• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I feel like the Arse meltdown is kind of over the top.

Wenger will do his usual thing once the season resumes. Arse will go on a string of wins and be near the top during Christmas. And then the team will start dropping points here and there before finally finishing the season with a whimper at fourth fifth.

Sane_Man

Still really pisses me off that Coutinho has faked being injured though. Don't think I'll forget that one regardless of how well he plays (assuming he does stay after all)

In his (minor) defence, that could have been concocted between the club and Coutinho so he wasn't playing during the transfer window when he wanted out. We don't know for sure it was all on Coutinho's end.

I still like Coutinho. Barca is a strong draw and people get desperate when they're sucked into it. Mascherano did some dodgy stuff when he felt the pull but I still remember him fondly (especially when he dedicated Barca's Champs League win over United to LFC fans <3 )

I see Jose's best friend Duncan Castles are reporting that Barcelona are planning to steal Mbappe because they can't get Coutinho.

How does this clown get paid to write nonsense like this?

I hope he plays like shit on purpose if that's the case. Fuck Wenger and whoever is involved in this.

UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif

No chance he will play shit on purpose but he will take a massive shit in the well that is Arsenal. All players that get forced to stay on do it but seeing as Arsenal is in a pretty bad way at the moment it could be bad rather than the nuisance it usually is.

Kandinsky

I hope he plays like shit on purpose if that's the case. Fuck Wenger and whoever is involved in this.

UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif
UMFpysx.gif

Well if you're a fan, like you said, you probably know that there's no way Sanchez will do that, he will still give his 100% I'm sure.

I'm kinda sorta happy he is staying btw, go Arsenal!

:(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I see Jose's best friend Duncan Castles are reporting that Barcelona are planning to steal Mbappe because they can't get Coutinho.

How does this clown get paid to write nonsense like this?

His payment is that he gets to smell Jose's farts once a week. That dopey cunt is practically Mou's publicist, the bar for football writers is very low and he is still is a disgrace to the profession.

T-Rex.

Banned
A fee was agreed between Monaco and Arsenal for Lemar but the midfielder replied with an emphatic no. (@GuillemBalague)
Lemar has said no to Arsenal despite pressure from some of Arsenal's French players. (@GuillemBalague)

I'm choosing to believe Balague here just because it's funny.

Sane_Man

A fee was agreed between Monaco and Arsenal for Lemar but the midfielder replied with an emphatic no. (@GuillemBalague)
Lemar has said no to Arsenal despite pressure from some of Arsenal's French players. (@GuillemBalague)

Haha I do hope that's true. The image of Giroud and co banging on his hotel door in desperation is amazing. And Lemar telling them all to jog on.

cromofo

Jim White saying 3 announcements for Everton.

I guess Vlaši&#263; and two more. Striker and defender perhaps.

Inb4 Okaka

'Some' Arsenal players, not 'all'. I wonder who has told him to steer clear &#129300;

Sane_Man

Nice, wonder if we managed to get the 30m we were asking for.

Reluctantly I'm happy since Klopp obviously don't want to mend bridges with him and we already have enough unwanted players who we can't get off the books. I was still hoping Klopp would forgive him though. He's a better option than all of our centre backs, barring Matip (who is somewhat injury prone).

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I think I would have preferred Lemar over Sanchez at this point so I'm sad the deal fell through, it is nice to see the smug city fans not get their player for at least another year though now.

GHG

I think I would have preferred Lemar over Sanchez at this point so I'm sad the deal fell through, it is nice to see the smug city fans not get their player for at least another year though now.

Wenger was going to ruin Lemar and waste £90m so this is the best case scenario.

I now hope agents Sanchez and Mustafi do everything they can to cause a player revolt so the hoard have no choice but to sack Wenger.

Sane_Man

£26 million for Sakho supposedly. Not bad.

Dream scenario: we decided to sell because we're about to wrap up VVD. BELIEVE (don't).

Markitron

It's a one season long loan for Mbappé with an obligation to buy him for 180m&#8364; next summer.

I don't understand this arrangement at all. Why are Monaco helping their biggest rivals cheat the FFP system and losing their best player for a year, rather than keeping him and selling him for that price (or more) next year.

£26 million for Sakho supposedly. Not bad.

Dream scenario: we decided to sell because we're about to wrap up VVD. BELIEVE (don't).

You kid but this is what most morons on Twitter will choose to believe.

Sane_Man

I don't understand this arrangement at all. Why are Monaco helping their biggest rivals cheat the FFP system and losing their best player for a year, rather than keeping him and selling him for that price (or more) next year.

Imagine if Liverpool loaned their star players to Man United with an option to buy... crazy. Perhaps it's different in France but I'd be smashing my fist against walls.

Markitron

Imagine if Liverpool loaned their star players to Man United with an option to buy... crazy. Perhaps it's different in France but I'd be smashing my first against walls.

It makes no sense whatsoever. There's no angle I can come at it from where it's of any benefit whatsoever to Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom