• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

2015 feels like a half completed game, the basics are solid though, but with 2016 looking really good, I would say go for that.

The issue with any Codemasters F1 game so far has been the plethora of bugs after release. So let's be cautiously optimistic and wait for some reviews and patches.

Aside from that, from the videos and info I've seen so far, feature-wise it might be the most "complete" F1 game to date (though I'm not too knowledgeable on the various console-only F1 games before Codemasters took over).
From SC/VSC over formation lap to full player-character career with R&D... the F1 feeling is there. They even seem to pay big attention to tyre wear/strategy and giving the player more info to make the right decisions.

Ryne

It's on that cdkeys site for 33 euros, but we all should know they are pretty grey market.

Looking for a cheap option myself. I don't want to buy from cdkeys because that key looks like it's locked to europe and I'm in canada.

JDB

Banned
2013 is the best one with the most content which is why they never put it on sale hilariously.

5f383c5b7e21a2b9bc3d6d7085fd9e81.png

wow

DBT85

It's on that cdkeys site for 33 euros, but we all should know they are pretty grey market.

Looking for a cheap option myself. I don't want to buy from cdkeys because that key looks like it's locked to europe and I'm in canada.

Not had any issues with cdkeys at all though I am in europe. I have no idea if that makes any difference however.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It was expected that they'd take at least one engine. But taking one for quali and then another for the race wasn't as expected. It was always going to happen at one of the races after the break though just to aid overtaking chances.

Nothing at all. They'd just rather not take the chance on starting at the back. It's a lot of cars to get through and a lot of youngsters with a point to prove.

Even better - knowing they'll be at the back of the grid anyway means they won't even have to run either engine in anger until the race. Do a few installation laps during qualy and park it.

DBT85

^^ lol. What does it say about him?

Even better - knowing they'll be at the back of the grid anyway means they won't even have to run either engine in anger until the race. Do a few installation laps during qualy and park it.

Yep. And save all the tyres for the race.

Though I woudn't be surprised to see Lewis want to get pole anyway.

Mastah

Ah. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was also significant debate about Max Verstappen’s defence of his position from Kimi Raikkonen in Hungary last weekend. It transpires that all the drivers were in agreement that the Dutchman had behaved unacceptably - they felt his moving in the braking zone was beyond the pale. Verstappen, unsurprisingly, did not agree. The problem for the stewards is that there is no specific rule forbidding that, so it is difficult to know what can be done about it.

kmag

What kind of penalty to drivers get for unsafe releases in FPs? I guess nothing too bad?

Normally a fine but the rules allow for a grid penalty (Hamilton won't get a grid penalty)

“If a car is deemed to have been released in an unsafe condition during any practice session, the stewards may drop the driver such number of grid positions as they consider appropriate.”

There was some talk a couple of years back that the FIA actually would take unsafe releases in FP more seriously as there's less excuse for it (no time pressure) and the pit lane has more people in it during free practice, but they've never actually enforced that view point.

DBT85

If he does get a reprimand then he'd get a grid penalty. I doubt they'll reprimand him unless he decided to pull out on his own. If he's just coming out when the team call him its their fault.

Zeknurn

Hamilton seems to have been struggling all weekend, so that means he will put it on pole.

Broken front wing for Vettel, possible floor damage.

Kuros

Not had any issues with cdkeys at all though I am in europe. I have no idea if that makes any difference however.

As long as you don't buy the eastern european ones that you need a VPN when activating i can't see there ever being a problem.

NHale

If he does get a reprimand then he'd get a grid penalty. I doubt they'll reprimand him unless he decided to pull out on his own. If he's just coming out when the team call him its their fault.

That's not an excuse. It's a team sport, if the mechanics put a driver on the track with a loose wheel it's not the driver fault as well but he still gets a penalty. If a engineer said something banned on the team radio even if the driver doesn't want to know, it's still a penalty.

The question here is the precedent of previous GP's. I don't watch practices so I don't know but that was clearly a unsafe release from Lewis Hamilton car, so he should get the respective fine/penalty (or nothing) other drivers received in previous GPs.

DBT85

That's not an excuse. It's a team sport, if the mechanics put a driver on the track with a loose wheel it's not the driver fault as well but he still gets a penalty. If a engineer said something banned on the team radio even if the driver doesn't want to know, it's still a penalty.

I'm not saying its an excuse, I'm saying Id not expect it to be a reprimand which would trigger a grid drop anyway, but either a direct drop or something else.

I'm wondering if he does get a drop for today of say 10 places, Merc will give him a new engine now and make the most of a bad situation. If they have the PUs on hand it would be a perfect time to do it. Not that I imagine they can do an engine swap this late in time for Quali.

NHale

I'm not saying its an excuse, I'm saying Id not expect it to be a reprimand which would trigger a grid drop anyway, but either a direct drop or something else.

I'm wondering if he does get a drop for today of say 10 places, Merc will give him a new engine now and make the most of a bad situation.

I don't recall a driver being dropped in the grid for unsafe release in practice, so I also don't expect anything either. During the race is a 5 sec penalty usually. But since the rules seem to change every week I don't know nothing anymore.

Aegus

With unsafe releases I feel it should be a team penalty. It's the teams fault and a penalty should be applied to both drivers. Would make sure they get their shit right.

Zeknurn

The question here is the precedent of previous GP's. I don't watch practices so I don't know but that was clearly a unsafe release from Lewis Hamilton car, so he should get the respective fine/penalty (or nothing) other drivers received in previous GPs.

Via Motorsport

Although teams normally receive punishment for unsafe releases, it is not unheard of for drivers to be punished as well.

As last year's Belgian Grand Prix, Daniil Kvyat was given a reprimand in second practice after being released in to the path of Felipe Nasr.

At the time the stewards said that Kvyat deserved a reprimand because "the driver did not pay sufficient attention."

Hamilton will get away with it because he's a championship contender and they don't want to affect the battle.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Plus it is Mercedes home race (of sorts) and who is the puny Haas team to oppose the glorious Silver arrows on the home turf? Grosjean should stop and give way. And Lewis should flip a finger in gratitude.

just kidding

DBT85

If it hs to be a grid drop then a reprimand would be the better choice for him. Otherwise its a grid drop and he still has 2 reprimands hanging.

Madchad

So might as well take that engine penalty and get it done with?

Yer i was thinking along those lines, if he takes a grid penalty he might as well get all the other shit that is hanging over him out the way at the same time and have a 20 odd slot penalty like Mclaren did a while ago lol

At least he can start the 2nd half of the season without a lot of the overheads and worries.

With the car hes got he could come from the back easy enough so the points lost wont be so bad.

If it hs to be a grid drop then a reprimand would be the better choice for him. Otherwise its a grid drop and he still has 2 reprimands hanging.

So if you get a third you go right back to zero? That makes no sense to me. Should be a further penalty for every one after the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom