• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

No love for Alonso or Raikkonen. :(

1k4zjp.png

Nevermind, I was only looking at the faces. ;p

Lach

Because someone decided to light them too evenly from both sides.

Damn I new something was very off, but I couldn't put a finger on it. It looks really weird. Especially Checo.

[edit] Sauber and Willams the only teams not represented on the cover (TR if you count VES as RB)

Zaru

Not that anyone will be surprised, but it's looking like being Button's final year in F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36393472

Seems like the right time to leave.
I really doubt he'll ever have a shot at a title again. Even winning races seems unlikely, given McHonda's situation and that of any team that could take him in (Williams?).

I would say the same to Alonso (and by age, Räikkönen), but at that level every year still nets you a lot of money for retirement, so I'd understand wanting to stay even if there's no bright future ahead.

chadskin

AMuS is reporting a slightly enhanced version of Ferrari's halo concept is coming in 2017 and then, in 2018 they'll switch to a modified version of Red Bull's aero screen concept, with the eventual goal of a fully closed cockpit.

Other teams feared Red Bull might have an advantage if the aero screen were to be introduced next year, hence they decided on the halo as an intermediate step. So, get ready for this abomination next year :/

Ferrari-Halo-Cockpit-Schutz-Barcelona-Test-Formel-1-fotoshowBig-87ae9cec-932259.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
They need to make sure that teams have NO MORE say in F1 rules and regulations within a couple of years from now.

Because fuck them and their shitty fear of competition getting in the way of good decision making.

Every damn year with this shit.

DBT85

AMuS is reporting a slightly enhanced version of Ferrari's halo concept is coming in 2017 and then, in 2018 they'll switch to a modified version of Red Bull's aero screen concept, with the eventual goal of a fully closed cockpit.

Other teams feared Red Bull might have an advantage if the aero screen were to be introduced next year, hence they decided on the halo as an intermediate step. So, get ready for this abomination next year :/

Ferrari-Halo-Cockpit-Schutz-Barcelona-Test-Formel-1-fotoshowBig-87ae9cec-932259.jpg

Ffs, this is one of those areas where the bloody democracy of the F1 rules is bloody stupid. This is the lid you're using, don't like it? Feck off. No ifs no buts no coconuts.

They need to make sure that teams have NO MORE say in F1 rules and regulations within a couple of years from now.

Because fuck them and their shitty fear of competition getting in the way of good decision making.

Every damn year with this shit.

There's a very irrational fear on behalf of the FIA of Ferrari "pulling out" of F1 if they feel threatened, i believe is BS but alas Ferrari pulled their weight around to get that Halo concept to be accepted, I still think RBR is going to beat them in the championship this year "for sure"

xrnzaaas

Weird that Williams got no presentation on box art at all.

No Williams is actually understable (not necessarily acceptable ;)), because of the low PEGI/ESRB rating they can't show the Martini colors (if I remember right Massa didn't have them on the last year's cover). The car will probably also again lack the Martini livery.

Mastah

RIP F1 popularity. This will be the final nail in the coffin.

I think the drama about the halo is overblown.

If F1 can survive a season of (literal) penis noses, it will survive a season of a shittier looking head protection to potentially save a driver's life.

Aiii

So not worth it

If F1 can survive a season of (literal) penis noses, it will survive a season of a shittier looking head protection to potentially save a driver's life.

hard to tell, but I'm sure people aren't serious when they declare F1 dead over a safety precaution.

DBT85

But it didn't need to have it look so shit. If Force India had suggested it they would have all adopted it with no issue, but because its RB, they must have some sneaky advantage so no fuck that, lets ruin the look of the cars in the year where they actually start to look a bit better.

infi

But it didn't need to have it look so shit. If Force India had suggested it they would have all adopted it with no issue, but because its RB, they must have some sneaky advantage so no fuck that, lets ruin the look of the cars in the year where they actually start to look a bit better.

According to the BBC the RB screen didn't do well in recent tests so that's why it was put off till next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36404898

hard to tell, but I'm sure people aren't serious when they declare F1 dead over a safety precaution.
You never know!

Of course it didn't have to look so bad, but that's how politics in this sport works. And yes, fuck Ferrari for their paranoia. It's not like they'd be able to beat Red Bull either way.

But what I'm saying is that the halo won't make the racing and the sport any less enjoyable for me. It's an ugly thing that we're going to have to deal with for a season, but with a good reason. Think of it as braces on F1 cars. They're ugly, uncomfortable and no one wants to look at it, but it's only for a short period of time and the positives outweigh the negatives.
Im saying that as someone who never had to wear them, so please excuse my shitty analogy

RSP

I don't understand why the halo is a problem.

Just a safety measure, right? Why would you stop watching because of something like that?

Zaru

If those are their Qualifying setup tests, then I'm loving how close it is at the top. Could be a thrilling Q3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom