• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

"I have decided, based on discussions with the drivers, they are likely to be put in more danger trying to dispose of tear-offs in the cockpit than they are from a tear-off on the track.

"With this in mind I felt the best thing to do was exercise common sense and ask the drivers to simply keep the amount of visors they use to an absolute minimum, bearing in mind of course that this will vary due to a number of factors.

"Based on this rationale we do not intend to make a report about any driver disposing of a tear-off on the track or in the pitlane."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124504/fia-makes-uturn-on-f1-tearoffs-ban

Typical FIA.

DD

Soooo looking forward to the WTCC race, last race in Morocco was good, mostly because of the havoc of race 1 with the wet track and Coronel winning

WTCC is the coolest championship no one cares about.
Nice looking cars and awesome circuits like Macau and Nurburgring.

The guy in the yellow car is like a video game player. You want to pass? Bump you out of the way, and you and you...

LOL!

McNum

I don't believe they could take care of that in 2 seconds. D:
I think you're underestimating F1 pit crews there. I don't see why they couldn't get it down to less than two seconds. It all comes down to designing the tearaway right and training the crew. And those two things F1 has never really failed at.

Zeknurn

I like to think there's a team named "RUSSIAN TIME" just so that when their drivers do a power slide it will pop up on screen.

mclem

I think you're underestimating F1 pit crews there. I don't see why they couldn't get it down to less than two seconds. It all comes down to designing the tearaway right and training the crew. And those two things F1 has never really failed at.

I could see them having a crane device which is attached during the stop and actually pulls the tearaway clear as they drive away.

Which is probably all kinds of health-and-safety dangerous, but would in fact look quite cool.

Zaru

Though, I'm curious how Williams managed to optimize pitstops to such a degree that the 4 teams that spend more than twice as much money on F1 couldn't.

Aiii

So not worth it
F1 2016 screens...
f1_2016_may_001_wm.jpg7sb3.jpg

f1_2016_may_002_wm.jpo8sc5.jpg

f1_2016_may_003_wm.jphesyy.jpg

f1_2016_may_005_wm.jprlslg.jpg

f1_2016_may_006_wm.jpr7sbv.jpg

f1_2016_may_008_wm.jpdrs8t.jpg

f1_2016_may_009_wm.jp6xsa0.jpg

f1_2016_may_010_wm.jp6rspg.jpg

f1_2016_may_011_wm.jpc2sao.jpg

f1_2016_may_012_wm.jpi1sed.jpg
Summer 2016.

xrnzaaas

I'm still playing F1 2015 and I'm enjoying it very much. The biggest downside is that you can't play a championship as a custom player (preferably in some kind of career mode). There are only basic 2014 & 2015 championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom