• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. The F2002 and F2004 are two of the fastest F1 cars of all time. The F2004 probably is the fastest of any F1 car in history tbh. Ferrari made some cracking good cars in the early/mid-00s.

The Ferrari of yesteryear is no different to the Mercedes of now.

I know your post was in jest
Didn't they run the F2002 for the first half of 2003 as well?

spuckthew

Yeah, a 'B' version. They did the same for the first couple of races in 2005. Not surprising when the previous year's car was so baller.

DD

EMdiELN.jpg

dakun

If you also exclude RB its another Ferrari dominating season. So Ferrari didnt get worse, they just got competion they didnt have back in Schumi era.

how come people always forget the years where Ferrari had real competition during the Schumi era when talking about them? They dominated for 3 years. (2001,2002,2004) All the other years they had to fight tooth and nail and lost most of their opportunities and winning some by sheer luck/reliability (2003) or driver ability (2000).

I hear this all the time. Schumi/Ferrari had no real competition. And i don't mean you, but the ones who usually say that quite often say it to make Schumi's/Ferrari's success sound less impressive than it is.

Sorry had to get that out of my system lol

Mastah

I would add 2001 wasn't really a domination. Ferrari and McLaren were actually closely matched, no different than in previous seasons, but off form Hakkinen, Coulthard (c'mon, he was never a top talent) and worse reliability resulted in easy Schumacher championship. McLaren should finish at worst within 2 wins in championship, not 6 like it happened.

Schumi only had 2 years on very easy difficulty level.

Zaru

how come people always forget the years where Ferrari had real competition during the Schumi era when talking about them? They dominated for 3 years. (2001,2002,2004) All the other years they had to fight tooth and nail and lost most of their opportunities and winning some by sheer luck/reliability (2003) or driver ability (2000).

I hear this all the time. Schumi/Ferrari had no real competition. And i don't mean you, but the ones who usually say that quite often say it to make Schumi's/Ferrari's success sound less impressive than it is.

Sorry had to get that out of my system lol

People tend to forget years like that when not looking back fondly on dominators they disliked.

2000 was the last big Schumacher/Häkkinen fight, and 2003 had 7 different winners.

The same can be said about Vettel's years. People often talk about 2010-2013 as if Vettel dominated them all, when in reality he had to clinch those championships back from 4th/5th in the standings in 2010 and 2012.

tomtom94

Formula E’s highlights programming have not fared well on ITV’s main channel for the 2015-16 season, averaging around 170k and being beaten by all five of its terrestrial television competitors on numerous occasions. The fact of the matter is, Formula E rated below the relevant slot averages for ITV wherever and whenever it was aired.

Well, there it is.

People tend to forget years like that when not looking back fondly on dominators they disliked.

2000 was the last big Schumacher/Häkkinen fight, and 2003 had 7 different winners.

The same can be said about Vettel's years. People often talk about 2010-2013 as if Vettel dominated them all, when in reality he had to clinch those championships back from 4th/5th in the standings in 2010 and 2012.
Everybody here knows 2012 was supposed to go to McLaren right? They dropped the ball so hard that year that I practically consider that one gift wrapped for any other team that won it.

ramparter

Banned
Everybody here knows 2012 was supposed to go to McLaren right? They dropped the ball so hard that year that I practically consider that one gift wrapped for any other team that won it.
Supposedely they had a great car but couldnt get the tyes right if i remember correctly. So disappointing after winning the first 2 races.

Supposedely they had a great car but couldnt get the tyes right if i remember correctly. So disappointing after winning the first 2 races.
2012 car was legit from what I remember. Would've won if the damn thing was reliable and they didn't fuck up in the pits a lot during the early part of the season. Also didn't help that they took some time after Canada to help Button figure out how to set it up instead of just making the thing faster.

acm2000

im not surprised people arent watching F-E, firstly its relegated to an arsewash ITV channel, secondly the tracks are dull as shit making it impossible to watch

spuckthew

2012 car was legit from what I remember. Would've won if the damn thing was reliable and they didn't fuck up in the pits a lot during the early part of the season. Also didn't help that they took some time after Canada to help Button figure out how to set it up instead of just making the thing faster.

It was a complete farce.

TvmJDR9.jpg

Circled are McLaren's retirements in 2012. I don't know what happened to Button in Malaysia and Canada, but he technically finished the races which is why I didn't circle them. Either way, that's 10 fucking retirements (6 for Hamilton - 3 while leading) and 12 no-points races.

Button wouldn't have challenged the title that year; but between McLaren's issues, Maldonado and Grojean, Hamilton was certainly robbed of it.

It was a complete farce.

TvmJDR9.jpg

Circled are McLaren's retirements in 2012. I don't know what happened to Button in Malaysia and Canada, but he technically finished the races which is why I didn't circle them. Either way, that's 10 fucking retirements (6 for Hamilton - 3 while leading) and 12 no-points races.

Button wouldn't have challenged the title that year; but between McLaren's issues, Maldonado and Grojean, Hamilton was certainly robbed of it.
It's like that car was made out of plastic. Probably one of the best cars to be wasted like that.

I take it they've always been like that? I know they made a car they couldn't even make work over a decade ago and Raikkonen's McLaren's were either shit or fragile but fast. Makes me wonder why that team is held so highly even to this day since they're borderline Williams now. I hope they get back to winning ways but damn they fell from grace hard. Seems like every so often they actually get a good driver, but they seem to fail the driver. Happened to Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton (though yeah he won a championship, but he seemed to have more than one championship in him during that time frame).

I've been watching older races lately...Rosberg has been getting hung out to dry for years, he really does not know how to back out of anything.

Spa 2010 done, roll on Bahrain 2014...
5eu0Qr4.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
F1 2016 |OT] Less Changes than in F1's 2016 Rules and Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom