• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Another problem with the Honda engine meaning hours before McLaren will be back on the track.

Sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jesus Marcus Ericsson is HUGE.

Will Buxton doing a live Paddock Pass is a nice little gift from Liberty Media, well done already, lads.

---
He grabs Boullier: "How are you, Sir?"
-"Gooooo..... Well, it's sunny."

Button

Banned
S2ElR2R.jpg

Ferrari.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Another problem with the Honda engine meaning hours before McLaren will be back on the track.

Sure.

Because the engine can't cope with a half race distance. Totally fucking appalling. Honda, to quote Gordon Ramsay, just Fuck Off.

Formula 1 2017 [OT]: A Stroll in the grass.
I approve of this message.

Aiii

So not worth it
That was a great little live show from F1, Liberty Media bringing us the future, hope they do one every day this week.

Mastah

Andrew Benson‏ @andrewbensonf1 51s52 seconds ago

Honda "detected electrical issue with the PU. In interest of maximising track time, opted to replace it and investigate issue further"

stryke

I really wonder how long Mclaren Honda can keep going like this.

They are just pathetic. 6 engine changes already and this is their third year in.

Lach

Interesting Marcus talking about how he was finally able to build some muscle due to the changes in weight restrictions...

Button

Banned
McLaren should pull out of the season and start a bid for the Manor slot for Mercedes. This Honda shit will never get them anywhere.

Zaru

Have the softest compounds found more use during last year's testing?

I'm trying to figure out if teams are doing so few ultra/ss runs (and when they do they aren't THAT far ahead) because they're too soft for Barcelona or if they're hiding performance that way

Aiii

So not worth it
God, that poor Sauber is soooo slow and that's before that old Ferrari engine gets wrecked by turned up 2017 engines... Ouch.

dubc35

lol, just tuning into testing and came here. I thought the posts about McHonda were from the last test...then I checked the date/time of posts. They are such complete shit. It's not even funny anymore. [edit] for the record, I like McLaren and want them to do well but god they suck.

Is it Arnold... Palmer?
See Honda? The Renault PU even carries lemonade and iced tea! smh

Danielsan

It's such a shame that we lost Manor. At least we had some back marker fights every now and then. Then again, maybe Sauber can fight with McLaren this year...

Anatoli68

Neo Member
It's such a shame that we lost Manor. At least we had some back marker fights every now and then. Then again, maybe Sauber can fight with McLaren this year...

You have to remember that Sauber has last year Ferrari engine, so maybe it's McLaren that wish to fight at least with Sauber...

Mastah

Fox Mulder

Honda's 2017 power unit is a joke:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/mclaren-honda-motorschaden-test-barcelona-11840526.html

-today exactly the same failure as last week happened, they have no clue what's causing it

-they are running with power at the same level as in 2015, yes, you read it right, 2015 LOL

-it is believed they have problems with jet ignited combustion, it creates strong vibrations and high temperatures, affecting whole engine

What a fucking joke.

Hilarious. Just go away Honda.

They aren't going to buy a team like Renault, they aren't going to find customers with this shit PU, and they've seemingly learned nothing about f1 engine development in the past few years.

Embarrassing really.

Dilly

Banned

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/mclaren-honda-motorschaden-test-barcelona-11840526.html

-today exactly the same failure as last week happened, they have no clue what's causing it

-they are running with power at the same level as in 2015, yes, you read it right, 2015 LOL

-it is believed they have problems with jet ignited combustion, it creates strong vibrations and high temperatures, affecting whole engine

What a fucking joke.

How can you not see this during testing, bunch of fuckwads.

McLaren should just dump Honda and go back to Mercedes engines.

BigAl1992

What a fucking joke.

Yup, that's what I feared was the case. Engine development at Honda went backwards this year, which is amazing when you think about how Honda could make even more of a mess of it. Which reminds me, has anyone checked to see how Wax Free Vanilla is? I haven't seen him here for a while now.

Zaru

I've got zero care for McLaren or Honda but I want to see Alonso go out with a bang and Vandoorne to come in with one.
Why must you torture me so, McHonda?

Honda coming back into F1 was fueled in most part it seems by old glory que fue seeing "Mclaren-Honda" back. I find it amazing that a car and engine manufacturer banking heavily on hybrid engines can't make this work at all. Bad press all around for Honda.

DBT85

How differently do you think things would have turned out if Honda had stayed after 2008?

We'll conceivably they would have challenged for the title, as they'd developed the car that won it anyway. Only it would have had an engine that fit properly, though probably not as powerful.

Jezbollah

We'll conceivably they would have challenged for the title, as they'd developed the car that won it anyway. Only it would have had an engine that fit properly, though probably not as powerful.

I don't think Honda would have had any problems with the 2009 V8 engine. That Brawn championship was by large part Hondas.. In fact, in most of motorsport they've always delivered a competent engine even in it's first year of competition - hell, even the Mugen Honda engine was somewhat competitive at times.

The fact they're so much out of sorts when it comes to this hybrid formula is so surprising - and I think this is at the forefront of the dismay we're continuing to see.

Mastah

Newey's magic we were all waiting for or some silly stuff for pit stops practice only?

C6VlCGOWAAI4L_7.jpg:large

C6VaAB8XEAMkwK4.jpg

edit:

Tobi Grüner @tgruener 2m2 minutes ago

I love Red Bulls dummy pit stop practice car. So much stuff to discover here. Don't be confused. It's not the real RB13!

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom