• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Arsenal won a trophy last year. If they think that's wank then I really want to see them support clubs below them.

Now I love the FA Cup..

But Arsenal should be competing for more than that. And they go through an annual circus of absolute bullshit at the expense of every other competition to win those FA Cups.

Doesn't he have a commentating gig, France play today
Ah fuck.

Now I love the FA Cup..

But Arsenal should be competing for more than that. And they go through an annual circus of absolute bullshit at the expense of every other competition to win those FA Cups.
But then we just achieve no league titles or anything just like Tottenham, Liverpool, etc... if we compete for the title we wont win it. This we do win.

£92m. Can understand why Liverpool supposedly walked away from that. Shame, would've liked him here.

Oxlade-Chamberlain takes the #21 shirt.

£92m. Can understand why Liverpool supposedly walked away from that. Shame, would've liked him here.

Shame too, however not for £92m. We still have Cou (fuck him personally but if he wants CL/WC football he'll have to perform here) so it wasn't like we needed to buy anyone else going forwards right now. VVD is the transfer that hurts - or, the whole lack of defender bids to more exact.

Oxlade-Chamberlain takes the #21 shirt.

e7e5b5162e85b8cffe94997bff25ec31--zidane-juventus.jpg

Empty

it's really a miracle monaco didn't win the treble when even their fifth or six best player is apparently worth 92 million

paying double what city paid for bernardo silva months ago is ridic

Doc_Drop

Arsenal won a trophy last year. If they think that's wank then I really want to see them support clubs below them.
I mean I wouldn't mind supporting Bournemouth, but yeh as a Newcastle fan Arsenal fans bitching can do one hehe, they know nothing of fall from graces in comparison

92 million is beyond insane. But when you compare it with how much they got for Ox, it's almost reasonable.

Hmm, I can see the logic there when you take Ox into account. A huge chunk of that would, in theory be the money that City would give for Sanchez, but I can imagine Arsenal want to see more talk from Monaco before buying him (potentially) with money that isn't really theirs just yet.

£92m is a panic buy

Yeah I'd rather we pull away even if he does want to come to Liverpool. I know he's meant to be class but £92 million is way too much for a player of his caliber. Arsenal can have this one. I don't see him improving Arsenal much considering the state they are in.

FuturusX

92 million is beyond insane. But when you compare it with how much they got for Ox, it's almost reasonable.

35 (with 5 in add-ons) is not a really that much money. He's English so that's always going to inflate his price, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing.

I don't even think 92 is that much for Lemar. It's a new world now.

I mean, I can't disagree with your mood based on the current form of Arsenal...but many players who left Arsenal during better times haven't fared well.

Aleksandr Hleb, Fabregas, Van Persie (yeah he won the title with United, but then fucked off to nowhere).

Oh I know. See, since I'm chilean, I'm not an Arsenal or Man City fan, but an Alexis' fan.

I just want him to play in a great team where he can do his best and have actual chances of winning something important, it's pretty clear he is not going to do any memorable if he stays at Arsenal (sadly).

But you're right, maybe he will fail miserably at winning anything with Man City, who knows, the thing is with Arsenal we know for sure he has ZERO chances. So, I want him to be as far as possible from Wenger.

Regards.

Beefy

Doesn't mean much, if the player is unhappy sooner or later he leaves. He'll stay for another season, but they're not getting 70 million for him lol.

You sure about that?

---------------

Swansea make £12million bid for Norwich striker Nelson Oliveira. #SwanseaCity #ncfc https://t.co/YmoeKDIZVz

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Zasa

Correct.

Damn, so I was celebrating earlier?!!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........uck 8/

Well, let's hope this ends well for Alexis, and I hope his mind is fully concentrated in tonight's match against Paraguay.
Lmfao! My bad! I bet there'll be endless cars honking in Santiago once the deal is announced officially on the radio or t13.

He'll be concentrated, but it'll be Vidal who saves our asses again ;)

Edit: Lacazette...

https://twitter.com/LacazetteAlex/status/903276620668121089

MikeBison

Ox paid for 3/4 of Lacazette.
Crazy market thanks to bloody PSG

I'd argue it was United who set it off. Early doors they paid £75m rising to £90m for Lukaku.

Neymar is a little different being a release clause and one of the 3 or 4 best players in the world, AND still young.

Beefy

He's not going anywhere today lol, and why stay next season if he has offers. Might get a high value if there's competition, but 70 million? Can't see it unless it's a PSG or Man City, money-no-object club.

You forget how much money Prem teams get for just being in the Prem. I know he isn't going I am a Saints fan. Van Dijk will most likely go this time next year. £70m for a Prem proven cb (one of the best defenders in the Prem) isn't much these days. The transfermarket has gone up a level because of the cash

NHale

Ox paid for 3/4 of Lacazette.
Crazy market thanks to bloody PSG

This doesn't have anything to do with PSG. Neymar is actually one of the best deals of the entire summer if you really think about it, a top 5 player at least for £198M while Dembele costs £96M, or Lemar £92M.

The issue is Premier League TV deal gives so much money to any team in the league that you end up with a circulating cash flow that makes clubs stupid at deadline, see Nelson Oliveira being offered £12M.

EDIT: Also it's a proven fact that if you can make deals early, those deals are always cheaper than on the last days of the summer transfer window. That's why Lacazette was so cheap compared to prices going around about now. If Arsenal wanted to sell Ox in June, they would never receive an offer like Chelsea/Liverpool did yesterday.

T-Rex.

Banned
@mattspiro
Monaco accept #Arsenal's £90m bid for Thomas Lemar. However am told player would rather join #Liverpool

Gonna laugh if he turns them down.

Beefy

This doesn't have anything to do with PSG. Neymar is actually one of the best deals of the entire summer if you really think about it, a top 5 player at least for £198M while Dembele costs £96M, or Lemar £92M.

The issue is Premier League TV deal gives so much money to any team in the league that you end up with a circulating cash flow that makes clubs stupid at deadline, see Nelson Oliveira being offered £12M.

Going to get even more crazy in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom