• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Not sure I like the 2017 tyres.

CnOnmPPUMAAGYrZ.jpg:large
I definitely do, but then I'm an ass man myself.

Jesus, only one Australian in the list and it's a golfer? RBR drivers are traditionally on lower rates though, yeah? From what I remember, even when Seb was reigning WDC he wasn't earning as much as Nando at Ferrari.

I definitely do, but then I'm an ass man myself.

Jesus, only one Australian in the list and it's a golfer? RBR drivers are traditionally on lower rates though, yeah? From what I remember, even when Seb was reigning WDC he wasn't earning as much as Nando at Ferrari.

I believe RB pays big bonuses for wins and championships. 1 million for a win etc...

Perez got himself a year on McLaren and was pretty much expelled from there.
That McLaren was a piece of shit though so I really don't blame Perez for that. I honestly just don't think McLaren as a team fit Perez honestly. The place is too corporate, I wish FI had a bigger budget, but he's responsible for all of their recent podiums so he's clearly doing something right with them.

Mastah

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has been in Maranello this week holding key meetings with staff to work out what needs to be done to rescue its season.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marchionne-holds-maranello-talks-amid-ferrari-s-struggles-798840/

Marchionne is determined to find out whether or not there is a belief from the shop floor that more potential can be extracted from the SF16-H, and if the true state of progress of the car is as he has been led to believe by senior management.

It is possible that Marchionne could take action after these meetings to tidy up internal structures – moving around those staff who he believes have not been exploited to their best, and moving aside those whom he believes have been holding things back.

Zaru

I have finally accepted that I only liked Ferrari last year because Vettel managed to upset Mercedes from time to time.

Even for him as a driver, I'm conflicted since there are great drives like Canada and uninspired drives like Silverstone.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This is typical Ferrari, starting strong and then disappear behind competition after half of the season. There is something fundamentally wrong with this team leadership and organization as whole

Ferrari are probably heading for some wilderness years. They've won every year since 1994 apart from 2014, so they're probably due their traditional barren spell. Vettel must be searching his contract for a clause.

Zaru

This is typical Ferrari, starting strong and then disappear behind competition after half of the season

You know, I've been hearing this claim for a while but when I check the Ferrari results (point hauls, podiums) going back to the post-Schumacher era, I can't spot anything that would indicate this.

Are the results not telling the whole story or has that just been a psychological phenomenon by fans who expected more of Ferrari every year?

tomtom94

You know, I've been hearing this claim for a while but when I check the Ferrari results (point hauls, podiums) going back to the post-Schumacher era, I can't spot anything that would indicate this.

Are the results not telling the whole story or has that just been a psychological phenomenon by fans who expected more of Ferrari every year?

2013 probably counts, albeit that was mostly because Red Bull knew how to exploit the old construction of the Pirelli tyres far better than Ferrari did.

jey_16

Banned

development has really lagged behind the competition since in-season testing was banned, Ferrari used to just run around Fiorano 24/7 to develop new parts

Tubie

This is typical Ferrari, starting strong and then disappear behind competition after half of the season. There is something fundamentally wrong with this team leadership and organization as whole

The Ferrari Cycle.

Don't be surprised if next year Red Bull is way ahead of them.

DD

BMW is joining Formula E with a partnership with Andretti.

And Verstappen's first car is... a Porsche 911 GT3 RS
I hate being poor -.-'

Zeknurn

BMW have said they plan on entering the sport for real when car swaps are gone. Good stuff.

So what happens to Monza?

If they cannot get the money together they will have to either alternate with Imola like the German GP or stop hosting all together.

Mohonky

Renault have made a big step ahead with the PU this season it has to be said, and Ferrari really haven't.

They all have, even the 1500hp Maclaren.

I think they are all starting to get there, I don't believe any Merc powered cars have any real noticeable straight line performance over the other teams. The Redbull is definitely not lacking pace right now, they used to ONLY be good on tight street circuits, lately they are proving they can get up there on more power orientated tracks.

I think Merc might still have the upper hand in how the power is deployed, but I think in outright numbers everyone is up there. It makes sense, unless Merc find something drastic, they can really only improve in small increments at this point where the others simply had more to find.

People were saying Merc are only up there because of their PU, but they've been there on tight street circuits also, their chasis is also very good.

It's not the first time Merc have been a dominant force, pre-WWII they were equally as dominant, it's only after WWII where they pulled out as a full manufacturer that the Italians started to take over.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think they are all starting to get there, I don't believe any Merc powered cars have any real noticeable straight line performance over the other teams. The Redbull is definitely not lacking pace right now, they used to ONLY be good on tight street circuits, lately they are proving they can get up there on more power orientated tracks.
Really hoping the next Renault upgrade comes sooner than Japan, that extra 20bhp might be just what they need to put a proper challenge at the end of the season.

Either way, all engine manufacturers looking pretty good going into 2017.

BMW is joining Formula E with a partnership with Andretti.

Amazing news for Robin Frijns, I'm glad.

DD

If they cannot get the money together they will have to either alternate with Imola like the German GP or stop hosting all together.

Oh Bernie... *smh*

e.dams testing the new nose.

A big improvement in terms of look and hopefully it will be more durable than the current one.
Not sure if I like thes upper wings. o_O

Amazing news for Robin Frijns, I'm glad.
And it seems that BMW is bringing Felix da Costa to the team. Probably the best lineup of the grid, IMHO.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This Formula E FW looks just like that from that AI robotic formula car render.

Ross Brawn is once more on the Ferrari's radar. This time as a consultant.
(Motorsport)

This Formula E FW looks just like that from that AI robotic formula car render.

Ross Brawn is once more on the Ferrari's radar. This time as a consultant.
(Motorsport)

Would be great to see him arriving in Maranello, taking a tour through the factories and offices and at the end looking at Arrivabene, asking him "what the fuck is going on here?!"

Would be great to see him arriving in Maranello, taking a tour through the factories and offices and at the end looking at Arrivabene, asking him "what the fuck is going on here?!"
When did Brawn leave Ferrari? 2004? And how much of it got fucked up on his way out? I just checked and he left in 2006? Wow. I really wish Brawn was able to stay on long enough to celebrate that championship with Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom