting about Bournemouth. They start and end every season in hopes of avoiding relegation. No trophies, no league challenges, no Europe, nothing.

Arsenal fans acting like they're the worst club in the world is hilarious tbh.

I can see some younger, less established players not wanting to go to Arsenal when a major managerial change is right on the horizon. Blame Moyes and LvG.

If these reports are true, that is.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
.but many players who left Arsenal during better times haven't fared well.

Aleksandr Hleb, Fabregas, Van Persie (yeah he won the title with United, but then fucked off to nowhere).

Fabregas won two Premier Leagues, a Spanish League and the European Championship since leaving Arsenal, as well as a number of assorted cups. I'd put Song and Adebayor in there instead.

Zasa

Agreed, still think Barca payed over the price. Don't think he's a one-of-a-kind player that warranted that money
Fair enough, it is a shit ton of money for sure. I'm optimistic about him though, these last two seasons he's been a sight to behold. Can't wait to see how well (or not) he plays with Messi & co.

He does get info from the Arsenal end though. Imagine if they let Sanchez leave without getting in a good replacement? Fucking hell, the atmosphere around the club is going to be even more toxic.
True, just think his info on this particular deal has been shoddy &/or late. Not an ideal situation for all three parties there if he stays, hopefully it doesn't happen.

TimmmV

Did I somehow slip into an alternate reality, in which Liverpool are a club that top players genuinely want to join.

Is this the Klopp effect?

I'm not a big fan of OX but the fact that he turned down 180K a week tells you something.

Klopp and CL football are definitely making a difference for sure, there is a night and day difference between the club now and what it was like in the summer after Rodgers got Liverpool to 2nd

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Klopp and CL football are definitely making a difference for sure, there is a night and day difference between the club now and what it was like in the summer after Rodgers got Liverpool to 2nd

Yea, we lost far and away our best player that summer and bought terribly. That summer was a shitshow that slowly got worse and worse.

Not only does Mignolet get dropped. Now his best buddy is off too:

Simon Mignolet‏ @SMignolet 1m
I will miss you @DivockOrigi. I'm sure you'll do a great job at Wolfsburg! ����������

Never been super convinced by Origi. He had that good spell towards the end of that Europa League adventure, then Funes Mori fucked him up. He got a lot to prove for me.

Yea, we lost far and away our best player that summer and bought terribly. That summer was a shitshow that slowly got worse and worse.

Yeah, it's freakish how much we've galvanised ourselves into being an attractive club to play for again, given it was only a few of seasons ago. I'm ambitious we can win silverware this year, I'm confident on top 4 (maybe 2), and as long as we don't blunder (I KNOW it's us) this and the next couple of transfer windows, we'll be title/CL challenging as an underdog again.

Markitron

A lot of Liverpool fans were quite down on Klopp after the opening game, miraculous turnaround in the space of 2 games..

The misgivings I had on opening day haven't changed one bit. Klopp is still ignoring our defence and his obsession with VVD is becoming a problem.

The defensive shitshow will continue to cost us and I'm damn sure I'll be moaning about it all year long.

Empty

A lot of Liverpool fans were quite down on Klopp after the opening game, miraculous turnaround in the space of 2 games..

just wait till they beat city after the internationals because pep will play a stupid defensive line that will get exposed over and over again

then it'll be on

the week after big chris wood will score a hattrick against them for burnley

The misgivings I had on opening day haven't changed one bit. Klopp is still ignoring our defence and his obsession with VVD is becoming a problem.

The defensive shitshow will continue to cost us and I'm damn sure I'll be moaning about it all year long.

Going forward we're as good as anyone. But I guess the issue will be the defence and can we get Matip and Lovren playing together as much as possible, because we don't concede AS OFTEN when they're a pair.

CrayToes

Nope. There's nothing exciting about Bournemouth. They start and end every season in hopes of avoiding relegation. No trophies, no league challenges, no Europe, nothing.

I feel like expectations play a huge role in your enjoyment of supporting a club. Arsenal probably have one of the worst expectations - success ratios in the world.

azyless

Not really. I don't think anyone should feel sad about winning 4 straight games, specially 4-0 against Arsenal.
I don't know any Liverpool fan who'll tell you we don't have big defensive issues though and doesn't question Klopp's tunnel vision for Van Dijk.

T-Rex.

Banned
just wait till they beat city after the internationals because pep will play a stupid defensive line that will get exposed over and over again

then it'll be on

How can it be on when Utd won the league on the opening day?
you're not wrong about Burnley though :lol

Going forward we're as good as anyone. But I guess the issue will be the defence and can we get Matip and Lovren playing together as much as possible, because we don't concede AS OFTEN when they're a pair.
Welcome back friend!

Markitron

then it'll be on

This is all highly likely, Liverpool are going to have an even more up and down season than last year. I'd be happy with a CL quarter final and 4th place. Both of those are realistic objectives.

Arsenal probably have one of the worst expectations - success ratios in the world.

You know who I honestly think this applies to most: Leeds fans, more specifically Leeds fans over the age of 25.

Oh good let's take 60 mil for Sanchez then put that money in the bank and do fuck all with it.

I want Sanchez to stay but Ox can piss off. How the fuck he's worth what Liverpewl is paying I don't know but that's their problem now.

Also not sure why the fuck he was playing last weekend when it was pretty much known he was going to leave.

Fuck it all!

Bumhead

Banned

Perspective required.

Bournemouth started a League Two season on -30 points a few years ago.

Relatively speaking, supporting Arsenal must be wank.

Yeah, I saw that as well. La Tercera, right? Still subject to a Lemar or Draxler signing though, so it's still relatively up in the air

Correct.

Damn, so I was celebrating earlier?!!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........uck 8/

Well, let's hope this ends well for Alexis, and I hope his mind is fully concentrated in tonight's match against Paraguay.

Kyoufu

Perspective required.

Bournemouth started a League Two season on -30 points a few years ago.

Relatively speaking, supporting Arsenal must be wank.

Arsenal won a trophy last year. If they think that's wank then I really want to see them support clubs below them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom