• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

They've spent the whole night dumping water on the track.

I can already see Max after two laps: "Guys, I think it's time for inters"...

Mastah

They'll have a second car ready for the afternoon.

No, they won't:

C55gO4yWYAA2QLV.jpg:large

n0n44m

They'll have a second car ready for the afternoon.

Nah

Therefore, on safety grounds, the team will not run the car today. A second chassis will be prepared at track this afternoon, as originally planned, with the team aiming to be back on track for the second test next week starting on Tuesday 7 March

From their Twitter

Also from autosport

The fortunate thing for us is that the weather has been quite nice this week, so teams have had three good days of testing. But keeping the track wet at a track like this with a lot of elevation, particularly up to a corner like Turn 9, is not easy. You need the conditions to be consistent for good wet tyre testing, and this situation isn't going to provide that because you would need the water tankers out on track all day to achieve that. I expect a limited amount of running in these conditions because nobody has lots of bits to spare. It looks like it's going to be a day of testing thrown away for little advantage.
Gary Anderson

Aiii

So not worth it
Wet testing is a huge success:
1 Verstappen (12)
2 Raikkonen (9)
3 Vandoorne (13)
4 Giovinazzi (11)
Kvyat (1)
Hulkenberg (1)
Grosjean (1)
Hamilton (0)
Perez (0)

I mean, I understand why there's an engineered tread pattern on the rear wets like that to cope with the size difference, but they look soooooooo goofy. Hell, they look like they're for brute force through snow! These almost seem like they're built for road cars.

Following in the rain is going to be even more a mess now. A repeat of Brazil would be a disaster to watch. Oh damn, Massa needs to wreck another chassis this year to re-celebrate his retirement, doesn't he? How are they going to have any spare parts that late in the season? He even got a celebratory safety car held out and pit lane closed long enough for his family to go out and greet him. Good luck getting a second favor like that from race control.

n0n44m

Noch immer warten wir auf die erste Ausfahrt von Mercedes und Force India. Auch Toro Rosso scheint wieder in Trouble zu stecken. Oder man hat keine Lust auf der nassen Piste zu fahren. Gestern kämpfte das Team aus Faenza sowohl in der Früh als auch am Nachmittag mit einer fehlerhaften Antriebseinheit. Wir hören, dass das Problem im Verbrennungsmotor steckte.

Toro Rosso yesterday had problems with the Internal Combustion Engine part of the Renault power plant according to AMuS

let's hope we won't see issues with this 4 engines for 20 races thing this season (obviously McHonda has a snowball's chance in hell of avoiding penalties)

Zaru

It's funny how Ferrari is deliberately low-key about their expectations/confidence this year but everyone else generates enough hype to do that questionable job for them anyway.

It's funny how Ferrari is deliberately low-key about their expectations/confidence this year but everyone else generates enough hype to do that questionable job for them anyway.

I've seen the same bs play out so many times in the pre season with Ferrari.

Don't get suckered into believing this shit people.

Pre season testing should officially be renamed to sandbagging season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom