• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being entirely late to this, but just heard they're using the new qualifying format again?! The hell? Wasn't there overnight agreement to scrap it last Saturday? Ahahaha, the rules process is so broken. Was this the sort of situation where because one troll on the committee wanted to keep it, they had to? Though to a degree I blame the teams for agreeing to anything so misguided in the first place.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
If we had team radio working like last year we would have known that Vettel's wheel nut was not tightened correctly.

Sorry for being entirely late to this, but just heard they're using the new qualifying format again?! The hell? Wasn't there overnight agreement to scrap it last Saturday? Ahahaha, the rules process is so broken. Was this the sort of situation where because one troll on the committee wanted to keep it, they had to? Though to a degree I blame the teams for agreeing to anything so misguided in the first place.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| Make F1 great again.

hadareud

The Translator
Which should pretty much tell you how meaningless times in FP's are.

Meaningless to a point.

They're three seconds quicker than they were in last years qualifying. It's difficult to argue that they haven't made a step forward.

Probably not top 10, but they're nowhere near as shite as they were last season.

At least we're getting a Bernie interview by EJ this weekend.

Is Sunhi ready for the sequel?

berdee6qfm.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone looking for a fun Android/iOS game should check out Motorsport Manager.

Really well made racing management sim. Good production value and it's only 99 cents (I thin it was free on iOS at some point this week.. Not sure if that's still the case).

There are micro transactions but they are only cheats to get more money. Not really any p2w stuff and it's only offline anyway.

Ark

Are the drivers allowed to change their helmet designs again? I haven't seen anything about that in ages.

Also, I'd totally forgotten about that legendary Bernie gif.

Line_HTX

Mercedes going to be in front at the start again.

I can feel it.

Edit:

Scuderia Ferrari ‏@ScuderiaFerrari 29m29 minutes ago

'We don't know yet 100%. I felt that I lost drive, so I decided to stop not to take any risk' #Seb5 #BahrainGP

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Those who will start on supersofts will have to pit in lap 10-14 or even earlier. And I think that strategy SS (starting tyre) --> S --> M will be the best. Or maybe switch medium and soft stints.

Edit:

Scuderia Ferrari ‏@ScuderiaFerrari 29m29 minutes ago

'We don't know yet 100%. I felt that I lost drive, so I decided to stop not to take any risk' #Seb5 #BahrainGP
Wheel nut was gone on rear left and wheel got loose.

DBT85

I also hate it when every ad break has the same adverts. US TV seems notorious for that.

That's entirely the advertisers fault. When you book a set of ads you pay for a specific time slot and a specific amount of airings. Now that might be 10:00 - 18:00 and 5 airings or more specific like 12:00 - 14:00 and 6 airings.

Obviously if you want your advert in a specific show that's popular its going to cost you more etc etc.

All the teams agreed to get rid of it and go back to last years format, but when they all met up with the FIA and Bernie, Jean Todt only gave them the option of reverting Q3 back to last year. Apparently he didn't want to be dictated to by the teams (the same people that said the new format would be a disaster). 4 or 5 teams voted no as they wanted it all back to last year and hoped he'd call a second vote.

He didn't.

Line_HTX

So much for that "red season" and Mercedes going "Oh shit, they have something up their sleeves"...

Ferrari is losing their SHIT.

chadskin

On the bright side, AMuS says the issue costs Ferrari about 0.5s per lap which means they'd definitely give the Mercs a run for their money.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
On the bright side, AMuS says the issue is costing Ferrari about 0.5s per lap which means they'd definitely give the Mercs a run for their money.

Nah, Mercedes is still having hidden reserves. They are just playing the cards close to their chests. And they will have their first major upgrade right in time for Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom