• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Pre-Season |OT| The Ferrari is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Autosport is getting bored also after all these days haha.

14:16 Ah, he couldn't if he tried. The Force India's back out again.
14:16 Perez pits. Don't go breaking our hearts, Sergio.
14:15 He's straight back out! What a hero.
14:15 Perez returns to the pits. Sadness descends upon the Circuit de Catalunya. Tears fall in the grandstand. Boredom sets in.
14:12 A car! Thank you, Force India. People's champion. The silence is broken by Sergio Perez.

Zaru

However, on his final day in the car before the Australian GP, Raikkonen returned Ferrari to the top of the order with two eye-catching laps just before the lunch break

That's a quote from 2016 btw
Are we in a time loop

Zaru

tH9OMD8.jpg

This fucking cat

ramparter

Banned
Am I the only one who see similarities between the Ferrari pre-season times significance discussion and Nintendo's switch launch sales numbers? :p

Mastah

Hulk:

"I don't think we matched our expectations. We discovered a few things that are not as we would like them to be," he said.

"So this is how it is. Now we have to work hard to improve and get into the right direction.

"Points will be difficult, as I think four teams are clearly in front. Then there's not much left. It's going to be difficult."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...t-matched-our-expectations-hulkenberg-881489/

Alan Permane thinks Renault are on Toro Rosso level, slightly faster than Force India and Haas, while according to Hulk Ferrari is the best car:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...n=Feed:+formula_1_english+(AMS+F1+(Englisch))

So it seems it is:

1. Mercedes
1. Ferrari
3. Red Bull
4. Williams
5. Renault
5. Toro Rosso
7. Force India
7. Haas
9. Sauber
10. McLaren

DD

Grosjean is still complaining about the brakes in his Haas. Wants another supplier (Brembo -> Carbon Industries). :p

Zaru

RIP John even though I didn't remember your name in that championship quiz the other day.

Also, Ricciardo needs to win Australia at one point in his career to give us the shoey to end all shoeys.

LordAmused

I have never been so ashamed of being a McLaren Honda fan.
The electrical issues that plagued the car the whole week are still not fixed and Honda is silent on the issue.

Yesterday, both Honda and McLaren heads were supposed to have a joint conference though it never happened...

Now what? I mean we can trust them to be ready by Melbourne? Right?
RIGHT?

Meanwhile Mercedes has 1500+ laps and McLaren Honda can't even crack a 100 a day, hell 50 was good.

Zaru

Well, that's a wrap. Testing's over folks. First time I've ever paid attention to F1 testing.
Now there's just the usual two week wait until the first race. Feels like a season already!

Mastah

Fastest times per team:

1. Ferrari 1:18.634
2. Mercedes +0.7
3. Williams +0.8
4. Red Bull +0.8
5. Toro Rosso +1.2
6. Renault +1.3
7. Force India +1.5
8. Haas +1.9
9. McLaren +2.7
10. Sauber +3