• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

Lemme tell ya folks the Vila Real WTCC street track feels much more alive than the Baku circuit that thing looked like a ghost town

As I said before, WTCC is the coolest series no one cares about. :c

They even race at Macau and Nordschleife, ffs!

Aiii

So not worth it
2789c5a0-3ba2-11e6-ba89-933cdd9234de_JWTSG.gif

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/nascar-drivers-brawl-after-late-wreck-1782622722

Some silly season news, because why not.

Mika Salo is pretty sure that Bottas is going to end up at Mercedes.

"It's the worst scenario for him," Salo explained to GPUpdate.net, when asked about the prospect of Bottas spending another season at Williams, his fifth as a full-time driver.

"He can't win races with Williams at the moment, and he needs to start winning soon.

"He needs to do the best job he can and to keep beating [Felipe] Massa all the time, or whoever his team-mate will be next year, and then wait for a seat at Mercedes to open up."

Asked if he expects Bottas to be at the top of Mercedes' list, if and when Hamilton or Rosberg move on, Salo replied: "He's managed by Toto, so I'm pretty sure Toto will take him there.

"He's shown already that he's good. He's a clever driver, perfect for that side."

Salo reckons Bottas' link to Mercedes will also prevent a switch to Ferrari.

"I don't see Valtteri going anywhere else for next year; there are no good seats available and, even if Kimi [Räikkönen] leaves, I don't see Ferrari taking him," Salo went on to comment.

"He's managed by the Mercedes boss, so Ferrari is not going to sign him!"

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/341088/salo-tips-bottas-to-end-up-at-mercedes/

I didn't know Toto was his manager.

DBT85

Can't see anyone in those Mercs other than Britney and Blessed for next season. Lewis as about to sign a new deal and Nico is there for at least a year right?

Zaru

So AMuS (german, sorry) has some detailled info on how Mercedes supposedly gets around the tyre pressures set by Pirelli, by basically superheating everything near the tyres (not just the tyres themselves) to drive up the pressure at the start with expensive gear while Ferrari and Red Bull are barely figuring out how to do this.

This meant a lower advantage in cold/wet situations like Monaco and Montreal but a bigger advantage in places like hot Baku.
Getting the tyres to work properly is a huge deal this year.

DD

Instead it will be used to fund bankrupt grand prixs like Brazil, San Marino, Istanbul...

:(

Brazil is locked for at least some more years. I'm more worried about Germany, tbh. It's ridiculous that France (!) doesn't have a race for this many years, ffs. Bernie has no respect for the legacy of these places. All they care about is money. =x

Orgun

I got a free bet so I decided to bet on Rosberg being the first to retire this weekend with 25/1 odds.

I'll be rooting for it anyways so may as well try and win something with long odds hehe

Fox Mulder

I got a free bet so I decided to bet on Rosberg being the first to retire this weekend with 25/1 odds.

I'll be rooting for it anyways so may as well try and win something with long odds hehe

I always hope for both mercs to dnf so we get a great race at the front again. Max winning was just so fun.

So AMuS (german, sorry) has some detailled info on how Mercedes supposedly gets around the tyre pressures set by Pirelli, by basically superheating everything near the tyres (not just the tyres themselves) to drive up the pressure at the start with expensive gear while Ferrari and Red Bull are barely figuring out how to do this.

This meant a lower advantage in cold/wet situations like Monaco and Montreal but a bigger advantage in places like hot Baku.
Getting the tyres to work properly is a huge deal this year.

CHEATERS

They are basically Judas to German Jesus.

That Honda car was sensational looking.

brawn-gp-bgp-001-9.jpg

One of the best looking f1 cars of all time.

Rumour that Button has signed a pre-contract agreement with Williams, Massa out.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We can expect very fast lap time at Spielberg this weekend on one of the shortest tracks (but with one of the biggest height differences). They removed several bumps and relaid tarmac on several parts. Pole last year was at 1:08.455, but we know that Qs began on drying track.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The thing that really strikes me is the simplicity of the front wing.
I know its been 7 years but the evolution & understanding of how to control tyre wake & generate additional downforce is staggering.

The thing that really strikes me is the simplicity of the front wing.
I know its been 7 years but the evolution & understanding of how to control tyre wake & generate additional downforce is staggering.
The old wings look like cheese slicers compared to the modern wings.

DD

Wasn't it between him and Bruno Senna? I guess Barrichello was literally the hungrier driver.

He'll double William's whinging quota...
Brawn signed Barrichello saying he wanted experienced drivers to develop the car. :3

Bruno could be a great driver if he hadn't started his career so late.

Brawn signed Barrichello saying he wanted experienced drivers to develop the car. :3

Bruno could be a great driver if he hadn't started his career so late.
Sadly Bruno's career wasn't fully in his hands. His family understandably kept him from it. Didn't he get fucked out of a GP2 championship by a stray dog or something?

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sorry to see Massa go, one of those drivers that was basically just filling a seat that could go to a talented rookie instead. F1 is in need of some fresh blood.

Zeknurn

Sainz confirmed at Toro Rosso for 2017.

It's too bad a seat didn't open up at Ferrari for him since he has no future at Red Bull.

I wonder if this means we will get to see Buemi at Renault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom