• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's Arsene Wenger we are talking about right?

arsenal-transfer-xi_3753774.jpg

Wow, doesn't even have room for Ibrahimovic in that team. He really is elite when it comes to almost signing players.

Yeah Liverpool's transfers this summer haven't been as great as we hoped for. But man can we please do something about the new Youtube design, think it's shite.

Empty

yeah no-one is going to be deceived by that spin. arsenal can easily quadruple his wage on their wage structure.

i don't blame lemar. why would you make a switch to a europa league club in turmoil and face an possibly awkward transition to a tricky league for technical players with immense pressure because of the fee and the burden of replacing alexis, when if you have a breakout season barca, madrid, bayern or psg could be in for you next season.

Sane_Man

Apparently Arsenal could've had Lemar for ~£50 Million in July.

Now they're panicking and spending £90 Million.

Joke of a football club.

Even better, they're bidding £92 million but the player doesn't want to go anymore since he's been turned by Liverpool. I genuinely feel bad for Arsenal in a way though. Reminds me of Liverpool's many dark days, particularly under the previous owners.

Beefy

So Liverpool transfers in done according to @CarlMarkham. Van Dijk stays , best be willing to fight and fuck off with the ego.

And yet if Coutinho goes to Barca, Liverpool takes the place for Arsenal as Barca feeding club.

In a way I guess that’s a step up for LP and a demotion for Arsenal lol

It’s ok. I’m in it for the long game

Sane_Man

And yet if Coutinho goes to Barca, Liverpool takes the place for Arsenal as Barca feeding club.

In a way I guess that’s a step up for LP and a demotion for Arsenal lol

It’s ok. I’m in it for the long game

The Premiership in general is a feeder league for the two big Spanish teams. Everyone wants to go there. It's seen as the pinnacle for a Footballer and PSG are trying to buy themselves into that category.

But hey. Only 3 months left till January after all...

Coutinho(touch on wood) to come back, Lallana and Clyne. Just gotta magically hope the defending improves!

T-Rex.

Banned
Now we just have to pray to R'hllor that Matip and Lovren stay injury free all season. The window hasn't been perfect, but it hasn't been a disaster either.

FuturusX

If I recall correctly doesn't the Spanish transfer window shut a day later than in the UK and as such the Phil could still move to Barca?

But now they backed off because they don't have time to make a deal. They aren't a joke anymore.

My wild guess is: Let's make a £92M offer (leaking to the press) and when they refuse, we are free to sell Alexis because we tried to get a replacement. Oh shit they accepted it? We don't have time for this guys. Abort. Abort.

This made me laugh more than it should have. Well done.

Sane_Man

Now we just have to pray to R'hllor that Matip and Lovren stay injury free all season. The window hasn't been perfect, but it hasn't been a disaster either.

When you're praying that Lovren doesn't get injured you know you're in trouble.

I can't remember the last time Liverpool didn't have a gaping hole in their starting 11. And the mindset of "we'll get VVD next season" doesn't really fly when there's a good chance we'll lose some more of our star players next season and the gaps start appearing again. It's like we're in a slowly sinking boat and we never quite have enough fingers to plug all the holes.Time and time again this has stopped us winning the league.

Floody

If I recall correctly doesn't the Spanish transfer window shut a day later than in the UK and as such the Phil could still move to Barca.

I doubt we cave after saying no for a month, in the last 24h, when it'd be literally impossible to replace him. If he's not gone when the transfer window closes for us, he ain't going.

T-Rex.

Banned
When you're praying that Lovren doesn't get injured you know you're in trouble.

I can't remember the last time Liverpool didn't have a gaping hole in their starting 11. And the mindset of "we'll get VVD next season" doesn't really fly when there's a good chance we'll lose some more of our star players and the gaps start appearing again. It's like we're in a slowly sinking boat and we never quite have enough fingers to plug all the holes.Time and time again this has stopped us winning the league.
I'm not as down on our defence as everybody else tbh. Don't get me wrong, we need a CB, but I don't think Lovren and Matip are a terrible pairing or anything. It's just that when one of them is out the back-up is Klavan and he's not very good, and unfortunately they seem to miss a lot of games.

Obviously we can improve on Lovren and it's ridiculous we've gone into this window with a "Van Dijk or no-one" mentality though.

Sitting idle here and following twitter makes me feel like yeah, Pool finished business now. I'm a napping until 10 and see if there is any sort of craziness for any team going on. Have fun!

FuturusX

I doubt we cave after saying no for a month in the last 24h, when it'd be literally impossible to replace him. If he's not gone when the transfer window closes for us, he ain't going.

Indeed, agreed on all points. But I wouldn't be surprised if a big cash deal buckles FSG's resolve. Money talks. But it does seem as though FSG mean business this window.

sora87

From "Liverpool set to splurge on deadline day" to "wow it's fucking nothing" in less than 24 hours.
No central defender and an overrated English national for 40m. Every year I get sucked into this farce only to be disappointed.

Of course we didn't address our biggest weakness lol, that defense is gonna cost us big this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom