• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Liverpool fans, any truth to the coutinho to Barca rumors?

As a Real Madrid fan, I want to see Barca get fucked, of course

We seem to be done buying players now, so pretty much no chance we're selling players we want to keep at this point. The offer it'd take would have to be insane by this windows standards.

Liverpool fans, any truth to the coutinho to Barca rumors?

As a Real Madrid fan, I want to see Barca get fucked, of course

If we sell now there will be fucking riots. I'm fucking raging. Why the hell are we keeping a player who does not want to be there WHY! FSG can suck my ample balls. Everytime we get a chance to progress as a club we fuck up the next transfer window.... EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Could this be true? lol, why in the hell would a club act like this? is Arsenal run by some spoiled kids or what.

Hard to believe all of sudden, even with the Sanchez cash, that Arsenal made such a substantial bid. Makes them look good, they tried, Monaco too stubborn, meanwhile they could've got a good player for less than that if they wanted.

Fact is, Arsenal have a lot of players to offload and reduce the salary budget, don't think the board will be too upset if Ozil leaves at the end of the season.

Wenger implied as much as he said he was more concerned with offloading players than buying new ones (this was prior to the Liverpool debacle, but I don't think he's changed his mind)

Audioboxer

I was working for a few hours and was reminded it's transfer deadline day.... IT'S TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY!

Time to go make dinner and get excited.

#CoutinhoStays

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If we sell now there will be fucking riots. I'm fucking raging. Why the hell are we keeping a player who does not want to be there WHY! FSG can suck my ample balls. Everytime we get a chance to progress as a club we fuck up the next transfer window.... EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I'm pissed at him too, but that will evaporate as soon as he cuts in on his right foot and bends one into the top corner. He's a world class player and we have a better chance of winning something with him in the squad. Gotta get over the awkward period first though.

I was working for a few hours and was reminded it's transfer deadline day.... IT'S TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY!

Time to go make dinner and get excited.

#CoutinhoStays
Not a whole lot going on really. No United activity. Spurs signed a red card threat and Liverpool signed an injury prone 24 year old "prospect".

I'm pissed at him too, but that will evaporate as soon as he cuts in on his right foot and bends one into the top corner. He's a world class player and we have a better chance of winning something with him in the squad. Gotta get over the awkward period first though.

Yep for sure. I recall a certain captain that our fanbase idolize like no other, being a hairbreadth of going to Chelsea at one point.

Kyoufu

There's absolutely no way Rafa will stay at this club. No. Chance.

Anyone who wants him can easily pay his £6m clause. West Ham will probably do it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Liverpool is not selling Coutinho, we should get Lemar have a feeling that he is going to have a breakout season will probably cost 150 millions next summer.

Yep for sure. I recall a certain captain that our fanbase idolize like no other, being a hairbreadth of going to Chelsea at one point.
There's even a lovely song about that. To be fair, Rooney did the same exact thing but for a ridiculous ransom. :/ Except for the transfer request but there were threats.

Audioboxer

Talking about dodging a bullet with a previous speculated "transfer"

cEyzIBX.png

Then again, Moyes, LvG or Wenger...

aJq5x5T.gif

LvG got the FA Cup, but, Wenger is the FA Cup expert.

Not a whole lot going on really. No United activity. Spurs signed a red card threat and Liverpool signed an injury prone 24 year old "prospect".

Clearly Woodward has Bale, Griezmann or Ronaldo secretly in the bag for a last minute unveiling.

TimmmV

There's even a lovely song about that. To be fair, Rooney did the same exact thing but for a ridiculous ransom. :/ Except for the transfer request but there were threats.

Ronaldo also had all of old trafford booing him after he tried to go to Madrid, most United fans worship him now

Football supporters tend not to have very long memories

Ronaldo also had all of old trafford booing him after he tried to go to Madrid, most United fans worship him now

Football supporters tend not to have very long memories
That was a real rough summer to keep him so I can understand the frustration people had at the time. Fans in Madrid constantly booing him for not scoring a goal every game is downright wrong though. He's still treated like a king at Old Trafford even though he's not on the pitch.

azyless

Liverpool is not selling Coutinho, we should get Lemar have a feeling that he is going to have a breakout season will probably cost 150 millions next summer.
I'm sure he will, that's why I'm so disappointed we got AOC instead who is never gonna be anything more than a squad option.
Lemar was my favorite player to watch last year in Ligue 1 with M'Bappé, and he wasn't even playing in his best position imo.

Sane_Man

Problem for Arsenal is that Sanchez could literally come out onto the pitch, do a shit in the centre circle, and walk back into the dressing room every time he gets picked and he'd still start for Chile in the World Cup. Coutinho, however, is fighting for his place in the Brazil starting line up so needs to keep working hard. Arsenal should have sold him no matter what imo. No guarantee he'll put any effort in if he's angry.

Audioboxer

I hope he plays like shit on purpose if that's the case. Fuck Wenger and whoever is involved in this.

UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif

Nah, Sanchez can sit on a spike if he plays shit on purpose. So can Coutinho. You're contracted and you're on massive wages. State your case for wanting to leave, but if the club deems you're staying this window get on with it and focus on playing, followed by the next window.

Ronaldo had some hot water with Fergie when Real came calling, but Fergie got it through to him he was to play one more year and then he could leave. Ronaldo went out in the end and delivered like a pro. Coutinho and Sanchez need to do that too. Sanchez is guaranteed to leave next year, Coutinho probably will be too failing Liverpool going on a mass trophy earning spree.

Mourinho should have had a nibble at Sanchez, Bale is never coming to United. Last time we signed an Arsenal player we won the league as well ;)

TimmmV

That was a real rough summer to keep him so I can understand the frustration people had at the time. Fans in Madrid constantly booing him for not scoring a goal every game is downright wrong though. He's still treated like a king at Old Trafford even though he's not on the pitch.

It seems to be pretty similar to what happened with Suarez (minus the biting ofc) and will likely happen with Coutinho next year - player openly agitates for a move and tries to burn their bridges one summer, club secretly agrees on one more year out of them to prepare, player is briefly criticised but then liked again as soon as they start playing well, player moves a year later without leaving a sour taste in the mouth of the supporters

Still really pisses me off that Coutinho has faked being injured though. Don't think I'll forget that one regardless of how well he plays (assuming he does stay after all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom