• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Holy shit. It's been what, five? Years since Sky picked up the rights, and they might finally have a pundit on the team that doesn't have the charisma of a potato.

Get those T-wings and fins off the cars for next year and the cars will be among the best-looking ever. The fat tyres improve the presentation a lot more than I was expecting. The rears look like they're out of a cartoon. They're so wide that pit stops will be longer just because of the distance needed to pull and push the gun. It's amazing. Williams and RBR, I'm looking at you for entertainment.

Bahrain will be an interesting test since it can perfectly show off what the cars are better at in a variety of ways. There are a few segments that will probably be flat-out now that'll cut off a lot of time (the start and ends of sector 2), plus a few big grip events coming out of slow corners. Pretty much the ideal circuit to throw up an isolation bubble to see how much time we've shaved off, since the race is in twilight and different track conditions to what testing will be.

https://www.facebook.com/CentralF1/videos/1216550431797121/

kdeP5w1.jpg

So evil

kiyomi

Holy shit. It's been what, five? Years since Sky picked up the rights, and they might finally have a pundit on the team that doesn't have the charisma of a potato.

And they had to get the guy that helped fix a race. Great.

Burai

shitonmychest57

To be fair, you could say the same about Herbert. And even Hill in the right company. There's just something about Sky's production that seems to suck all the fun and joy out of anyone that gets in front of the camera.

The odd thing is that you don't get the same thing on any of Sky's other sports, even if the format is technically even stuffier (suits, in a studio).

Mohonky

He's always been pretty classy. He has said / done some stupid things, but he's no where near the asshole drivers like Senna, Prost and Schumacher were on track and he is pretty chill with a lot of the things he does. People do like to have a go at his social media antics, but at least he's not a damn robot.

Yagami_Sama

Honda can't be serious.

How come they are having similar issues that they have at their first season. Things are not looking good.

Hamilton has the occasional bout with dumb fuckery, but outside of that he's always seemed like a class act. Doesn't really help that the media hones in on every single thing he does. Like imagine the media coverage if he got plastered and face planted off a yacht.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Hamilton has the occasional bout with dumb fuckery, but outside of that he's always seemed like a class act. Doesn't really help that the media hones in on every single thing he does. Like imagine the media coverage if he got plastered and face planted off a yacht.

What I do in my private life is my own damned business.

Honda can't be serious.

How come they are having similar issues that they have at their first season. Things are not looking good.

It's honestly baffling. I can understand if there was a new engine spec this year but its the same turbo and displacement design woth tweaks.

Seriously Honda? I cant wait for them to get fed up and sell the team only for them to win it all the following year.

BigAl1992

It's honestly baffling. I can understand if there was a new engine spec this year but its the same turbo and displacement design woth tweaks.

Seriously Honda? I cant wait for them to get fed up and sell the team only for them to win it all the following year.

Honda do not own the team. They are in an engine partnership with Mclaren. But I agree with what you're saying. How the hell could Honda screw it up after two years of work on the engine already?

DBT85

He's always been pretty classy. He has said / done some stupid things, but he's no where near the asshole drivers like Senna, Prost and Schumacher were on track and he is pretty chill with a lot of the things he does. People do like to have a go at his social media antics, but at least he's not a damn robot.

Considering most of the complaints about him seem to be his taste in music, clothing, jewellery, friends and social life, and rarely anything to do with actual driving, it's weird to me that he's as hated as he seems to be.

He gets paid to drive a car at mad speeds and compete against some of the best drivers and teams in the world yet at times he seems to be the only guy on grid who actually enjoys it.

People have snagged him off for year because he was Harston tyres, or used more fuel, or whatever. Yet it turns out he doesn't use more tyres, doesn't use more fuel, and does it while being consistently the fastest guy in thar particular car.

Honda basically started from scratch this year. The whole engine layout has changed to more closely replicate the others for a few reasons including power, packaging and efficiency.

Its still mad they've had this many pros, just as it was Renault did in the first few years. Being down on power is one thing, but they can run these things on the bench in the factory for unlimited hours. Turning up with something that doesn't work room a reliability standpoint is mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom