• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Can't wait! This will be my first F1 race.

Got pit walk on Thursday and I've got the lead on where the RedBull party is gonna be at. Hoping that it's less crowded as a result of last years disaster if only to make it easier to get around the track.
I wanna go to the red bull party ;(
I can even wear my official team shirt from a couple years ago! Max pls

Chris R

Been to Austin for the race twice, had a blast both times (even with it being so very wet last year and the post race shuttle fuckup that had me standing in a 2+ hour queue to leave the track)

And it's easy to get around the track even when it's jam packed, only real bottleneck is the pedestrian bridge, but I only used it once, hoofed it around the outer perimeter the other times.

The Biergarden at T6 is the best spot to be when the racing isn't going on though, but it looks like they added a bunch of performances going on between sessions this year?

Would go again since my work trip almost lines up perfectly, but the conference is in Nashville this year and starts on Monday so it's a little extreme to fly/drive the distance :( Doing Talladega on Sunday instead :D

Aiii

So not worth it
So, given Max finished 4th last year and the fact that he's in RBR now it's that time a year again where we discuss what to do when he gets to the podium. Apparently, in Texas, you're allowed to drink when your parent is present and gives permission, so I guess Jos has to come along on the podium.

So, given Max finished 4th last year and the fact that he's in RBR now it's that time a year again where we discuss what to do when he gets to the podium. Apparently, in Texas, you're allowed to drink when your parent is present and gives permission, so I guess Jos has to come along on the podium.

lol.. it's funny..

He should just spray I think

Line_HTX

14726394_964909436988365_3653878920958181376_n.jpg

I'm dying... Help me.

Lewis is an ambassador...

38EfMh8.gif

Lucius86

Banned
Fair play to him; if I could get my mug in The Witcher series I would say 'yes' in a heartbeat.

Ploughing sorceresses and all that. The fiance won't mind I'm sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
I for one am glad that Lewis found the time to get put into a video game in between the snapchatting and getting beaten by Nico.

Icefire1424

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy Goooooooooood that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time.

...seriously though, where's his dog? That's the only thing missing.

Edit:

I for one am glad that Lewis found the time to get put into a video game in between the snapchatting and getting beaten by Nico.

Ice. Cold. Please don't stop.

Staab

Can't say they'll miss him.. he had kinda gone off the deep end since returning in the "McLaren Honda era", imo.
I don't think he quite adapted to the new reality of McLaren being mid-field.

NHale

Williams are trying to keep Bottas for next year (even making public stataments) and asking him to stay another year. While the team seems to be going downwards again, I would stick if I were him. It's still a Mercedes engine and Renault can be great or terrible because they don't have the technical personnel yet, so I don't expect a big improvement on the car next year.

Also apparently Renault is only offering a 1+1 contract because they want that 2018 spot free for Alonso or Sainz.

If Bottas doesn't sign it seems that Ocon is the favorite for the 2nd seat at Renault

That's a pretty big change for McLaren. I wonder who could replace him.

Capito is there to replacing him on the Formula 1 side, right?

Don't know who will be in charge of the Technology side but maybe this is some fuel to the fire of the Apple acquisition.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sure. As if Nico leading the WDC is solely due to his outstanding driving...

Oh, we're still doing this? How many races does a man have to win until it's enough to satisfy?

Last person who gambled on Renault (well, Lotus) was Maldonado, we know how well that turned out...

Maldonado didn't gamble on anything, he had a nice run for a guy like him. The last guy that gambled on Lotus was Kimi and we know exactly how great that ended up for him.

Zaru

Maldonado didn't gamble on anything, he had a nice run for a guy like him.
We joke about his crashed and everything but at the end of the day he's a GP2 champion and race winner, regardless of how those came to be.
The last guy that gambled on Lotus was Kimi and we know exactly how great that ended up for him.

It's funny how Kimi won races at Lotus but not at Ferrari afterwards. Of course Mercedes is to "blame" for that but still.

Oh, we're still doing this? How many races does a man have to win until it's enough to satisfy?.

Yeah, his team mates engines exploding in a quarter of the race weekends this year have nothing to do with it.

Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Everyone knows that even without engine issues, Nico would still be beating Lewis.

Fair and square.

Everyone knows that.

It like there's some conspiracy to talk about reliability of one car deciding the WDC instead of just focusing on how Nico has driven this year, and I just can't figure out why?

Maybe if Lewis could stop using social media, his engines wouldn't blow up? Maybe if he wasn't spending more time than anybody else actually being a face for F1 outside of the race track, he wouldn't have had hydraulic issues in Singapore?

Maybe, just maybe, he could've won the WDC already if he would just stop wearing sunglasses?

We need to stop talking about blown up engines and focus on what's REALLY stopped Lewis winning in 2016.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ross Brawn in his new book reveals why he left Mercedes

"So I was beginning to deal with people who I didn't feel I could ultimately trust; people within the team, who had let me down already in terms of their approach.

"Then in early 2013, I discovered Paddy Lowe had been contracted to join the team and it had been signed off in Stuttgart. When I challenged Toto and Niki, they blamed each other. I met them to have it out with them. And they both pointed to each other…"

He adds: "I couldn't trust this people, so I saw no future unless I was willing to go to war and remove them. I saw no future with people that I didn't feel I could trust."

Fisico

We joke about his crashed and everything but at the end of the day he's a GP2 champion and race winner, regardless of how those came to be.

Kinda crazy to think that in the end Maldonado is the only GP2 driver asides from Rosberg and Hamilton that has won a F1 race.

But when it takes you 3,4 seasons to win the GP2 title we all know what it means (see Palmer this year).

NHale

Yeah, his team mates engines exploding in a quarter of the race weekends this year have nothing to do with it.

Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Everyone knows that even without engine issues, Nico would still be beating Lewis.

Fair and square.

Everyone knows that.

It like there's some conspiracy to talk about reliability of one car deciding the WDC instead of just focusing on how Nico has driven this year, and I just can't figure out why?

Maybe if Lewis could stop using social media, his engines wouldn't blow up? Maybe if he wasn't spending more time than anybody else actually being a face for F1 outside of the race track, he wouldn't have had hydraulic issues in Singapore?

Maybe, just maybe, he could've won the WDC already if he would just stop wearing sunglasses?

We need to stop talking about blown up engines and focus on what's REALLY stopped Lewis winning in 2016.

He could have at least won every race where he didn't have any issues considering he has an absolute trash driver as teammate and the best car on the field.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think you are mistaking me for someone saying he doesn't deserve to win the WDC. I think he does - winning against a driver like Lewis is no small feat, but that said he did profit immensely from his teammate's misfortune.

My bad, it's hard to tell sometimes. :)

Mercedes have a lot to gain having a GERMAN World Champion.

I think there's more to the conspiracy than we know. I don't think you'd see Lewis' car have as many issues if Red Bull or Ferrari were within an earshot of winning the constructors.

Fox Mulder

Mercedes have a lot to gain having a GERMAN World Champion.

I think there's more to the conspiracy than we know. I don't think you'd see Lewis' car have as many issues if Red Bull or Ferrari were within an earshot of winning the constructors.

I still can't believe they are sabotaging lewis, but who knows. There's a number of things that I don't blame people for pointing to.

The personnel swap was one, and it does feel like all the other merc engines among 4 teams don't have as many issues as the ones in Hamilton's car though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom